3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Scott Teaschner and Wyoming Wildlife Artistry Update!  (Read 792 times)

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
Scott Teaschner and Wyoming Wildlife Artistry Update!
« on: May 07, 2012, 10:11:00 PM »
I just wanted to take a few and let everyone know what has been going on in the last 2 months. Some of you know I went under the knife for shoulder surgery on February 28. I had been dealing with shoulder pain due to an unruly horse jerking my arm off during a shoeing. I had suffered for three years with nothing showing on the MRI. They finally went in and found I had partially torn my bicep tendon and I also had a few bone spurs that where fraying some other tendons. They fixed me up but it’s been rough.

I have been lying low and have not really posted much on TG. The main reason for this is I have had a difficult time dealing with being rendered useless. I have a very hard time saying no, and not being able to work has been hard on me. So I figured it best to disappear for a while. I had a few projects that I was unable to complete before surgery and these customers have been very understanding. I want to thank them for giving me a break. Your number one now that I am getting back on my feet.

I never had what I would call horrible pain from the surgery. I could not sit at the computer long or hold a phone to my face for I would cramp up. But it was not too bad never really took much pain meds. Therapy was going good also. But then last week I had about the worst so far. They gave me the ok to start doing some things and I think I over did it. I also tripped and grabbed the rail as I was going down the stairs with my bad arm which is my right and I am right handed. Any way you can imagine what that was like that was four days ago and I am just starting to feel better.

I was going to go to the PBS banquette which was two weeks after my surgery. My wife said I was crazy and the Doc was skeptical. Well I tell you what you’re a different person when you can’t even button your pants or cut your steak.  You know I like Barry Wensel and I get along great with Mike Mitten  and even Joe Lasch  was great having next to my booth at Denton Hill. But I still would not feel real comfortable asking them to button my paints or cut my steak! I am also sure the feeling would be mutual. So I missed out on a great time.

I had several things going before I got laid up. One was to get 3 under ring tabs and add layered tab to the lineup. They are coming and I know I said April but again I thought I would be further along. Wrong! I can’t swing the maul to knock them out so it will be a bit yet. I will post when they are ready.

I do have a Leather Top Quiver I was working on. It is a replica of the old Bear leather top that is even today so popular. I was hesitant to post pictures off it for fear of the interest it might spark but now that I am starting to feel better I can no longer hold back I have to show you guys so look for it I am very excited.

I will be offering Selway quivers with leather hoods. Gordy Mickens who owns Selway was kind enough to sell me the parts so I could add a leather hood. I will offer them with a plain hood and tooled. The plain hoods will be about the same price as what the original Selway’s sell for. Tooled ones obviously a little more. I will post pictures of these towards the end of the week.

I would also like to ask anyone who has one of my armguards or tabs if you could please go to the 3 Rivers website and post a review. 3 Rivers is doing well with my product. In fact I had to let them know I was going to be down for 10 weeks so they stocked up. 4 weeks later they sold out on most of the models. Randy Burtis gave me the first review thanks Rrandy! So if you guys get the chance I sure would appreciate it.

Again thanks to the few of you who have been patient and also thanks to everyone who has purchased from me. It means a bunch! I got about 3 more weeks before I can pull a bow back I can’t wait!  :bigsmyl:  

Thanks Scott Teaschner
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Scott Teaschner and Wyoming Wildlife Artistry Update!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
I'm glad your doing much better.  I'm always looking forward to seeing your creations.

Believe me, I know how healing sucks.  I'm starting my 3rd week of bed rest with no weight bearing on my foot/leg.  One more month till I can walk fully, then I'm getting my right side done right afterwards.  I can honestly say without a great woman, I don't think I could have made it.

Don't rush recovery, it's not worth the relapse.  In due time, you'll be right back in the swing of things like nothing ever happened.  Keep up the creative work.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
Get well and do your therapy religiously.  Glad to hear you're healing up.  I was looking forward to meeting you in Portland - maybe at another event.
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »
Get well and take care of that arm.
>>>------John------>

Offline trad_in_cali

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
PM sent. Take care!
Marco

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »
Keep up the good work Scott.  Don't rush it.

Offline DGW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
Take care of that shoulder Scott.
You do such great work with that leather!

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »
Thanks Guys!
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »
Glad to hear your doing better. I will be contacting you about a quiver soon.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 01:04:00 AM »
It's great to hear from you!  Take care buddy!

Aloha!
Ryan

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 03:06:00 AM »
Scott,i am glad to hear you are back full time and healing.Your projects look to be very interesting.I look forward to see the pics.
Good luck.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Maxx Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 03:17:00 AM »
Scott, just take care! The tendons will be fine ,just time and patience. All the best,Maxx.
Kwyk Styk 58" 55x28
Cari-bow 62"54@28
Thunder child 56" 53@27
Bigfoot Sasquatch SS ILF 60"@55#@27"

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 05:31:00 AM »
Glad to hear you're on the mend Scott.  Best of luck getting back into the thick of your business....sounds like your new offerings should sell really well.  Good Luck.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 05:52:00 AM »
All the best to you Scott  :)
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 07:17:00 AM »
Great to hear man!!! I know you have been having a tough time dealing with your hiatus just from our conversations off of TradGang. Sounds like you will be back to your normal routine soon enough. Don't rush it, we can all wait.   ;)

Offline Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »
Glad to hear your on the mend..!

Can't wait to see those new quivers.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline oldgoat

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 09:23:00 AM »
Hang in there Scott
Bob
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Geezer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »
Glad to hear you're doing better Scott.  I'll be up in August and hope to drop in and visit.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
RMEF / NWTF

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
Glad you are back!  I've had shoulder surgery too so I can relate to the "inconveniences".

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
Scott,

I am glad that you are back!!! I will continue to pray for you as you recover.

Charlie
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©