3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow mocassins  (Read 1154 times)

Offline sinawalli

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow mocassins
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Converml:
According to the web site and talking with Paul today the single sloes are resoled as well. He said if I started out with a double I couldn't go back to a single but if I start with single and feel I want a double sole that was easier. So I reserved the single sole today. O well see.
Why do you want a single sole, as opposed to a double?
That which doesn't kill me, will make me stronger!

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
I must have misunderstood what I read. That's good to know. I thought the double sole would protect my foot better. The single sole is a quarter of an inch thick. The double is twice as thick.

I like what I have. (:

You will not be disappointed with what you have ordered.

Martin

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
I wanted something I could wear around the house and stalking. I figured 1/4 inch was pretty thick unless I walked a gravel rd. 1/2 in I figured was a lot of leather for just what I was going to do. I was glad to hear if I felt I needed the double sole he could add with no problem.
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline sinawalli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »
I wanted something I could wear around the house and stalking. I figured 1/4 inch was pretty thick unless I walked a gravel rd. 1/2 in I figured was a lot of leather for just what I was going to do. I was glad to hear if I felt I needed the double sole he could add with no problem.
I agree 100%, you got the best of both worlds! Myself, I went with the boot, solely because the terrain I hunt is more conducive to a boot. I see Dyer offers a 5 hole boot, but I ain't Bill Gates!! These are by and far the best bang for ones buck IMHO!!

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »
Yea up here there are no thorns like Arizona / Texas . Mostly during hunting season it's dry leaves and branches. In in the hardwoods of upstate NY and when I say upstate I don't mean Albany, NY keeps going past that 4 hours to the Canadian border/ saint Lawrence river. I'm only 5 min from the border near Cornwall so my main concern is being quiet when it's dry out. When it's raining and the leaves are wet it's not bad but walking through dry maple leaves even a light cover on a trail you might as well be blowing a trumpet around. Anyway I'm happy with the decision. The money order should be there tomorrow. So in some odd weeks.    :pray:
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline sinawalli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »
Yea up here there are no thorns like Arizona / Texas . Mostly during hunting season it's dry leaves and branches. In in the hardwoods of upstate NY and when I say upstate I don't mean Albany, NY keeps going past that 4 hours to the Canadian border/ saint Lawrence river. I'm only 5 min from the border near Cornwall so my main concern is being quiet when it's dry out. When it's raining and the leaves are wet it's not bad but walking through dry maple leaves even a light cover on a trail you might as well be blowing a trumpet around. Anyway I'm happy with the decision. The money order should be there tomorrow. So in some odd weeks.     :pray:  
My MO got there on Monday. My sister used to live in Cornwall, so I know the area you speak of. Plan to use mine with a pair of goretex socks, as it can be wet up here in Sept. Will use them along with my usual Bean Boots.

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »
That should work well I ordered 2sets of wool inserts from Two Tracks so even when they get wet wool is still warm.
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline longbow guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
Hey Chuck, I just ordered a pair of Arrow Mocs ,and my wife  is interested in a pair. She would like to know if you or anyone else out there could take a photo with just socks , to see if mocs would look alright with shorts. Thanks.  :wavey:    :wavey:
(david miller) old tom , black widow  pl III and  pl ll
wifes (david miller) little hawk
wifes black rhino
two tracks longwalker
MLA Member and Compton Member

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
They would look fine with  a pair of black socks women wear that go just below the ankle for the short mocs. For the higher ones just a pair of crew socks and you would never see the socks.
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by TxAg:
Spoke with them today. Got a pair coming in 3 weeks!
Well, they beat 3 weeks. They arrived today so that makes 17 days from order to door step.

I've never had moccasins before. So far, I'm impressed and intrigued...

The leather looks thick and of high quality. The double sole is more than enough to stop these pesky cactus thorns. The stitching looks bomb proof, and to top it off, I think I ordered the perfect size.

I'm looking forward to breaking them in. I've only been wearing them for about 5 minutes now indoors.

My only complaint is that I wish they were about an inch higher around my ankles. I've got the 3-hole lace up boot.

Maybe I'll have some pics tonight.

Edit:  I applied Snow Seal (very liberally). After wax each moccasin weighs exactly 18.5 oz.  I'm wearing a 10.5 E

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
Yes...pics please.  A pair of these are on my list!
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
You'll have to excuse the white legs. I'm wearing them with shorts around the house, haha.

From the front

From the inside

From the back

From the outside

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
moccasins look good how do they fit with the wool sock on

Offline longbow guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
Thak you very much for the pics (my wife's waiting to get her mocs.) I got mine a couple weeks ago, very well made!!!  :thumbsup:
(david miller) old tom , black widow  pl III and  pl ll
wifes (david miller) little hawk
wifes black rhino
two tracks longwalker
MLA Member and Compton Member

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by skilonbw:
Wool Socks are the only way to go, Your feet never felt so good at the end of the day.

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by skilonbw:
It was 90* here today, and I wore them for a few hours with the wool socks in the pics above (medium weight). My feet weren't too hot. I can't get over how comfy these are and they're not even broken in yet.

I anticipate that I'll always wear these with socks...whether heavy weight or light. What I'm wondering is how do the Canoe Moccasins hold up to being worn barefoot? Yes...I already want another pair, haha.

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
Those are sweeeeet!
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline sinawalli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
My Arrow Bush Boots arrived today! OMG! I don't see how these folks stay in buisness! If these things wear out before the year 4000, I'd be amazed! The most sturdiest boot I have ever seen! The uppers are at least .25" thick! Might be a bit to break them in, but they are still comfortable, sole is at least .5" thick as well! Very simple design, nothing special, but amazing craftmanship! The Abrams tank of footware!They said 3-4 weeks, and it took just over 2! Highly recommend these guys!!

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »
They're nice aren't they

How tall are the Bush Boots?  Are yours lined?

Offline sinawalli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2012, 07:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by TxAg:
They're nice aren't they

How tall are the Bush Boots?  Are yours lined?
They are a bit taller than a pair of Bean Boots, about 10". They are unlined. For the price, I can't see why anyone would go with Russells or Dyers or Quoddy!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©