3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Badlands Monster Fanny Pack-hydration?  (Read 283 times)

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Badlands Monster Fanny Pack-hydration?
« on: May 14, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
I have seen these packs, and was thinking that it would be nice to not have a big pack on my back for spot and stalk hunting in hot weather, but saw that it didn't really have a dedicated space for a 2-3 liter hydration pack.  I was wondering if anyone puts a hydration pack in the fanny pack itself and routes the tubing over the shoulder and, if so, how well it is working out.  Thanks in advance.

Online Matt Quick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Badlands Monster Fanny Pack-hydration?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 07:19:00 PM »
Check out the eberlestock mini me. Carries a hydration bladder and there's just enough room for the basics. I'm not a fan of the larger eberlestock packs for heavy loads but the mini me is the ticket for stalking pigs or a short evening hunt for deer.  I think I paid $110 for mine. Alot of money for what it is but I like it.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
Thanks for the input. I was really interested in the badlands monster fanny pack.  It would leave your back uncovered mostly.

Offline Missouri CK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »
Had one of the badlands fanny. It was cool but the small hydration system sucked as I ran out of water everyday on an elk hunt I used it on.  Plus one of the straps broke. The company stood by it but I traded it in on one of there backpack models.  It would have been a good whitetail pack and I don't need much water for them.
If u put the water in the pack space you wouldn't have much left.
Ck
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Offline Gapmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
I have and use one almost every weekend calling coyotes. Never really used it on a real long hike. I just throw in a bottle of water inside the pack. Try to keep it simple for me. I don't see why you couldn't route the tube for yourself if that's what you need. Give it a go. For the long hikes I stick with the super day pack. Good luck.
"Just passing through"

Offline bwana

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
I've been using one for 3 years now and really like it. it does have a 34 oz. bladder pouch which rides on the back below where the straps meet just above the pack. i did have to buy the bladder seperatly. I fill the bladder and also carry a 1 quart canteen in the main compartment. There's plenty of room for it....bill

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »
Thanks guys.  Looks like it probably isn't gonna work well for me.  I am planning on carrying 3 liters of water with me.  I will be walking long distances with no place for a refill and I kinda freak out a little when I get low on water.  I have a few day packs, but one is pretty hot and one is pretty noisy.  Might have to check out the badlands reactor pack.

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 05:10:00 AM »
pat
i've got the monster and a diablo-both GREAT equipment-and the frame on the diablo keeps your back well ventilated--and will hold a ton of water/and gear--i would recommend any of they're models w/ a frame for hot weather---great customer service too--good luck!!

------------------mike
Mike

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
Thanks Mike.  Long time, no see.  Hope all is well.

Pat

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 08:26:00 AM »
I know you said you wanted your back free, but the Camelbak MULE is nice and has a 72oz bladder. I've worn mine whitetail stalk/still hunting and have never ran out of water, plus, you'd have room for gear and a good survival kit should you have a mishap while way out in the wilderness. I've worn mine with a back quiver and it was awkward but doable. A bow or side quiver would have been better, which is how I used it at Ray's Hog Heaven in March.

It comes in a tan/caramel color. Military issue are digital camo.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
And to add, it has thickly padded ridges to create vent channels along your back to help keep you cool.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©