3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bob Lee Bow's?  (Read 311 times)

Offline Hunter74

• Trad Bowhunter
Bob Lee Bow's?
« on: May 01, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
So I'm still fairly new to this traditional stuff... But I'm loving it!

Anyways I have a couple recurves that I been shooting and eventually I would like to order a custom bow made just how I want it...

Now I have a couple in mind like a Black Widow... I love the looks of em... However I was reading a couple articles that were really praising Bob Lee bow's especially the new Ultimate... Who has some experience with this bow or any of Bob Lee's bows and what's your opinions on em??

Thanks gang

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob Lee Bow's?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »
You will not be disapointed with Lee Bows.  They are quiet, fast and accurate.  He will also make the grip just the way you want it.  I live near him so I was able to be there when my grip was made and it was a real custom fit.
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »
Not counting animals, and that varies, I don't think I actually own anything that I like more than my bows ... and that's going to hurt some double barrels' feelings.
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline tradarcher4fun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
Just received my Bob Lee Signature recurve take down.  I got into archery about a year ago.   the Bob Lee bow is Super Quiet and smooth.  I worked with JJ on matching bow to my style.  JJ was very helpful and knowledgeable.
Bob Lee Elite Classic
Stewart Slammers & Reflex/ Deflex
Toelke Pika

Offline Hunter74

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
Thanks for the input so far gang... I know I would love to try one and hopefully I get to somehow... That new Ultimate really has my interest but at almost $1500 I would have to know its worth it before ordering

Offline tradarcher4fun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
Give JJ a call.   They will take the bow back if you are not satisfied.  I had the same concern as I never shot a Bob Lee bow.  For the past year I have been shooting Martin recurves.   JJ told me he will take the bow back if it did not feel right.  I think they reference this on their website.
Bob Lee Elite Classic
Stewart Slammers & Reflex/ Deflex
Toelke Pika

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 01:45:00 AM »
I have the new heavyweight model and a new envy model. I got one long bow and one recurve but both my risers are the recurve riser. I like the feel of the recurve risers plus they are a little heavier which I like a little heavier bow. Both shoot awesome as long as I do my part, JJ is awesome he sent me pics of bows just so I knew what I wanted and what I didnt like, I talked to him a couple times and he is tops in my book. The bows were built earlier than expected and they look awesome. I couldnt of been happier, I just put two great northern quivers on them and they really look sweet now, with the black hoods and the bob lee logo on them.  Just call JJ you wont be disappointed
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline bk_tradguy88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 04:22:00 AM »
I have the new Ultimate, and that bow will be hard for anyone to surpass in my book. I abaolutely love this bow!!! I have shot a lot of their models and already owned another. the ultimate is just what the name says, the "ultimate" recurve that I'm not sure could be improved. Worth every penny i spent on it. I just ordered a set of longbow limbs last week fpr the chester shoot. I'm a Widow fan too, but after this bow I just sold one of my widows and am selling the other as well. And Rob and JJ will gladly answer any questions you have. I love to go to their shop and am heading back in about a week.
B

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 05:55:00 AM »
I love my Bob Lee's, pretty much all I shoot  :thumbsup:
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 06:07:00 AM »
I have a one piece Hunter, Bob Lee makes great bows well built fast and great service. Bob Lee is a living legend.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »
Best bow on the market in my opinion. I had a chance to shoot the ultimate and heavy weight at Kzoo this year. I have 2 bob lees, and a handful of others. Seriously thinking about purging the inventory to buy an ultimate...

Offline Old Chief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
Just give them a call.  Both Rob and JJ are great people to work with and can answer all of your questions or concerns.

Offline rkelly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »
BoB  Lee all the way

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »
Either will get the job done. They are both top end bows.

Personally, my main hunting bow is a Bob Lee and I find it exceptional.

Offline Chuck from Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
I saw a guy win the Oklahoma state championship with a Bob Lee stick a few years back.
Chuck

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »
I tried a Widow some years back on their "loaner" program.  It was nice, but I was underimpressed and sent it back.  I do own 2 Bob Lees though, and would not hesitate to buy another one.  Great bows!
Mike

Offline White Falcon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
B.L. long bow

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
I have the classic elite all babinga. The best shooting bow i have owned. Very stable, smooth and fast. An all around great bow.  :thumbsup:
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 07:10:00 PM »
I love my Bob Lee 'short riser' takedown longbow. It's all I shoot anymore. As for Black Widow or Bob Lee....you'll be VERY happy with either. They've both been around for a LONG time and customer service with either is GREAT.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 09:06:00 PM »
I have three Bob Lees with all kinds of limbs but my go-to is like Danny(sswv) short riser with 60" longbow limbs sweet and smooth.I have had other bows but none were any faster or shot better so I stayed with my Lees.Kip

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©