3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lone Wolf stands  (Read 410 times)

Offline Cecil

• Trad Bowhunter
Lone Wolf stands
« on: May 14, 2012, 06:53:00 AM »
Which one do you use. I am looking at getting a light climber for this year.

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lone Wolf stands
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
I have the hand climber model, the sit and climb just didn't feel right.  I have used mine for a lot of years now.  I still love it.  Hunted this past season with only one hang on stand and I moved with the climber almost every time out.  Even into Feb.  I added backpack straps and a waist belt and I bungee my backpack to the stand to carry in.  
ALDO
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline bkbk12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 09:03:00 AM »
I bought one a few years back and the bought another new model just to give them a second chance still a No-Go for me just didnt have enough room and felt pretty uncomfortable I have tried just about every stand out there and found that the alpha loc on with a set of 4 32" climbing sticks is the way to go, super versatile, That was until I got the millenium I think that stand with the sticks will be the best of both worlds it feels like you are sitting in a recliner.

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 09:11:00 AM »
ive used a Loggy Bayou for over 20 yrs.  I bought a summit broadhead back packer and used that for a few seasons.  it was very comfortable and i felt safe, but it was tough for a recurve.  I bough a used LW hand climber combo, and love it!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline stykbow67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 09:29:00 AM »
I own a older hand climber and a Assault Hang on with climbing sticks and use both depending on the tree or situation. IMO you can't go wrong with either one of them.

Steve

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »
I have the hand climber and a few of the larger hang ons with sticks.  They cover all the bases for me.  I have used the hang on assaults in the past as well.  A little lighter and easier to pack longer distances, but a little less room as well.  I often sit dark to dark during the rut and the slightly longer Alphas allow me to stretch my legs a bit more.

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »
love all of mine...favorite is the original sit and climb...
i like biscuits

Offline wigeon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »
I had the sit and climb last year bought the assault hand climber it's smaller then the regular hand climber but I really like it.Its all I hunted out of last year.Lone wolf makes a good stand and I believe they are back in USA now

Offline Scbenton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
I have the Alpha sit and climb.  I'm only 5'5" and about 150lbs I actually felt uncomfortable in the stand.  It weighed 20lbs, easy to set up.

Found out about the tree saddle, bought one and haven't touched my LoneWolf since then.  I did get 4 LoneWolf climbing sticks.  I use two straps to hold them together and sling them over my shoulder in different ways which ever feels comfortable.  I also tie on all my cloths, jackets and bibs to the sticks as well.  I wear the tree saddle in and have attached two pouches that hold a range finder, 4 screw in steps, saw, snaks, knives, water etc.  

Personally I'd go for a tree saddle if ya can.  Your shot opportunities will increase and so will your shooting lanes.  It can get in to trees a clumber cannot.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
Alpha hand climber for over a dozen years now.  Still good as new, and for a bowhunter fits my every need.  I hear alot of guys comment on how uncomfortable they are, and while I don't disagree when comparing to other stands, I LOVE how quiet it is which allows me to stand up, stretch, look around, whatever.  I've spent more dark to dark sits in mine than I can count so maybe my rear is just used to it!
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
Anybody try out that new Flip Top climber they have (specs and video on their site)?  It has an assault seat and a sit and climb bar that flips out of the way.  Looks good for bowhunting, but pricey and haven't read much about it (other than what the company puts out).  I've been wanting one do it all climber and this looks like a pretty good combination - that and I accidentally ran over the top half of my Summit with my truck   "[dntthnk]"
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
I'm happy with my old hand climber.  I like how flat it is when packed and how easy it is to fold up the seat and have the whole platform for standing.

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
I have a older sit n climb as well as an alpha hang on and 4 sticks. Hands down the sit n climb is more comfortable,actually just upgraded the seat on the alpha. The thing about LW is they feel rock solid in the tree, and are the quietest stands Ive hunted out of, including cold weather. Summit/Old man, they both have creaked/popped/etc in the Michigan during December hunts.
I'm not a "deer" hunter, I'm a bow hunter that occasionally shoots a deer.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
I've got an old Hand Climber and it's my favorite stand now. I wouldn't even use it for the first yr or two I had it due to the "torture chamber" seat.

I finally told myself I paid too much for this stand not to use it, so I'm either going to completely ruin it or fix it so I can bear to sit in it.

Like I said it's my favorite now and lightest climber I got after I did some serious hack-sawin.

Offline Rock 'N Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
I've had my hand climber for 12 years now and wouldn't consider anything else. It's lightweight and the molded aluminum is silent. It's a little uncomfortable for long stretches but an extra foam cushion helps.
Todd Henck Longbow 68" 58#@28"
Dave Johnson Longbow 66" 60#@27"
Northern Mist Ramer 64" 50#@27"
Northern Mist Classic 68" 52#@28"
Shrew Hill #1 "Alpha" 67" 48#@28"

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
I have the Assault and recently bought the Alpha. Actually I haven't noticed much of a difference between carrying weight but the Alpha with attached sticks is the ultimate for me.

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »
I've not tried the Light Climber but the Sit n Climb made me nervous. If possible try out a friend's. Good luck with your choice!!!

Offline Cecil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
Thanks I been looking at the hand climber. at 14lbs that is light compared to my api bowhunter.

Offline Stixbowdrew

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
I have the Alpha Hang on and 4 of the climbing sticks and i love it! its somewhat comfrtable lol, but it fits my style of hunting well. i can be up and hunting from the ground in about 7 minutes. i just strap the sticks to the stand with a bungee cord and im off and running! great stands! but i have also been intrigued by the muddys...
All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us.

www.selwayarcheryproducts.com

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
I have a hand climber.  Nice stand.  I like it better than any other climbing stand out there.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©