3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tuned by string change  (Read 288 times)

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
Tuned by string change
« on: May 07, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
I couldn't get my blacktail( 54@27,62inch 3555 29in 175pnt 100grn insert footed w 2117) to tune with the D-97 strings,it always bare shafted a little more than slightly  weak but grouped well. I picked up a B50 string and with everything else the same(brace nock location ect) I started seeing great   :bigsmyl:  groups and bare shafts flying   :help:   less creep?
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline crandog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tuned by string change
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 03:21:00 AM »
I'm not savvy enough man.  But out of curiousity, why not back off on point weight or insert weight or move your silencers out a tad?

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
I have 4 bows that all shoot the same arrow set up only this one is a problem child( I know tune the arrow to the bow) just was wondering if B-55 or others might give the same forgiving arrow flight with out the creep?
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »
B-55 has slightly less creep, but it's not a big difference.  An overbuilt Dynaflight '97 might do the trick, and/or add heavy/extra silencers to the string you have.

Chad

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
Had a similar problem I picked up a Lil Hoots that had a skinny string on it and was getting bad arrow flight from arrows that should be flying good, changed to a D97 string built up the face plate a tad everything was good.....stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
I didn't even think of that...duhh...just build up the strike plate a little--great advice!

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
side plate works as does different strings, but you would be surprised what different types and sizes of silencers will do.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©