3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: M. Browning. Bowhunter Hall of Fame. Help!  (Read 984 times)

Online Lucas K

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: M. Browning. Bowhunter Hall of Fame. Help!
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »
Lucas Kent

Jewell KS.
Lucas Kent

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
ttt   let's keep this going
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2012, 08:14:00 AM »
Jack Denbow
Bluemont, Va.
Monty is the bowhunters bowhunter. They don't come any better than Monty Browning in all respects.
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
I have listened to and read Monty's words for years. When ever we meet at a bowhunter's banquet, his wife is at his side. He has found that ballance between personal and bowhunting life. I know he is working on his own bowhunting book, but I was quite humbled to have him ask about my own. He lacks the arrogance of other "celebraties," and has always maintained a youthful enthusiasim for bowhunting. He is a rare breed of man that makes the people he meets feel special.

Mike Mitten
Beach Park, Illinois

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
I have been fortunate enough to see Monty Speak on two occasions. The first time I was just a young kid. I must have asked him a 100 questions about hunting big game and he never once tunred me away. In his writing you hear his genuine spirit and in his voice you feel his passion. He is a true ambasador and well deserving of the honor.

Randy Burtis
Cheyenne WY
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
I met Monty several years ago and have had the opportunity to hear him speak on 2 or 3 other occasions at events.He is a very humble man who has been able to travel to places and take part in hunts I can only dream about while at the same time maintaining a balance in his family life and  running a small tree cutting business.A very entertaining speaker and also a great writer.Some of his stories and the situations he has been in will make the hair on your head stand up.I certainly hope he does that "coffee table" book he was wanting to do.Monty is about living the experiences in his travels and his hunts.Its not about money at all.We are very fortunate to have such a humble God-fearing man in the bow hunting community that is willing to share his stories and experiences with us in live stories as well as the written word.He is very deserving of being inducted into the National Bowhunter Hall of Fame.Truly a great representative for our sport.
 David Cornett
 London,Ky.
Bear Grizzly 58"        38 lbs@29"
Black Widow PCH III 60" 44 lb@29"
Black Widow PLX 62"     45 lb@28"
Kentuckian Flatbow  60" 55 lb@28"

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
More than deserving.  I have heard him speak and read his work for a lot of years.  Never selling anything more than adventure, hard work and family.

Nathan Yazel
Rushville, IN

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
Michael Langehans

Beaufort,S.C.
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »
Met Monty once myself....I was always enthralled when reading accounts of his practice and hunt of cape buffalo few years ago..... he is the real deal.
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »
John Carnahan

Middletown MD
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
Michael Fritzenschaft
Merryville,LA
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
Ray Hammond
Woodstock GA

From helping us get Traditional Bowhunters of GA going, to unselfishly speaking before a myriad of groups, inspirational storytelling, and champion of fair chase and solo hunting, and just being a great human being, Monty would be a great choice for Hall of Fame status
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
Damon Wood

Colorado Springs, CO

Absolutely love his writing throughout the years. A truly down-to-earth man with a passion we here all share.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
Mike Mitchum
Winder, GA
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »
Adam Gehrke
Bayfield, Co 81122

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2012, 12:52:00 AM »
I am honored to call Monty "friend", and he is certainly a role model for all bowhunters to follow.   Monty's accomplishments go far beyond his bowhunting exploits, his unselfish "giving" of his time to so many fundraisers both in and out of the bowhunting community, or his wonderful writing style.   He is first and foremost dedicated to his wife, and a role model for the human race, in my eyes....and an "everymans" bowhunting hero.  He has certainly walked with the best of us, and chased the most coveted of trophy animals...and met them on his terms, with simple stick and string.   There are few more deserving of this honor, than Monty Browning.   - Mark Baker, Livingston, MT
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2012, 06:14:00 AM »
Kevin Dill, Jackson, OH

I've spent my share of time laughing at Monty Browning stories (Stupid Hurts!) and conversing with him. We've shared stories and compared notes on many topics. You'll walk many difficult miles before...if...you ever meet another man of Monty's abilities and convictions. I don't think the word "ego" is in his vocabulary, at least when it comes to self-descriptions. The Gentleman Bowhunter to all he meets...The Consummate Bowhunter in the woods.

I've also been fortunate to spend some 'real' time with Monty in Alaska. I've seen him in action there, and shared several campfires. Our friendship is a priceless thing, and I'm looking forward to the next time we stand in a river together.

You can bet that Monty B is Hall Of Fame in my book of great outdoorsmen...not just bowhunters.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
Robert Carter
Ga.
  I heard Mr. Browning speak at a TBG gathering and have really enjoyed his writings. I think an article written by him about a long trip on a Northern River by himself is one of the best articles I`ve ever read. It has fueled many dreams for me .A Fella that lives Bowhunting like he does should be in the Hall of Fame.RC

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
All I can say is I agree with what has already been written.  Monty Browning is indeed a very inspirational man. His dedication to ethical bow hunting, and drive to help better our hunting life through written and verbal stories indeed make him hall of fame material.
Bill Dunn
Williamsburg Ohio

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
Jerome Bauman

Missouri

I met Mr. Browning at the UBM and realy enjoyed his stories
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©