3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good Bow for a 7th Birthday  (Read 258 times)

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
Good Bow for a 7th Birthday
« on: May 12, 2012, 01:30:00 AM »
Its been a while since I have been on here so forgive me if this isnt the right thread to ask this question on..   My cousins son is going to turn 7 next month and he Lives for hunting and being out doors and trying to shoot my bows( way to heavy) when he is here. His dad hasnt done much hunting other than with a gun and asked me to assist. I told him I knew just the place to start looking and to not buy one until I did some looking.Im hoping to find something not super expencive but something weak enough but will last him a few years and not outgrow it.. He actually is very stout for his age and will be stouter as he ages Im sure. To be honest he could almost pull my dads 45#@ 28 to full draw but the length of the bow just seemed to get awkward for him.. Thanks for any help. Glad he gave me an excuse to get back on here.

Offline LYONEL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good Bow for a 7th Birthday
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 04:18:00 AM »
I Asked the same question for my eight year old daughter just a few days ago  I decided to go with a youth take down from  www.herwaybow.com/  mainly because I have a preference for a take down recurve as I live in Australia & the ability to upgrade limbs as she grows was a big advantage & also take downs are easier to ship to Australia. There were two take downs I liked this one & one from  www.legendsbows.com/index.html  the bow from herwaybows however was 50" where the one from legends bows was 58" which I thought was a bit to long for an eight year old as I shoot 60" bows myself. All the recommendations I received looked like great kids bows but this one just suited us best. If I was to buy a one piece it would be a maddog pup from  www.maddogarchery.com/  based on value for money & variety of sizes & models in fact I will probably buy some of these for our club shortly.I hope this helps & I would like to thank all the people that helped me also.

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 06:22:00 AM »
Check out Mike at Maddog

http://www.maddogarchery.com/
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 06:31:00 AM »
Getting my grandson a Maddog
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Leon.R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 06:40:00 AM »
Maddog Pup , my little girl got hers  when she was 6 and loves it.
Black Douglas 68#
Wing Gull 60#
Hoyt Havoc 80#
Coupla other wheelies.
If ya gonna be stupid, you better be tough!

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 11:55:00 AM »
Thanks for info. Are there any good stock options a person could order and get shipped. (Im sure a custom one is better and the maddog seems to fit everything needed excapt that his birthday is in a month)

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
See if St. Joe River Bows has any in stock, I got my 11 year old daughter one for Christmas and she loves it...different colored wood in the risers, cool little bows.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©