3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why is all this string coming out of my string tracker  (Read 832 times)

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
Why is all this string coming out of my string tracker
« on: May 06, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
1 pic then I have some chores to do and I'll be back with the rest of the story later.

doug77

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why is all this string coming out of my string tracker
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
Hehe looks good

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
Reel it in!!!

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
:campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
Your overbowed?  :dunno:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »
Looking forward to this one !!!  :coffee:  

Bill

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
Ok I got to hunt Fri. AM but when I got to my spot the farmers cattle were in the timber, I've never seen his cattle in their. I got all set up and the turkey's were just coming across the field to the timber about 7:30 AM when the farmer and his son show up on their four wheelers to get the cows back into the pasture. I'm sure glasd I used a vacation day for that.

Sun. AM up at 2:15 AM for a 50 munite drive and the a 1/2 mile walk with a blind and all my gear, all set up at 5:00 AM and soon their are about 6-7 different toms talking from every direction.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
This is my first year using a string tracker because I had lost a turkey last year, my first one out a 5 with my bow and I felt quite sick about that. This year at the place wear I'm hunting instead of setting up on the edge of the feild I got a 30 yard circle about 60 yards into the timber that I've spent some time keeping the weeds knocked to to 6-8"tall and I'm set up on the edge of that circle. For 3 hours this AM those tom's never stoped gobbeling and finally about 8:30 their in the feild less than one hundres yards away, now remember I can't see them and they can't see my decoys because of the tree's, brush and weeds. Their all gobbleing real hard and I'm call back very loud and probaly to much.

I have an Avain Zink breeder hen and jake out in front of the blind the jake at 6 yards and the hen at 8. The tom's are going at it out in the feild and I look up and theirs a tom coming out of the weeds headed to my decoys, He went around the hen twice then went into full strut headed to the jake and finally gave me a good quarting away shot about 5 yards away. I made a good shot and he was gone but I coud see the brodhead sticking out his side.

He went about 20 yards toward the creek and was splashing in the water and came up the bank with no arrow in him and the string not going out any more. He made it about anouther 40 yds going real slow and then I could see him flopping and and then he was done.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :archer2:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
Now I'm watching this bird flop around for a few minutes and finally he still, but the toms are still going crazy out in the feild and my turkey is about 70 yds away in knee high grass & weeds and I do not want to loose another bird. Finally after 40 minutes the other turkeys are gone and I think my bird is dead I head out to get him. So I'm rushing to the my turkey and I get about 15 yda away and look up and he's floppin and tring to run and goes 30 - 40 yds and is down again and I'm now moving as fast as I can to get another arrow ready and move up and I get close enough and he's up again but this time I get a shot off and it's all over and I can't get up to him soon enough.

OK I got my bird, now I'll tell you what I think happened. When the turkey ran into the creek it is full of downed trees and the string must have got hung up and pulled the wood arrow out backwards. The string was not broke. How that happened is beond me, you would think the arrow would have broke in two. My shot was a little far back and I completaly destroyed the liver and just put a small cut on one lung. But he left a blood trail and good as some deer I've shot.

It was a great hunt and my best turkey to date. He weighed just 24 LBS on a bathroom scale ( for what thats worth) had 9 3/4 inch beard and 1 inch spures. I'm sticking with the string tracker though as carzy stuff happend while were hunting and can see a very postive thing by have one.

Thanks

doug77

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
That's a nice gobbler. Great job
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »
Congratulations on a really neat hunt!
-Jay

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
great job!!!!!

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »
Great looking bird and Congratulations!  BUT, I doubt that bird weighed 24 pounds. If your bathroom scale is like mine it lies and lies way heavier than I think it should!!! LOL
Glenn

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
Glad you got your bird.  I believe turkeys are tougher than people sometime think.  Anyway, congrats on the nice gobbler.

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
Congrats!

Bisch

Online Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
And with a bow almost as old as you...   :D

Great job Dougie Fresh!

Offline PICKNGRIN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
Congratulations Doug!  The gobblers aren't cooperating for me over here in the northwestern part of the state.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
Ya Steve O it's hard to beleive you kill a turkey with a 1964 Bear Kodiak and a file sharpened 1964 Bear Razorhead.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Nice bird...enjoyed the story and pics.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©