3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: M. Browning. Bowhunter Hall of Fame. Help!  (Read 986 times)

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: M. Browning. Bowhunter Hall of Fame. Help!
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »
Charlie Goodman, Manchester, KY

Monty Browning has had a very profound and positive impact on Bow hunting. This is evident from his hunting adventures and his speaking engagements. Monty is a First Class Traditional Bow hunter; who is very deserving of a spot in the Hall Of Fame.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
That is great guys...keep it coming....of coarse i will give Monty a copy of all the nice things ya'll are saying...he will be floored...
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
Bernie Bjorklund
Nora Springs, Iowa

I love reading his material!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »
Joe Lasch
Lake Mills, WI

Monty Browning exemplifies what bowhunters dream about.  He is not one who got where he is by being supported and endorsed by companies, but rather has put in his own hard earned money to fund his hunts, just like the vast majority of bowhunters have to do.  He hunts on his own, using his own wits, and has achevied success guided hunters could only dream about.

To read Monty's writings, and to listen to him speak is to be transported into our own dreams, and we long to follow in his footsteps someday.  He truly deserves to be listed among the best of the best.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
Emmanuel Manny Chouraki
Montreal, Canada
A genuine bowhunter for sure!
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
My favorite bow hunter of all time and the one I admire the most.  Wish I would have had the guts to introduce myself to him when I was in the same room but I was too star struck.

Julian Tisdale
Charleston, SC

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »
David Sisamis, Ohio

Mr. Browning is a constant contributor to the bow hunting community.  From magazine articles to public speaking at banquets and events.  He spreads wisdom and shares a wealth of knowledge to others in an unselfish manner.  We are all always learning from nature while hunting or just observing.  It is a constant learning process that keeps me humble.

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
Monty is the epitome of the classic bowhunter. He lives bowhunting and has worked very hard to support his adventures. He has shown what can be accomplished when you really put everything into it. Not only his hunting exploits but his willingness to speak at banquets in his entertaining and funny way make him more than eligible. Sometimes I do question his sanity though.   ;)
Bill Kissner
Wayne City,IL
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »
Jay Bjorklund
Westby, WI

Monty Browning has been a great ambassador to the sport we love and is deserving of a place in the Hall of Fame.

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Barry Wensel
Iowa

With great morals, ethics, a spiritually sound Christian, family man whose honesty and skills as a bowhunter are rightfully deserving of this honor. They don't come any better than Monty Browning.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
Ron Waldron, Tribes Hill N.Y....Have heard him speak, have read his stories, and believe he is very deserving.......   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
Jon Simoneau.
Monty was one of the guys that inspired me to make my first trip to Africa. He gave me a lot of good tips on how a guy with no money could make it happen!  Monty makes "celebrity" tv hunters look like fools. And Monty is always talking about how much he loves his wife. He is a true modern day bowhunting hero.

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
Ethan Rodrigue,  Pikeville, Tn

I had the good fortune to have hosted both Mr. Monty and Mrs. Annie at one of our banquets.  He was a fabulous speaker but more importantly I got to spend some one on one time with this great man.  He would definatley laugh at all this, but I to can think of no other person more deserving.  Mr. Monty has been an ambassador for bowhunting to many people all around the world.  He is his own man and has done things his way without the influence or pressure of outside "sponsors".    

He is the perfect example of a true southern gentleman and you'll not ever meet a more humble, genuine, all around good Christian man.  I believe Mr. Monty was cut from the same cloth as men like Fred Bear, Glenn St. Charles, Art Young, and the Thompson Brothers.    

I am proud to call him my friend.

Ethan Rodrigue

Offline mongoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 09:15:00 PM »
George Miracle, Pineville, Ky..Captivating speaker, story teller and a dedicated promoter of our way of life.
stalk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
Monty Browning- Down to earth, hard working, God fearing man, Family man, Ethical bowhunter, Great writer, and and inspiration to be around.  I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Browning on several occasions.  He is always ready to share his passion for bowhunting and traditional archery with all.  He has inspired me as well as I know others on finding a more ethical heavy arrow for bowhunting.  There unfortunatly are few who can captivate a group of people as Mr. Browning can.  He has demonstrated not only through his writing, lectures but with personal contact how a hard working and dedicated person can achieve his goals as long as he applies him/herself.  Mr. Browning is an example to the Tradition, Legacy of archery and bowhunting, as well as a credit to his country and community.

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
Ray Dean Jr  Phx , AZ
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
David Camp
Richland, Washington

What seems a long time ago I corresponded with Mr. Browning when I was building some solid fiberglass hunting arrows in La Grande, OR.  I had read one of his TBM articles and was interested in some of the particulars of his arrow recipe.  A couple years after that I finally had the chance to see one of his presentations and met him at a banquet in the Boise area.  He definitely was inspiring, engaging, and yet so humble.

He is highly deserving of this recognition for his contributions to  bowhunting and keeping the arch in archery!

Shoot straight, David Camp
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Denny Krupiczewicz
Hudsonville, Michigan 49426

Monty Browning in addition to all the members of the National Bowhunter Hall of Fame are the standard of excellence and the passion we all pursue.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
Daniel Novotny
Imperial, Missouri

I have had the pleasure ofm hearing Monty speak several times. He is the most enthralling speaker I haver ever heard. His bowhunting achievements are to be marveled at by most of us. He has spoken at our United Bowhunters of Missouri banquet a couple times, the most recent being this past Feb. I have gotten to talk with him a bit and he is just a wonderful, humble southern gentleman that loves his wife and God. I don't think they come any better than Monty. He told us a story of moose hunting in Alaska by himself for 10 days with the most harrowing river ride out to be believed. If anyone belongs in the bowhunter hall of fame, Monty is the one.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
Don Batten
New Bern, NC
I never met Monty but, read a ton of stuff he's written. And listened to stories about him told by folks that I look up to and admire.  Also I figure that anyone who can eat Cory Mattson's cooking should get recognized for something. LOL
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©