3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TreeSaddle Tactics  (Read 726 times)

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TreeSaddle Tactics
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by kbetts:
I just don't understand all the problems.  If deer are close, don't move......prepare for the shot, don't get caught out of position......
Deer show up from any direction they want, who hasnt looked and been like where did that deer come from? So lets play a scenario where we see the deer coming from a long ways out, say 100yds. He is coming right toward your tree, you have the tree between you and the deer. Your right handed in this scenario. Your thinking slam dunk then the deer gets 20yds away and veers to the left side of the tree.   :eek:  You dont dare move, so you figure you will wait till he goes by and then you will walk 90 degrees to your left, turn in your saddle and shoot him. Oh wait, he didnt go past your tree, he turned and is walking to your left straight away. In a normal stand you had this deer shot when he turned, or maybe you took a quartering away shot. Now in the saddle you have to walk 180 deg around to your left, then pivot in your saddle and hope you do it before he gets out of range. Ive spent a lot of time in the saddle, and there is just too much movement needed for certain shots. In a normal stand, you just turn and you can cover a lot of ground. There maybe situations where its a great tool, but I havent had that experience.
I'm not a "deer" hunter, I'm a bow hunter that occasionally shoots a deer.

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
My experience has shown me the opposite.  It's my go to when I need to get into a tight spot.

It's not for everyone but suits me and the small parcels I hunt very well.  It hasn't cost me any shots.......yet.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
I have used them, but I am just as portable and MORE comfortable with a lightwt. treestand. I move far less too.  The stand weighs a whole 5# more- which is negligible carried on my back. (particularly with my stand set up with shoulder straps and a backpack hip belt).  I also can get up a tree one time, and set in easily under 10 minutes. The tree-saddle always takes me longer than that.

My 2C
Dan
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
My lone wolf is far superior to the saddle in every way IMO.
BCD

Offline Boswell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
The Saddle is one of the most useful and effective tree stands that there is for me. I have used the saddle for many years, the videos on youtube by Boudreaux are of my experience with the saddle. It is by far a great too. I have never had any problems with being caught moving but I do move alot. But I also hunt higher than most choose too.

Thanks
Boswell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©