3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: DO NOT MISS A CHANCE AT THIS $20 ST JUDES HUNT  (Read 2864 times)

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
DO NOT MISS A CHANCE AT THIS $20 ST JUDES HUNT
« on: May 11, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »
Hunting chance of a lifetime on st judes auction. anyone can win. For details.       CLICK HERE !!!  

Also so far we have a few items to give the winner. I have so far a hand climber by logy byhou;,  shell gas card for $25. I know the other guys have stuff as well. I'll let them chime in.

The hunting is first class but the BS sessions will be worth a $20 chance at this.;

Lets keep this up top and make it  one to remember. thanks Don Batten
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: DO NOT MISS A CHANCE AT THIS $20 ST JUDES HUNT
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Thanks Terry.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
I am going to throw in a handmade Long box  Boat Paddle call.   I sell them for $200 with holster when my arm gets twisted.  Must show up at hunt to receive call. it takes me about 6 months to make a Boat Paddle call since the tuning takes so long.  I will make it out of some special wood....one of a kind.

recap items

turkey bowhunt on honey hole Private Farm NC.  3 day hunt , lodging ,5 star food from chef,    $1200 easy..

personalized Boat Paddle Call. $200

Loggy Bayou deer.    $180.    ( don , is that the one you fell out of? )

gas card. $25.     ( you need it for running back and forth to store to keep Don current with snuff)

Heck I am going to buy 5 chances so if I win ,I can kill 2?
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Mike Yancey

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
:thumbsup:

Offline KOOK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »
:thumbsup:

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »
Just read the post the Kook put up.  Very cool idea and it would be great to win and who cannot come up with twenty bucks.

Well done - to all of you.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »
Link FIXED!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
Can't wait for this to open up  :thumbsup:
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Benjy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
Great idea! I haven't been a big turkey hunter but you can bet I'll be in on this just because of this quote from Don "The hunting is first class but the BS sessions will be worth a $20 chance at this.;"

Benjy
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
I haven't finished getting my money's worth of BS from Don and Joey (it was free and a few years ago at KaZoo). I'll get in for one chance, and know someone will have a great time.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 06:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by joebuck:
I am going to throw in a handmade Long box  Boat Paddle call.   I sell them for $200 with holster when my arm gets twisted.  Must show up at hunt to receive call. it takes me about 6 months to make a Boat Paddle call since the tuning takes so long.  I will make it out of some special wood....one of a kind.

recap items

turkey bowhunt on honey hole Private Farm NC.  3 day hunt , lodging ,5 star food from chef,    $1200 easy..

personalized Boat Paddle Call. $200

Loggy Bayou deer.    $180.    ( don , is that the one you fell out of? )

gas card. $25.     ( you need it for running back and forth to store to keep Don current with snuff)

Heck I am going to buy 5 chances so if I win ,I can kill 2?
Sharing a Turkey camp with Joey and Don.....,.....priceless

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
:notworthy:     :notworthy:    :clapper:    :clapper:  I will be in on that one!!!! If I win could I give the hunt to my Dad?

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
Man, That's good Stuff Right there!...you guys are too much...   :bigsmyl:
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
I'm on it!

Don, Im gonna send a pm, I'd like to add something to the list of goodies    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
Thanks for the help Terry. Joey's working on a few more donations. Got a call in to John Dill for a donation (He'll eat more than his donation cost LOL).

If you want to kill a Turkey with your bow, you need to be here. DB

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
I'm in.....did somebody say food was part of this..

Winner gets a new 2012 Kanati Angle Pro Bow Quiver....finest bow quiver since Fred Bears time. Must show at camp to receive.

Don

Looks like the heats on you buddy! Better keep the beer cold and the grass cut at the lodge.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
I've been waiting to see Don be able to start this particular thread on Pow Wow - so we can push this great offer. We (at least yours truly) are thinking this is the fairest plan for an offered hunt I've ever seen or heard about. I don't believe there is a member going that couldn't raise a twenty dollar bill to get (at least one) a ticket in the hat/pot. I am in high hopes that this offer will also give more of the generous folks putting hunts up for the St. Jude auctions to do theirs in a similar fashion/manner. Perhaps not this year but keep it in mind for future hunt offers - PLEASE. I personally think Don has come up with a great hunt program/offer.

Speaking of that I'm also here to say that I think Don left out one of the "Legends" as he calls them (wow, I'm feeling like I'm in tall company - LOL). The one he left out is "batman" himself. I know he never considers himself that way (just like I don't think of myself that way, and probably the others don't think of themselves that way either). BUT they are, as he explained, and he is too. One hell of a hunter,one consistently fine traditional archer, and another heck of a nice guy to be around. Also a fine musician and banjo player for the campfire - LOL.

There is another (old) thread kicking around Pow Wow lately that I wrote up as a report on Don's last Turkey Hunt offer for St. Jude. check it out also for all the fun we had on that one. This one will be even better.

Another thing that I want to cover is that I also am sweetening the pot for the winner, along with the other guys "Extra Gifts":

First, as I did last time, I will make one of my (rather Plain Jane) Turkey Wing Bone Calls, personalized for that lucky winner. (I know at least a couple members who have called in and killed  their bird with one of my WBCalls - perhaps more have.)

Second, I am donating a Primitive Bow that I made (by myself) a couple or three years back. You will hear/see more about this but for now let me just tell a little about it. It was a second place Bow Of the Month in Primitive Archer Mag (though second doesn't get a prize - LOL). It is solid Hickory, and a rather unique style. I don't use it much but it is a fine, smooth drawing, smooth, accurate shooter. However, even if you don't care to shoot it, I venture to say that you will love having it hanging on your wall. Back then the style was still called Holmgards (now they have found out that they are actually Mollegabets - (determined by a mix up in the tribe that actually designed and made the ancient ones they found). When I was laboring over making her  (Lord but Hickory is hard to scrape when you take a large, bulky stave down to a "Holmgard/Mollegabet" weird shape), I had a build-a-long up on 4 forums as I went along. Most are still up in archives, last I knew, not positive about here on TG, though it was a couple monts back. At the same time, Hurricane Hannah hit, and raised cane, here in NC. Because of that I named her, "Hannah-Holmi", and drew a little lady's head, blowing out wind, beside her name. She is finished natural (Polyurethane), is 66" NTN, and 40# @ 26" Her Flemish twist string is also one made by me. Pictures will be posted, probably during the auction - awww, why not post some now, while I'm at it. I think Don will approve. REMEMBER, this will be one of the prizes awarded to the winner of Don's hunt (whether you want it or not -LOL)

Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
This hunt is a *most-excellent* opportunity!

:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    

The winner is gonna be blessed!

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »
IMO this is the best way to raise a lot of money.  

Thanks to things like this, I predict a GREAT year for the kids guys.  Let's make it EPIC! God Bless all of Ya'll     :clapper:        :clapper:        :clapper:        :pray:        :pray:        :pray:
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©