3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cascade Archery New DVD!  (Read 2159 times)

Offline muley40

• Trad Bowhunter
Cascade Archery New DVD!
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
I just received the new DVD from Cascade Archery titled Pure Bowhunting, Steve and Fred out did them selfs, my personal opinion Bowhunting Reflections was one of the best bowhunting DVDs I ever viewed,and this one tops it.
Independent Bow Hunter

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cascade Archery New DVD!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
I loved the first one, so I will have to check this one out!!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
The words to describe this video are awesome. You get to go along with Steve Gorr, Fred Anderson and friends as they shoot 3-D targets and hunt some of the most beautiful places on earth. All of the hunts are fair chase and are filmed in places like Wyoming, Colorado, Canada, and Africa. You will be amazed by the scenery in Washington with it's trees, flora, and mountainous landscape. If you have seen Steve's Bowhunting Reflections, you know there is a bit of joking and humor. There is no exception in this one with all having a good time. While this video is packed with adventure there were two scenes that really stuck out to me. One is where you get to watch Steve stalk or should I say wade the river waist deep to slip within 15 yards of a 200 pound sleeping black bear. The other one will steal your heart as you watch 3 year old Bodie Turner pop balloons out of the air with a recurve that is half again as tall as he is. There are many adults that would be envious of the shooting form this little guy has developed. I think the title says it all. It is an hour and a half of Pure Bowhunting.

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
Good to see you posting again John.  We haven't heard from you for awhile.  This looks like a great DVD.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »
:thumbsup:

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
Man, was I excited to see this post!  I didn't know they had a new DVD out.  "Bowhunting Reflections" is definitely one of my favorite bowhunting videos.  

So I just ordered myself a copy of this one, too!
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!!  I really enjoyed Bowhunting Reflections.
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
Got mine in the mail yesterday but haven't had time to watch it yet.

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
Really looking forward to their second video. The first one is already one of the all-time classics.

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
I placed my order today after seeing this thread  :)
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline blacktailchaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
so what is being hunted in the dvd...i am kind of picky and hate to say it BUT i love blacktail and rosey hunting..is there any..john

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
Steve hunts black bear in Western Canada as well as pronghorn and mule deer in Wyoming anc Colorado.  He endures frigid conditions in NE Washington for a trophy whitetail, journeys to Africa for plains game, and stalks the ever elusive common carp.  There's also great footage of Roosevelt elk in the Olympic rain forests of Western WA.

Yes, seeing a 3 year old shoot balloons out of the air was something!
Lon Scott

Offline Stryder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
NE Wash whitetail and Roosevelt elk in the Olympics sounds great.  I'll have to place an order.
R.C. Chandler
[email protected]

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
I just finished watching it      :clapper:   not your typical wack'm and stack'm video. This plays like a walk stump'n with good friends with some hunting thrown in. Some beautiful scenery from the Pacific Northwest and other spots out west to make any Easterner yearn for the mountains and the assortment of game in the west .

Steve's killing of a few P&Y cow pies and taking a swim in a clear running river to cool down on a hot bear hunt all adds to the fun of a great traditional video. Don't forget to play it in slow motion to see Lon Scott's face when Fred Anderson snatches one of his arrows and shoots it off a REALLY tall bridge down into the river below     :biglaugh:    .
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
Thanks for the "trailer info" elkken!  :)  LOL!!!
In their first DVD they did a good job of swapping yarns, insults, and good shots....lots of fun!!
I can't wait for my new DVD to show up!!  :)
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
I just watched it for the second time. I really liked Steve stalking the bear that was sleeping on the other side of the river.

Offline creekwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
Thanks for the "heads-up". Reflections is my favorite vid and if this new one is better, then I can't wait.

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
I got my copy yesterday, so I had my evening planned for me by the postman. I'm not usually one to bother with hunting videos/shows because to me, my bowhunting is a very personal interaction with nature. But I do make an occassional exception for some trad-related footage. Guess it's the like-mindedness of the people involved.
I have to admit to enjoying this video also. It's evident that Fred Anderson, at whatever age he is, still enjoys shooting his bow, just like the rest of us. Forty plus years after my taking up archery, I'm still enthralled with the flight of an arrow. To watch the stumpshooting footage with Steve Gorr,Fred and friends,I can relate to that fun.
The animal footage is nice, with some over the shoulder footage of stalks included. And like Elkken said, a three year old popping airborne balloons was impressive.
 Being a deer hunter first and foremost, the whitetail and mulie hunting grabbed me the most. Not that I have anything against the elk or antelope footage, because they're beautiful animals. But the whitetails and mule deer bucks just strike me as special. I've already watched that part a couple times. It's a great video, as far as I'm concerned.

Offline 52Mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 11:29:00 PM »
Just to let the Trad Gang members know who ordered ( Pure Bowhunting ) and ( Bowhunting Reflections ) your two dvd's will be sent out Tuesday May 15 th. I am receiving shipment on Monday.
Steve

Offline awishanew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
I am not one to buy hunting videos but I have seen quite a few at moose and deer camps. I was not impressed to say the least. When I saw Bowhunter Reflections I realized this was something way different. It was far and away better than that canned manure. I bought the new Pure Bowhunting DVD and have watched it twice already. It must have been good as my wife sat and watched the whole thing and trust me that is a first.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©