3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: M. Browning. Bowhunter Hall of Fame. Help!  (Read 982 times)

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
M. Browning. Bowhunter Hall of Fame. Help!
« on: May 01, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »
This has been long over due. I want to start here an online petition from our members here to submit to National Bowhunter Hall of Fame Org. to consider Monty Browning for membership.. here how it works....i will compile the names and comments and submit to the HQ for consideration. I called their office and it's pretty simple process so here's what i need.  Your comments about Monty's impact, his message, his chariable banquet endeavors,his hunting records, or field accomplishments...etc...in short how he has touched your bowhunting life directly or indirectly...You may have never met him but read him?.Have you ever heard him at a banquet? stuff like that...or simply just type your name in support.... LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN.....
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: M. Browning. Bowhunter Hall of Fame. Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 01:44:00 PM »
Joey Buchanan, Oxford ,MS

I can think of no one in the bowhunting arena that has promoted bowhunting in such a positive ,unselfish way as Monty Browning from Clemson ,SC for the last 40 years plus. From taking Big Game World records to speaking at 100's of state and national banquets mostly on his dime...he has unselfishly shown all of us the romance and spiritual side of bowhunting. No corporate money behind this gentleman, just his sweat and tears on a postman salary. If you look up the definition of bowhunting in websters....it should just say two words....Monty Browning
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »
I'm all in on this one Joey!!

I had never met Monty before, but had read his stories in Traditional Bowhunter Magazine.  There was a church by my house that was looking for a speaker for a wild game dinner.  I just picked up the phone and called information and they connected me to Monty's home.  I talked to his wife and a day later I received a call back from Monty himself.  He said he would speak for no fee and asked all that we paid was his travel.  He ended up staying at my house for a 3 day weekend!  It was , still to this day, one of the best things to ever happen to me.  He shared many stories with me and many tips and made me feel like we had been friends for years.  Monty made such an impact on the way I hunt, how I view hunting, how I view the animals we hunt, and how I view life and the relationships we have with other in our life.  If you strip away all Monty's hunting accomplishments you would still be left with a great man!  The way he talks, acts, carries himself, how he respects and views others has made more of an impact on me than his hunting.  In 3 short days,  I can HONESTLY say no other person has influenced me more or made as much of an impact in my life than Monty did.  He is a hero to me in many many ways.  In "Hunting" and "Life".  I thank him for that!  I have heard him speak at a Professional Bowhunters Society banquet and the game dinner.  One could not be disappointed.  I feel honored and blessed to have the personal experience with Monty that I had.
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
Brad Farster, Kittanning, PA
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »
Ryan Steadman, Spanish Fork, UT
I have never met Monty, but am hoping to shake his hand this summer at Comptons. In a world where hunters might have a not so good name, his stands out as one who is humble and never changes his values for anything or anyone. Next to my father and sons, I think of him as a hero and someone who I would love to meet one day to say Thank You for all he has done for me through his example.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
Tony R. Lail Vale, NC

I cannot think of anyone who deserves to be in a Bowhunter Hall of Fame more than Monty Browning. He has all ways been willing to help the Carolina Traditional Archers at any time. He has spoken at several of our events and his actions have at all times proved beyond expectations. He is a humble man and could make a preacher laugh in church. He will take time to answer any questions that you may have and will share knowledge like no other that I have met. And Monty has done it the old fashioned way, on his own dime. Your list of inducttes will never be fully complete without Mr. Monty Browning.
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
I have read his articles in many magazines,for really impressed me is how tough and brave this man is always been.For sure he is been a guiding light in my trad bowhunting journey.Monty never promoted himself and is very humble in his greatness.
Felix Dazza,Italy.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »
Chuck Brake   Kingsport,TN.

Offline team fudd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »
Matt Cranmer, Dennison Ohio

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Randy Keene
Oglethorpe, Ga 31068

i heard Monty speak at a TBG banquet a few years back.  He was one of the most down to earth speakers i have ever heard. To my knowledge, he came to us free of charge.  He took the time afterwards to speak to everyone for as long as they needed to speak.
His articles in TBM speak volumes of his ethics.  He is the kind of person i would want to share a camp with.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »
Harold Lewis
Cocoa, Florida 32922

Spent some time with Monty 2 years ago. He spoke at a TBOF banquet, and gave talks on African game and arrow weights during the weekend. His experience and insight on Bowhunting are amazing. The man is a walking encyclopedia of bowhunting and ethics.
I have seen the effects of his talks on quite a few people. I know of 5 hunters that probably never would have hunted Africa if not for Monty's speech inspiring them to find a way to make it happen.

Online DGW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »
Daniel Willems
Windom, Ks. 67491

I have enjoyed reading his many stories.
 Good luck with this.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
Michael W. Bolin
West Terre Haute, IN
I have had the pleasure of hearing Mr. Browning speak on two occasions. I was not just entertained, I was was enthralled! Mr. Browning has the ability to share a story in a way that makes you feel like you are actually there hunting with him. You can feel the breeze in your face, smell the campfire.....your heart starts to race as he speaks about preparing for the shot! Both times I have heard him speak, I left with a feeling of exhilaration, even exhaustion as if I had made the stalk and the shot myself.
Mr. Browning's seminars and articles have always inspired me to "want" to hunt more, hunt harder and hunt "better". To be not only an ethical hunter, but also a more ethical human being and a better man.
In short, I can think of no better man to be inducted into the National Bowhunter Hall of Fame. In my mind, he is already there!

Respectfully submitted, Michael W. Bolin
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
Michael Davenport
Macedonia, IL

How can you have a hall of fame for bowhunters and not include Mr Browning? Having read many of his stories you know 2 things right off the bat: 1. He is as dedicated to this sport as anyone
2. He has an ability to convey that passion through both the spoken and written word.

I have to believe that others before him ie Art Young, Saxton Pope, Will Compton, Howard Hill, Fred Bear et all would welcome him into their club with open arms and might be a little jealous that he killed a  brown bear at 12 feet with his longbow! Mr. Bear might also grin to know that Monty nearly ran him over with his car once too.

Mr Browning deserves this honor. He has captured the imagination of this bowhunter through his writing and speaking, and having been exposed to his experiences has made me appreciate the sport we love even more.
Mike Davenport

Offline rkelly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
Richard Kelly Iowa

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »
Michael Gerard, Hesperia, Mi
I have found Monty's writings to be informative and inspiring. His hunting exploits and ethical behavior set standards that all archers should aspire to meet. I enjoyed Monty's presentation at the Kalamazoo Traditional Expo. In person, or on the written page, Monty delivers the message that should see him included in the Hall of Fame.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »
Mike Gerardi, Ohio

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
Tim Jones,New Jersey
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »
Kevin Winkler, Monroe, WI

I can't think of anyone that would be more deserving than Monty. I have always admired his prowess as a bowhunter and am looking forward to meeting him at Compton this year.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
Pat Norris / Colorado

I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Browning and listen to him speak at a couple of different bowhunting organization gaterings over the years.
 Always a true gentelman and a great ambassador for our sport.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©