3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pure Bowhunting New DVD  (Read 691 times)

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Pure Bowhunting New DVD
« on: May 14, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »
‘Pure Bowhunting’ DVD Produced by Cascade Archery

Seems quite reasonable to ascertain than any new DVD associated with traditional bowhunting would stimulate considerable interes.t.  Even if the production is mediocre, the brotherhood will likely provide substantial support.

Just a few of my observations:

Content: Much different perspective taken where the focus was on the total embodiment of the gifts which the traditional way brings forth.

Footage: Captured views as if I was actually viewing a live scene first hand. The picturesque composition had me yearning to share in their adventures.

Camaraderie: Genuine camaraderie, and unparalleled friendship which remains personally at the top of my list these days.

Game harvested: The harvests were well done and in the best of taste. As a bonus, many of the animals were magnificent representatives of their species.  Was also quite thrilled with the nice shot placements and the honor bestowed each downed game animal.

Detractions: The only negatives were a few minor canned questions, yet were directed to benefit the audience or perhaps provide additional entertainment.

Over-all Take: This video touched home numerous times throughout the entire production. Many of the feelings incurred are more personal than I care to divulge. I personally relish the opportunity to meet Steve Gorr and his friends as well as share in the treasures which the traditional way has brought them. Pure Bowhunting is not only special but provides a much deeper contribution to the family of the traditional

Yes, it is a wonderful world we share.

Rating: The video has personally earned "FIVE STAR's"
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pure Bowhunting New DVD
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »
Friend,

I believe your review accurately portrays what Mr. Gorr was trying to convey. Steve is an outstanding hunter and gentleman who just happens to use a trad bow exclusively.  

He was winning archery events and taking record-book critters before a lot of us were born.  His dvd's are certainly a labor of love.  I believe the only thing he loves more than hunting and filming is family, God, and country.
Lon Scott

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »
just ordered it....
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 08:09:00 AM »
I have been in contact with Steve and over the past few months we have shared a few phone conversations. I enjoy those talks much and he really had me looking forward to this new DVD.

Nice write up Scott. I agree with you review,well done. Steve has a passion for what he does and he has a group of friends that are as giddy and real as he is to do this thing we call Trad hunting.
The filming is done with good taste and the animals and countryside is Sooooo wonderful. It sure is fun to watch and I look forward to the day I could share a fire with Steve and his buddies. Steves first DVD was great and this one is at least that good. It is what real bowhunting is all about.
Now if he would just make a shooting DVD so I can learn to shoot like he does......

Get the DVD from Steve,it is worth a watch.

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »
Friend, excellent review.

Offline 52Mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
Friend
Thank you so much for your kind words. You made Fred's week when he read your review . I have a Question. Is there a e-mail address that I can use to get a e-mail to Terry Green my computer will not let me send one to him.I keep getting a square  box that tells me to try latter.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
[email protected] is what I have Steve.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline granpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »

Great DVD, one of my new favorites

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 06:51:00 AM »
Ang, Nice shooting in the movie. What part of WY do you hunt the antalope? I hunt in 41/42
Sure is fun and you guys showed that.
Hope to see you at Comptons.

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »
Steve's sententious contribution to the traditional world has found a conspicuous place in the hearts of many and will well be bestowed upon the masses of tomorrow.

Please be assured that if this old hound dog cuts his track, I will run it until he has either been bayed or treed. Hopefully, I will cut the track once he has amply fed his fill. My legs too, are getting weary
>>----> Friend <----<<

Offline pitt98

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »
Just ordered it myself.
Damon Howatt Super Diablo 54# @28
BW PSA 60" 51# @28
RER Arroyo 58" 60# @28
Kwyk Styk 54" 54#@28
Eaglewing Talon 11 62" 53# @28
Zipper Nitro 60" 47#@28
Allegheny Mt longbow 60" 40#@28

Offline L. Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »
Could someone please direct me to where I may order one of these? Thanks!Never mind, I found it!
Traditional Bowhunting: Cunning and stealth, not gadgets and gizmos!

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Get both if you can Mr.Harris
Bowhunting Reflections and Pure Bowhunting.
They are both make are great to watch.

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »
Had the fortuitous opportunity to view “Bowhunting Reflections” for the first time.  Apply titled, since I was repetitively awakened to the fact that I wasn’t actually talking to myself and not actually sharing camp with these special comrades. I was aroused periodically from my hypnotic state and drawn back to reality due to the vivid footage exceeding my own limited reflections.

*****Perhaps sanity is over-rated. *****

By the waking of my traditional heart, by the stirring of my traditional soul, the traditional spirit of “Bowhunting Reflections” abides while serving to call the traditional family to this sacred camp.

Once again, a splendid production which captures the mystique of traditional bowhunting and the treasures it so freely relinquishes - A complementary, endearing, yet flowing prequel to “Pure Bowhunting”.
>>----> Friend <----<<

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »
Bought em both after learning of them here. They arrived in just 3-4 days and I only had to pay shpping for one. I've watched both and loved them.

The close-up wildlife footage is great, especially for the Roosevelt Elk.

Offline 52Mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
Two Tracks
     Angelo and I have been bow hunting for Muledeer and Antelope South of Gillette and east of Casper for 8 years now. There are a dozen  of antelope areas in Wyoming that are equal for quality of bucks. The Game and Fish will tell you were the most state land is were any hunter can hunt no charge. Those are the unit's that we put in for. Angelo ,Rob and myself  will be trying to film mule deer stalks again in the fall of 2012.

Offline daniel boon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
Got Them both, Great DVD's and prompt shipping.  :thumbsup:

Offline yukon chuck

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
I wish the Postman would hurry up already! Anxiously awaiting my copy.
>>>--TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association
Yucketsville Buffalo & Cricket Association

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle". -Plato

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 09:14:00 AM »
I see Terry posted up on St. Jude both DVD's as a set on EACH of the 5 auctions!

Bid em up for the kids...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
I enjoyed watching Pure Bowhunting for the second time even more than I did the first time. Steve Gorr’s first video was, to use an archery term: a Robin Hood. Right on the mark! The odds of making two Robin Hoods in a row are slim indeed, but he’s done it. I think we should try to convince Steve to try for a third!

There aren’t many videos that capture the wide range of activities and fun that comprise the world of traditional archery.  There are some great traditional videos that capture the thrill of hunting with longbows and recurves. There are others that really shine in the realm of shooting and the flight of the arrow. Pure Bowhunting is one of the rare videos that seems to capture it all, and have lots of fun along the way.

From slow silent stalks to the beauty of salmon schooling in a crystal-clear stream, from fantastically accurate “pin-point” shots on game in truly wild country to drilling 3-D targets “right there,” this video seems to have it all.  What is does best though, is show how much fun shooting bows and arrows can be.

The good-natured teasing between old friends as they hunt or stump shoot is one of the greatest gems Steve Gorr shares with us in this film.  Steve and Fred Anderson and their friends had me laughing several times, but for me, the funniest part of the film is when Steve looks at the camera during a late-season whitetail hunt near the Idaho/Canada/Washington border and complains—with a deadpan look and tongue firmly in cheek—that he doesn’t even know the names of the deer he is hunting.

That concept comes as a welcome contrast to the many bowhunting DVDs where people are hunting small areas of tame country where the big bucks all have names.  Well, in Pure Bowhunting, the deer and elk and bears are living in wild country, and they do not have names. They are as wild as wild can be. So is the scenery.

For those of you who may not have seen Pure Bowhunting yet, or Steve’s previous DVD Bowhunting Reflections, I made some screen captures to share with you and give you an idea of what you are missing out on.

The first two show Steve’s stalk across a salmon stream as he approaches a sleeping black bear.

For those of you who enjoy seeing elk up close and personal, you are in for a real treat. This video has some truly great close-up footage of elk during the rut. It will get you fired up for fall!

And last but not least, if you ever go stump shooting or target shooting with Fred Anderson, and you bring some really nice, one-of-a-kind hand-crafted arrows, never ever turn you back on him. You may just find one of your prized arrows being snuck out of your back quiver and launched several hundred yards into a deep canyon.  

The sense of humor, beautiful bowhunting scenes, and great shooting shown in Pure Bowhunting will make you laugh out loud and sigh with envy, but more than anything else, it will make you want to call your best friend, grab your favorite bow and some good arrows and head for the hills to have some fun.

With luck, he's already planning more adventures to film and share with us on his next DVD!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©