3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Hospital  (Read 155 times)

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bow Hospital
« on: May 04, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
Sent a '68 SK to John shortly after he took over from Whip. This bow was ugly by anybody's standards, serious stress and sight holes that made the Grand Canyon look small. The bow was described by the previous owner as "fair" which was very generous. The overlays on the back of the riser looked like they had been sitting in a flooded barn with the stress and crazing prominent.
 I've ventured into the refinishing field but this bow was way beyond my capabilities. Thankfully, John thought he could revive the bow to close to its original glory. He exceeded my expections by a long shot. We decided on a satin finish as glossy is not my cup of tea. Hopefully I can get some pics up of before and after to give a better idea of this bows new life.
  Anyway, my hats off to John Rafferty and the Bow Hospital. If anyone has any idea of sending a bow to him you shouldn't hesitate. Good work and reasonable pricing. Thank you John-very pleased!
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Hospital
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
Good to know!!! Thanks for the info!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
What is John's contact information?  I bought a 1962 Kodiak from Bearbowman in Sep and when I received it is had a crack in the handle.  I did not notice it right away so I could not do a claim.  Thanks.  Ken

Offline Michigan Mark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
...Mark

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »
I'm looking forward to his St Jude refinish....biddy up!
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »
Good to know the bow hospital is in good hands.
James Kerr

Offline Atennishu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 12:23:00 AM »
Awesome, that is good information to know, I have a couple bows from the 50's that I have thought about having redone, but I am leary of sending them to just anyone
Boomer Sooner

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©