3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ultimate Longbow?  (Read 3398 times)

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
Re: Ultimate Longbow?
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by MTArrowLauncher:

Originally posted by Rob W.:
I was enjoying reading about everyones favorite bows. Some I had to look up because I had never even heard of. Sad that It got de-railed in such a manner. I see growth.

Rob
That is precisely why I asked the question. You get to hear about bows you never heard of before, and sometimes get to see pics of super nice bows, and gives you new boyers to look at and bows to admire. [/b]
then your thread would have been way better served if you postulated it thataway.  ya know, those ubiquitous "hey gang, what bow ya like best!" kinda threads.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline monsterbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
Zipper Sxt then a Big Jim Thunderchild. Im wanting to try the Zipper nitro. Good luck. God bless.
John 3:16  Whosoever Will

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
Once again, you are missing the point Rob. I did not ask what is THE best. I asked what is the best for others in THEIR opinion for THEM.  I was interested in what others like for the several reasons I posted above.

If that strikes you the wrong way........tough. If you don't like the thread you don't have to post in it and ruin it.

Several people enjoyed the thread and reading about people's favorite bows, so there is obviously a place for this thread.

And it may be a no brainer, but it's also irrelevant in this thread and I didn't say one way or the other about it.

Not sure why you and a couple others had to turn a perfectly enjoyable thread into a disaster.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »
I expected what most people did, answered with what to them was the ultimate LB
I like reading folks opinions of an ultimate bow. And things do get off topic.

I like growth, but rain creates growth, I guess.

How 'bout some sunshine on this thread   :wavey:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
Interested in some opinions. I know everyone has different likes, but I am curious.

What do you consider the ULTIMATE longbow and why?
Just to refresh, this was my original post

Nowhere does it say tell me what to buy, or what's the best ever or blah blah blah

It says I am interested in what others consider the ultimate longbow and why..... .........pretty simple I think

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bud B.:

I expected what most people did, answered with what to them was the ultimate LB
I like reading folks opinions of an ultimate bow. And things do get off topic.

I like growth, but rain creates growth, I guess.

How 'bout some sunshine on this thread    :wavey:  [/b]
You are right Bud,
Im done

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
I understood the original post. If someone doesn't agree with the thread, they don't need to involve themselves in it.

This is a fun thread nonetheless and interesting. Everyone DOES have a specific bow that they feel is the best for them, and that is the goal of this thread i believe; to find out WHAT that bow is and WHY it is that way for THAT person.

Gives the rest of us some bows to check out and say "Hey I never thought of that one before."

Just everyone remember:

"Expect to be respected if you decide to join the gang, because the rule of respect is held highest of the few rules that apply. Tradgang.com has a zero tolerance for disrespect directed to anyone. If you want to disagree, then please do so in an adult manner. Debate is healthy, as one sword sharpens another, but it must be done in an honorable fashion."

It's allllll good.    :cool:
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
Ok then I consider the ultimate longbow The Mohawk Sparrowhawk.Why? Very well made , reasonable price, very smooth drawing , very quiet on release ,very quick, and very easy to tune and shoot with accuracy. How's that?

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
Perfect     :thumbsup:

I'm glad you like it, I've heard good things about them    :archer2:

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
Great thread!

I have read so many valid opnions on what the "Ultimate Longbow" means to each individual.

It's a shame that some folks gotta add drama to a simple and fun thread. The world is full of whiners and complainers. I feel sorry for those folks.

For me, I have found that I have two ultimate styles of longbows. I love the Hill Style with a little R/D. And, the Scynthian or Mongloian style.  

Who'd a thunk that?

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
I'm slowly finding out what I like. Tradgang needs a bus that drives cross country stopping at members houses and shooting bows.
 I think after one trip I would have a pretty good idea what my ultimate is. Now if I could only get some time off.   :archer2:
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rob W.:
I'm slowly finding out what I like. Tradgang needs a bus that drives cross country stopping at members houses and shooting bows.
 I think after one trip I would have a pretty good idea what my ultimate is. Now if I could only get some time off.    :thumbsup:

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
I had a Robertson Mystical that I killed a few deer with that I could shoot very well. Like a dummy, I sold it. Best longbow I ever had...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline moththerlode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
I really like my Hummingbird Alpha male 64 in longbow. I have a Whippenstick thats growing on me also. The best ? doubtful, but the bird has stayed while many others went down the road.
God,Country and Family ..Semper Fi

Valley Springs Ca.

Offline ken denton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
I love to see what other bow shooters shoot, what ever you call a longbow. I can't get enough of reading and seeing photos of longbows.
This web site has brought a lot of us together, with our own opinions and that keeps us on our toes.
The ultimate longbow to me is Home-Made Osprey, because the first arrow I shoot out of it hits where I aim and speed is second to none. The handle fits me perfect and it just plain out shoots and is fun to shoot.
When I first started shooting in 1955, we had only a few books to read about Bow hunting and instructions on shooting, and now with Trad Gang we are blessed every day with data that teaches things we hunger for about bow hunting!
Great post! Ken Denton
"Arrows into the wind", What a wounderful sight!!!

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
I'd say. One you made yourself...

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Matty:
I'd say. One you made yourself...
Good one!
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline KSshrewman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »
While it might be considered a hybrid.....the shrew classic hunter is a fine longbow.
Shrew Classic Hunter
Javaman Elkheart
Javaman Helms Deep
Gill Snakey Self
Ben Pearson Colt
Swiftriver

PSALM 5:3  At Daybreak Lord,You Hear My Voice

Member "Kansas Coffey Club"

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
I like my Widow PLX . Good grip, smooth and forgiving.

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »
As i posted earlier, my ideas about bows that were at one time absolute, turn into pleasant surprises as I get my hands on more bows to try. My wife's Lost Creek NAT was a real shocker, 54" for her under 27" draw, as fast as a 53 pound Hill with the same arrow, smooth at my draw, accurate and it feels longer and way more solid and stable than one would ever think. Then, I bought a 41@28" 58" Maddog Prairie Predator for a kid, super smooth, deadly quiet, quick and forgiving. Makes me wonder how many animals it will kill in its lifetime.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©