3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great Northern Bushbow  (Read 379 times)

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great Northern Bushbow
« on: July 31, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
Can anyone give me their experience/opinion on this bow?  Is the bow cut close to center?  

Jeff
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Pete Patterson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Northern Bushbow
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 08:04:00 AM »
Jeff,

I can't comment on the bushbow.  However, I can affirm the incredible quality of the Great Northern product since I have had two Critter Gitters and still own one of them.  I had them make me one in February due soley to the good experience with the used one I previously owned.  I suppose I was simply expecting another GN that shot very well.  Yet, when I got it I was shocked at the superior glue lines and the amazing finish and many other features.  

I'm a believer.
....and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age. Matt 28:20

Offline the elf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »
I don`t have  Bushbow either [yet]----but I just received a Fireball---and all I can say is wow!!!.Shoots like a dream and fit and finish is superb------I love it----and I am mostly  a recurve man.

Offline Seven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
I have one and I love it!!  Mine is 60# @ 28" and is just plain old fun to shoot.  It is cut into center, but not all the way to center.  I have no problem shooting carbons, woodies, or aluminums out of it. I have many different spine arrows and have tried them all looking for the perfect flight. Not all of them flew perfect, but all of them flew well.  A versatile quiet fairly fast bow.

-Chad

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 09:36:00 AM »
Can't go wrong with a GN bow - I do like my Bushbow - If that was not obvious.  I have a Ghost as well and have had many others through the years.  My Bushbow has taken more game than all my other bows combined.  Combination of it being a go-to bow and it was also my first custom bow so I have had it since 89'

over the years GN has improved the design and become better at making bows.  Great company, great guys.

Bob Urban

Offline Ghost Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
The Bushbow is the result of the two bowyers at GN(Rick and Jerry) refining and evolving a design that would be their ultimate hunting bow. It is their bow of choice out of their considerable line of fine bows.

It is one those bows that just feels right to shoot; smooth, quiet, stable and forgiving. It is a classic of sorts, from a very reliable and established company. They still make their bows with their own hands, too. No assembly line or CNC machine.

I really appreciate the understated appearance of the bow. It has no overlays, no stripes or flares. It is not trying to be anything other than a bow that speaks to an archers heart, and in doing so it is truly artful.

Oh yea, I love mine.     :)      :)      :)

Online paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
I've got two; both Jackknife takedowns. I love the uncluttered lines, the gentle draw and the nearly silent shot.  My main bow has hickory lams, the other osage; both are skinned.  The hickory seems just a mite quicker, but the osage sure is purty.  I can't recall exactly, but the Bushbow is not cut to center; I believe it's either 1/8" or 3/16" from center.  The Hickory bow consistently chronos at 155 fps with 11 gr/lb arrows and a 26" draw.  Extrapolate that out to a 28" draw at 9 gr/lb, and I believe you'd be in the low to mid 180's speedwise; not to shabby for a mild R/D bow that rivals a Hill style bow for quietness.  Buy one of your own; you can't have mine  :bigsmyl:

Offline Ghost Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
up

Offline Dave Coalter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »
I myself do not own one, however a guy that works with me has owned two GN. Not sure what madle they were. I know that they both exploded on him, and yes the guys at GN backed them up and replced both of them. I know shortly after the second one was replaced he sold it. I guess you can say he became a little gun shy.
Inside every old man there is a young man asking what the heck happened.

Offline Ghost Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 10:56:00 PM »
Interesting. Two bows explode on the same guy? Never heard of such a thing. I wonder what happened?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©