3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Value of a few old bows  (Read 291 times)

Offline Stan Siatkowski

• Trad Bowhunter
Value of a few old bows
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:10:00 AM »
My club has recently lost 2 older members and their families donated some of their bows. I've been asked to find out if there is any value to them, so they can decide if they want to try to sell them or use them as wallhangers. These aren't mine to sell, so I'm not listing them in the classifieds. Opinions would be appreciated.

Browning Backpacker I 55#, riser in decent shape, limbs are straight but need refinishing - they have that cross-cracking in the finish that you see on a lot of old bows. Nice shooter.

Ben Pearson Signature 7330 50#, pretty poor condition, dinged up and long straight cracks in the limb. Can't tell if the crack is in the finish or in the glass. Takedown mechanism is secure and in good condition. Haven't strung it yet.

Seefab Tiger, no info on the weight, condition looks OK unstrung.

2 Home-made copies of '60s Hoyt PM, great condition, 66"/40# - made by a good friend of Earl Hoyt who showed him some of his own manufacturing techniques.

I'm not expecting much, considering the condition, but would people be interested in these? Again, not for sale, just seeing if they're worth putting on the market.

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Value of a few old bows
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 06:39:00 AM »
Look on the auction site.  Just do a search for your particular bows and see if anyone has one for sale and what it's going for.  Seeing what people are actually paying for something is a whole lot more accurate estimate of value than someone's guess at what it's worth!
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Value of a few old bows
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:14:00 AM »
This should also be posted in the Trad History and Collecting forum. I see some collector value in them, as well as further shooting in their careers.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©