3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Am I wrong, ....or is it Gloom n Doom?  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Am I wrong, ....or is it Gloom n Doom?
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »
I lost more money last year than any year I've been in business. If there isn't a change in Washington this fall, I may move to Mexico.

I'm out this year.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »
I'm new here so i don't have a clue what this auction is? Can someone point me in the right direction to learn about it??
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
I've been here for more than a few auctions. We've been blessed with some really incredible increases in both quality and quantity of offerings...and the bids have been nothing short of amazing!

For some number of years, personal situations have been such that most I could do was kick start a few items, then watch them sail right over the moon! Which is a great feeling given it's for the kids.

Otherwise, I've been limited to cheer leading and rebel rousing trying to keep all items front and center in their turn.

Some of the great fun items like pound cakes ended up raising so much money, but I kept seeing posts showing up all year here or there. I'm thinking there was a lot more than the proffered 12 total that went out.

That, with postage, has to be quite a drain on some who have not only bid high, but reached deep in what they've done.

Regardless, we do it for the kids, each to our own ability and that changes.

Wayne, I'm sorry for your setbacks, but you've stood tall a long time. I for one stand in awe of all you've done.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
Time are hard, trust me. In 17 years of dealing with people at the worst times in their lives, I have seen things getting worse and people getting more desperate.

But you know what,,,,, whatever we raise is a lot more than a whole lot of other "Gangs" are putting up for St. Judes. Chin up Terry, its all good and we'll do just fine. Thanks for all of the effort you have put into the auction since it has started, thank you all. For all of you folks on hard times, I wish you all the best. Keep the faith.

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
I agree with Izzy above. Chin up, more can be done in a confident state of mind. It has been discouraging as of late. I have been noticing that the last year in the classifieds have been less fun. Archery goods staying up for long time. Less creativity in trading, no enthusiasm in getting different bows.  At archery shoots no one really trying new bows or buying things, just feeling fortunate to get to there and shoot.  The Veteran's Elk hunt in Colorado that has been going for 4 years (on other site) now is showing signs of weakening. Great cause for returning Combat Vets but low participation may spell trouble.  
I will do my best to support the auction and thank you in advance for everyones effort in this cause.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
I'm lookin' forward to it for sure!  I donated some turkey feathers for this year.  Magnus is grinding them and will custom chop 'em too!  Can't wait to see how much they fetch for the kids.  Let's go fellas!

-Jeremy  :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
Most guys have already said what I am going to say -- the recession has hit my family hard this year, and it will get worse when my wife's unemployment runs out.

Biggie won't have to move to Mexico. If there isn't a change in Washington, we will be just like Mexico.
   :scared:    :scared:    :scared:    :scared:    :scared:
That being said, I will look thru my stuff this weekend and see if there is something I can donate to the auction.
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
Yes this year has been tough. I had to take a job in PA to stay working. At least I am working. I pray this next election will turn the country around.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
My problems aren't in Washington, and unless you change the whole band of thieves it won't make a big difference. My problems are in Lansing, Michigan. I've made what contributions I can, but I don't see me bidding like in years past. I help where I can, when I can, how I can.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
Izzy said something along the lines of what I was thinking.  We may not be able to raise Million$ in a year, but whatever we can pull together may make a huge difference in some child's life.

I had $1,200 to invest last year (but spent $1,500(!!) for the St. Jude's Shrew, which I will value for the rest of my life.)    This year... NOT!

BUT, let's enjoy the fun of the auction, and raise whatever we can!

It may not be an enormous year, but it can still be a meaningful one, and VERY significant to some sick child!!!!
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
I think money's tight everywhere. Gas prices and such. I haven't been on an out of state hunting trip in three years and don't see one on the horizon anytime soon. There's a lot of real nice things on the auction that I'd love to bid on, BUT!
Glenn

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:31-34)
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
Guys and Gals, I know that times are tough. Take a look at my turkey hunt on bid forum 5. Anyone can win with a 20 dollar donation. This Is gonna be a great deal for someone and I thought that giving the average guy a chance to win, that it would go higher than anything ever put up on this auction.

I'll be starting a thread soon that will sweeten the pot. the guys involved with this hunt have hit up all the buddies that they have. We have at least 1000 dollars worth of hunting stuff donated to give to the winner. He may have to drive just to haul all he stuff home. Also working on a local store to donate $100 gas card.

All in all , times are tough but, there are 20,000 plus members on here. $20 a ticket for all would be off the chart.

Just do what you can . We gonna hunt turkeys next spring anyway. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
don
what a great idea !
somebodys gonna win a great hunt.

times are tough all over
but bottom line is this is a great cause
if ya cannot afford to bid on the auction there is a place for cash donations $5-$10 whatever ya can spare
kevin

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
I'm in Batman!

This will be a most affordable, amazing opportunity!

Lookin' forward to it.

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
Where is the 2012 auction thread? Can't find it?
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
Nevermind, I found it.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »
I took a 20% pay cut for 2012. I am also recovering from a divorce.

I just listed 2 items for sale. I will bid on what I can but it will be small. I will be looking for more stuff to put up though.
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »
I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I'll be building a few youth bows for the TGMM to give out, and I've got a longbow posted.  I know there's good stuff everyone can part with.  Given the high cost of medical treatment these days it may be that we only raise engough to treat one  or two kids, but it will make a difference to them.  and that's priceless.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2012, 06:09:00 AM »
I agree with the pre-auction "buzz" being down, I feel it myself.

But, it ain't over, till it's over.

There are some pretty telling comments being made, but I bet we'll pull together like we've always done and there will be a good donation to make in the end. Most everybody's struggling in some way, but as this thing gets going, I bet we see the generosity come forth.

ANY donation will be heartfelt and much appreciated, I'm sure. As above, let's keep our chins up and do the best we can.

Can't ask for more than that.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©