3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cascade Archery New DVD!  (Read 2161 times)

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cascade Archery New DVD!
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
Hunting elk in the rut on the Olympic Peninsula is one adventure I would love, and getting to have Fred Anderson call for me would make it all the better.  

Hunting stories, tall tales, and practical jokes would only make the hunt with Fred more memorable, so that hunt has my vote.
Lon Scott

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
I had a box of theses to sell at the last few shows I went to. They sold rather well as the guys had seen Bowhunting Reflections and have been looking forward to the new production.
This is some good stuff to watch, Steve and his buddies know how to get it done.

Thank you Steve, for making the movies and also for the donation to St.Jude.
CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
TTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Longbowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2012, 12:26:00 AM »
Got my copy the other day.  Like the previous one it's a great video.
I find the older I get, the less I used to know!

Offline 52Mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
Two Tracks
      I sent you your special package yesterday. I am also sending a box of 15 DVD's Pure Bowhunting for your next show I will also include several Bowhunting Reflections. Thank you for your support. I have had several archers show me several bows that you built for them they drew smooth and the workmanship was outstanding, keep up the good work.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Thanks Steve, I will let you know when the package arrives. Thanks again.

Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
Great hunting video. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2012, 12:47:00 PM »
Finally got around to watching the second dvd, Pure Bowhunting! All I can say is "WOW"! Thought the first one was a cut above all the rest but Pure Bowhunting is truly where its at and what it is like to be a bowhunter back then, now, in the future and all of the time. Love the stump shooting shots plus the elk footage in the great NW. Oh and how about all those bucks within spitting distance of Ang and he can't figure out which one to shoot. My oh my to have those problems would be something special.

And again great videography-best I've seen-keep up the good work and looking forward to more from Steve and the gang. Thanks!
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
Great video eh Kelly? I have watched them both a number of times.
In fact, I just got another box of DVDs in from Steve today,just intime for the GLLI in a few weeks.

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Ian F

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
I recently obtained both of Steve Gorr's dvds and
thoroughly recommend these to traditional and all
bowhunters and archers of all ages. Whilst the
video photography result is exceptional and totally enjoyable...the essence of just shooting a bow for fun and accuracy is captured without
effort or staged. Steve and his mates really know how to shoot accurately while enjoying each other and testing ability. The result is pure traditional with the bowhunting, the best I have seen anywhere on video or dvd.

I am an Aussie with 54 years in bowhunting. Steve Gorr and Jim Dougherty were my mentors way back from the start of the 1970's. Steve was (and I believe, still is) one of the best traditional archers I have ever known. His shooting style is
crisp and brilliant...a perfect coaching example for those who are lucky enough to have these two  valuable dvds. The sequence on Elk as was all the hunting..top notch.

For those who read this and are too young to know
Steve or Jim Dougherty..do some research and you will find that in the 1970-80's both were featured in magazines world wide and legends in the sport. With the world market of bow makers   to choose from...Steve will have my Cascade bow ready to send in a couple of weeks. I will hunt Whitetail in Minnesota with it in September.

If you haven't got copies of his Dvds or experienced the superb craftsmanship of his Cascade bows then you have missed a truly unique American legend shooting and at work plus play.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
Ian, very well stated!   :thumbsup:  

Steve is still putting arrows in the "X" ring and several of us have been bugging him to do another video on shooting technique.   :biglaugh:
Lon Scott

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by Blackhawk:
Ian, very well stated!    :thumbsup:    

Steve is still putting arrows in the "X" ring and several of us have been bugging him to do another video on shooting technique.    :biglaugh:  
Yep and all that when he should be retired and enjoying the good life. Geez he's older than the hills!  :)   :biglaugh:
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »
Steve is too young at heart to retire. He is only 30 years older than me and he runs me into the ground. He never gets tired. When he met me for our whitetail hunt he left his house around 9 at night for a six hour drive and I woke him at 4:30 the next morning and he jumped right out of bed and never nodded off all day.

Offline deathwind

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Steve,  You out did yourself on this video. I just watched it for the second time and it's great. I loved the way you put fun back into archery and into bowhunting in both of your videos. I'm anxiously awaiting the next video!!!!

Bill

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
I was just going through a bunch of old 60's - 70's "Bow & Arrow" magazines, and was surprised to see that Steve Gorr was, indeed, writing a bunch of articles at the time.  Not that he is not qualified, I just didn't know about it.  

I don't know Steve or Fred personally, but I have found their videos to be excellent.  I have a bunch of trad videos (20+), and Bowhunting Reflections and Pure Bowhunting are among the few that I enjoy watching over and over and over again.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline deathwind

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
Steve was on the front cover of Bowhunter magazine back in the 70's. He wrote many articles for different magazines but the one that changed my shooting forever was in Bow&Arrow in 1978.In it Steve wrote to basically believe in your God given ability and to trust your eyes and mind to make the shot. I shot my first P&Y animal while hunting in Steve's antelope camp. I was so proud to have him there and to take the pictures for me. Steve has been one of my hero's for decades.

Offline 52Mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
Bill
     I am glad that you enjoyed the DVD. I still remember the film that your wife took of you putting that lung shot on that Buck antelope at 25 yards. That still is the best antelope harvest that I have ever seen on film. Hope you are still taking those nice whitetails.

Offline 52Mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2013, 01:18:00 AM »
I have had several request as to my archery booth set up this summer. I will be at the Port Angeles Trad shoot June 15 and 16.
The Longbow Safari broadhead shoot in BC.Canada the 4 th of July then Washington's Trad Rendezvous the first weekend  August 3 rd in Packwood. The last two shoots that I mentioned have had just over 350 bowmen the last two years. Hope to meet you there I will have DVD's available. I love shooting those 3 DS camping out is a must.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
My buddy and I had the unique privilege to have both Steve and Fred in our camp at Denton Hill (ETAR) for an evening walleye fry several years ago.  I have to tell you that it was an absolutely unforgettable evening! Two finer gentlemen you will not meet and they are such great ambassadors for our sport.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
David...I definitely agree!

When those two get together, it is "absolutely unforgettable".
Lon Scott

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©