3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St. JUDES CHALLENGE!!!! For converml(2nd challenge posted on pg. 8)  (Read 1513 times)

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
OK. Young Merle(converml) has called us out on the " gloom and Doom" post. And a Marine never backs down from a fight. So with the spirit of the auction I post up this challenge/promise to Merle.
 Take a gander at batmans hog hunt thread. If the members from 1-14,999 don't   post up more money on that hunt than the members from 15,000 and above, I will go to the next 3d shoot after the auction,shoot all the targets, with a skirt on!!! Pics will be provided if needed. So, call us geezers now!

Doc Noc will be the official counter of the funds if he doesn't mind. We know how you youngens like to use that funny
math.
I don't hear much smack talking now,huh?
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

I did not consider myself a "new member" at 17432, but, according to your deal, I'm gonna be helping the newbies when I buy my chances!

Also, with a name like leatherneck, you can keep the pics hidden and just tell us all about how you wore the skirt to the 3D shoot if you lose.  :scared:    :scared:    :scared:  

Sorry for that!

Bisch

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry to see you on the other side brother Bisch. But ol Merle set the stage.(numbers)   :biglaugh:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
A plaid skirt?
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Bud B.:
A plaid skirt?
Plaid,mini,hula, it doesn't really matter. Cause we ain't planning on losing!

It's almost 9:00pm, I'm getting ready for bed.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Marines is used to wearing skirts, so this is a win-win!  :bigsmyl:  Just kidding Mike, this Navy Airdale has your back on this one!  :thumbsup:  
owlbait #7963 (I think)  ;)    :p
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
This sounds great. Does anyone have an abacus and chalk slate to send to Doc for the ( what's that phrase they used)
cyphering.   :jumper:
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
I'll buy at least one chance when it comes time! Got your back Mike. For the kids, the Marines and
Ohio!

:campfire:

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
Well thats good of you Buckeye Someone's going to need his back if his skirt has too high a slit.   :laughing:
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: St. JUDES CHALLENGE!!!! For converml(2nd challenge posted on pg. 8)
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
I guess I'm on the newbie team.  Never done this, but after the year my wife and I have had there couldn't be a better cause.

Does the lower number make you feel younger?
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
This is hard for a fellow Marine is a brother and I always stand with my fellow Devil dogs. But I get screwed with the number I have. I will buy a ticket for the kids, and pray the Marines keep their dignity. Semper Fi
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
Just as long as he doesn't wear the Eagle Globe and Anchor while he's wearing the skirt I think it will be fine. I'm all in for a fair fight as long as it's St Judes and the kids that are winning.
Thom

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
Rizzo, you wacked out Italian!

You want ME to keep track of NUMBERS????... what ole Merele said might be true but I don't know how to use a bloomim abicus or whatever with them marbles on a wire either!  I used to try to tear em off to shoot with... really ticked off the teacher!  :eek:  

Truly...I'm with Owlbait on another thread about this hunt thing and trying to figure out where and how to send $$$ in "advance"...   :confused:  

Some of these newfangled concepts (while really cool) have me going in circles...

How the devil would you count that anyway?  

This is your skirt, your challenge...maybe YOU should "track it", bubba!

I gotta figure out first how to send my few bucks for a chance to be in the South hunting turkeys... and being with at least a couple of turkeys doing it.  I know Bernie and I've heard too many stories from B about Batman... I gotta try!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Bel007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »
Doc, you're gonna need to run around bare footed for a while.

This is gonna be fun.

:biglaugh:
Brian - aka "Big Sexy"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Lifetime Member

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 07:09:00 AM »
Looks like we got an opportunity to see an old man in a dress ( I hear its not all that uncommon in some of them homes) which I don't know if I'm up to a sight like that but remember
Its for the kids.
Now I have to go find my riding Derby Doc.    :jumper:
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 07:20:00 AM »
Thanks Mike. One thing though, it is a turkey hunt not hogs.

Doc I thought the pay deal was plain enough in my listing . Any way once bidding starts you send from $20 up to $100 to doug via check or paypal with your tg membership # and batman turkey hunt. Then post on the bid thread that you are in for x amount of chances.
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 07:20:00 AM »
Just to be certain, kilts don't count, right?

:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 07:33:00 AM »
I thought so too, Don, but then some of the later posts by your Famous Amos group led me to believe there was something else going on..."couldn't post to the thread till your money is in" etc.???  

I gotta believe that win, loose or draw, that is going to be the "pound cake war" thread of 2012!  :)

I usually wait till it's all over and send ONE payment...but it appears that this baby will need a separate payment to keep things straight--which is fine!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Don't send no abacus to my friend Doc Nock (self-admitted, he'll just play wif it 'n then tear it up) - he's a cal-cu-lator man, preferably one wif a paper roll (no I don't mean toilet paper either). I still got a couple of them an-ti-ques around if you need one, Doc. Don't feel bad though, I know where you are coming from - Don asked me to keep track of the ticket purchases on the hunt thread. (Hopefully) That will keep me busy as a three legged cat with the back door trots. AND I can't even keep scores straight at a 3D shoot, if there's more than one person shooting - whew!

In answer to someone's question - "Yes, Low member numbers do make you feel younger - even if you are older." It's a mental thing - every time I look at my avatar (with my number under it) I jump up and start to do jumping jacks like I'm only 72 again -      :thumbsup:

(Oh, and good luck to you both with any resulting "Pictures That will Not Die" - even when put in a bonfire.)
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©