3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Confused in CT  (Read 254 times)

Online TooManyHobbies

• Trad Bowhunter
Confused in CT
« on: May 09, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
I've never been a very mechanical guy. I haven't been shooting as much as I should be over the last few months, but now it's time to get going for Sept.
While shooting my Super Kodiak today, at 10 yards, I quickly realize my shots are 6-8" high. I shoot split finger. I decided to try to shoot three under. It felt more comfortable, and I was consistently accurate at that range with a field point. After a dozen shots or so, I wanted to try a Snuffer. All over the place. I switched back to split finger, and the Snuffer flew accurate. WTH?? I assume it's a tuning thing - or is it a form thing? Or both? Any ideas?
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Confused in CT
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
It's common to shoot high at close range.

I'm assuming this is all happening in the same day? I'm no expert but it seems to me going from split finger to three under and vice versa would take weeks to settle down.

If your field points and Snuffers are the same weight, I would save that problem for last and get everything else corralled first.
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©