3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Detroit Archers  (Read 181 times)

Offline kshunter55

• Trad Bowhunter
Detroit Archers
« on: May 03, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
Hey i'm here in Bloomfield MI, close to Detroit.  As luck would have it Detroit Archers range is right across the street.  It's the club Fred Bear was president of.  Wondering if anyone knows about it or shoot there.
"The more you put into something, the more you get out of it"  Rick "Rooster" Dirks

Andy Dirks

Online Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Detroit Archers
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
I used to shoot there some when I lived in the metro area.  It is a great course and the club has a wonderful history.  I am amazed the club has survived in the neighborhood it is in.  That property has to worth a ridiculous amount of money and I am sure the neighbors are not easy to deal with.

D.P.

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »
I was a member there back in the 70's.  Shot a ton in their indoor leagues and there out door field courses.  I used to really like the african safari shoot they would have too.
John
habujohn

Offline DGW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
Andy, I wish I could make it up there and shoot a round or two with you. There has to be a lot of good mojo at that club.   Dan

Offline Houska

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Just this morning I was listening to a CD of Fred Bear talking around a campfire. He mentioned this club and I wondered if it is still around. Good to to see it is.

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »
If I lived across the street from D.A. I'd absolutely be a member.  However, I live MUCH closer to the Oakland County Sportsmen's Club which probably has the best indoor and outdoor ranges in southeast Michigan. Join D.A. and try our ranges too.  No reason you have to limit yourself to one club!!
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©