3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: M. Browning. Bowhunter Hall of Fame. Help!  (Read 981 times)

Offline REM

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Rick's Traditional Bowstrings
    • Rick's Traditional Bowstrings
Re: M. Browning. Bowhunter Hall of Fame. Help!
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
I met Monty six years ago at the Appling Bowhunter Festival. He attends the event every year and spends the entire weekend teaching kids how to make pvc bows and how to shoot. He also came to my church to speak at our sportsman banquet several years ago. Monty is a great guy and a friend.
Rick McKinney
Greer, SC

Offline Wild Willie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
I have had the pleasure of sitting and talking with Monty on several occasions and I think he is truly deserving of being inductedinto the hall of fame.
Billy Hudson
Elberton,Ga.
Billy

Online Cory Mattson

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2012, 09:20:00 AM »
Monty Browning should definately be inducted into the Bowhunter Hall of Fame. Dedication, years, service to the bowhunting community are all there and well documented. Monty is 100% true in the sense of being a dedicated traditional bowhunter as well as a solid faithful husband and a real friend. Monty has also set the example that you can lead an extraordinary life with ordinary means. HE HAS DONE IT! Monty you are my "Brother in Christ" as well as "my brother of the bow" and I look forward to sharing many more campfires with you.
Cory Mattson<><
<-------------<<<<<<<
Sanford NC
Savannah River Bow Zone - Trad only Bowhunting Clubs and Camps

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
John Langley, Vancleave, MS

Have never met Mr. Browning in person, but have walked just behind him while climbing many mountains, or strapping into a tree stand in an early morning fog.  It seems that there has been many time that i’ve felt the sweat roll down my face without understanding why while simply reading another Monty Browning high adventure. Others have mentioned the wild hunt on the river, and how it thrill them, but somehow again I was there, experienced the bluff charges of the bear felt the hair rise on the back of my neck and the relief when Monty stood his ground and she turned back. From heavy long bows to his make it happen convictions surely Mr. Browning fits the mode of those that have gone before him and will surely lead others to follow.  From the testimonies of those that have already written I have sensed the strength of this humble man, the underlying strength, a man that fears God and loves family will surely be guided in all of life.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Online Sant-Ravenhill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Brett D. Allen
Fairfield, Montana

I have never met Monty. I have loved his stories and more importantly he is known for his honesty, generosity and integrity. I don't think there is a better candidate out there.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
Back TTT for an outstanding Bowhunter and individual.

Offline 3arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
Monty was the best mailman i ever met and a very funny speaker as well.Easy for the average bowhunter to relate with.
Believe in nothing,fall for anything

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
Don Moffatt

Hale, Michigan

I sat in on a seminar that Monty put on at the Kalamazoo Expo. If he ain`t a Hall of Fame bowhunter, then I sure don`t know what it will take!

Offline DakotaPBSReg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
Monty is truly deserving of this honer, I have been fortunate enough to meet him, hear him speak and as most of us read his exploits. Always respectful, polite and humble...

Steve Griffith, PBS REG
Brandon SD

Offline kcbrown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
I heard Monty for the first time at Cloverdale in 2006 and found him to be a captivating speaker. This year at the KyTradfest I was honored to have him as a supper guest at my camper and got to spend the rest of the Friday evening really getting to know the man. He spent all day Saturday at the shoot and even waited till after the UK vs UL national semifinal basketball game was over to do his talk. He is genuine and never fails to give thanks and praise to Jesus. He has done all the things most of us dream about when it comes to bowhunting and I look foward to someday sharing a campfire with him again. He is very deserving to be in the hall of fame

Kevin Brown
Irvington Kentucky
She said " did you see that?" He said "Of course!!!" She said " Why did you step in it then?"

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
Mr. Browning is simply the best. I was able to meet him and will never forget the kindness he expressed to a rank beginner. If he fails to be inducted, then something is wrong with the system.

Bill Carty
Georgia/ Baghdad, Iraq.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
Bryan Burkhardt – Clarkston, Michigan

What is the best way to describe Monty Browning?  

Bowhunter of Dangerous Game – Certainly, this is a passion for Monty and a trademark of sorts.  Whether it’s slipping an arrow through the overlapping ribs of a cape buffalo at 10 yards or killing his world record brown bear at 27 feet…the more dangerous the hunt, the more Monty enjoys it.  Monty thrives on bowhunts that the average bowhunter wouldn’t even consider.  Spending an entire month in the remote Alaskan wilderness brings solitude and comfort to Monty.

Unselfish Mentor – Monty is willing to spend countless hours of his personal time to speak at various bowhunting / charitable functions.  He is extremely generous and is always willing to give back to help preserve bowhunting or support a worthwhile cause.  Monty was instrumental in helping me fulfill my dream of going on my first unguided Alaskan moose hunt.  I will be forever grateful for his unselfish gesture.

Committed Husband – You don’t talk to Monty long before hearing about his wife Annie.  She is his soul-mate through and through.  

Child of God - Monty has some impressive accomplishments as a bowhunter but all of them pale in comparison to what is most important to this man.  Monty isn’t shy about talking about his faith and I admire him for his convictions.

I’ve been fortunate to share campfires and stories with Monty in Alaska and I can’t wait for our next river-side reunion!  Is Monty Browning “Bowhunter Hall of Fame” material?  Absolutely…that’s my buddy!!
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Offline John Stockman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 07:10:00 AM »
Monty came to Virginia on four different occasions to speak to bowhunting organizations. He was well received at all events. As mentioned by others above, he charged no fee.  I was fortunate enough to have him as my house guest on two of those visits and was impressed with his humble behavior.  In addition to being an entertaining speaker, he is an execllent writer.  His hunting exploits are legendary.  I can't think of a better ambassador for bowhunting.
John Stockman

Offline Shortlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
Bobby Parrott
Knoxville, TN

I have never met Mr. Browning but I have dreamed of adventures like the ones he has been kind enough to share with all of us through his writing and speaking endeavors. His accomplishments are achieved through his own dedication and desires, not funded by advertisers or gadget vendors. He is living proof that a man can experience the adventures he dreams of and craves through dedication and preserverance. The recommendations of those who know him speak loudly of his character and faith. To not include Mr. Browning in a bowhunting hall of fame would make me wonder if it was truly a bowhunting hall of fame.
Ask me about the Professional Bowhunters Society.
Bobby Parrott

Offline Bowana

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
I can think of no one more deserving of this honor than Monty Browning. Every time I see him he treats me like im his best friend in the world. A family man who always puts God first. The man lives bowhunting. If he dont make it in there, no one should.

Jeff Algood
Elberton, GA

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
Terry Green.....Calhoun GA....   :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
Craig Schoneberg - Grand Island, NE
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
Met him and listened to him speak at the NYB banquet once and was extremely impressed by him as not only a hunter, but as a person...

Curt Cabrera.... Marlboro, NY
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Steve Leffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Monty is the real deal.  A true gentleman and outstanding bow hunter.    He is absolutely qualified and deserving of selection to the Hall of Fame.

Steve Leffler
Hinesburg, VT

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
Jeff Wilcox - Greenville, MI

I have had the honor of hearing Monty speak and the priveledge of speaking with Mr. Browning on several different occasions.  He is one of the most humble gentleman I have ever met as well as an outstanding bow hunter and God fearing men of our day.  I would be total  surprised and completely disappointed if Monty wasn’t in the Bow Hunters Hall of Fame.  Monty gets my vote for sure!
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©