3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting left and right ?  (Read 248 times)

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
Shooting left and right ?
« on: May 16, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
I am a natural left hander and shot left handed for many years. Had some TP problems and several years ago went right handed. I am a three under shooter and have done all right shooting RH.

Started messing around LH again lately and am shooting accurately (actually about the same, am left eye dominant)

I shoot a tab and left handed the tab comes off my hand quite a bit (even though it is a tight fight on my finger.

Any advice?

Thanks
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting left and right ?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 08:57:00 AM »
Have you posted this in the Shooters forum, those cats have awesome advice about everything shooting related.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
I agree with the shooters forum.  I had a student in my archery club that lost her tab on almost every shot.  On release she opened her fingers.  I lightly taped her fingers together to have her feel the difference.  Once she started keeping them together the tab stayed on.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Breeze430

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:41:00 PM »
I wonder if it's'a product' of' you throwing your fingers open when you release?
Breeze
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.”

Offline frankwright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
I am right handed and left eye dominate. Sometimes if I don't really concentrate, my left eye takes over and I will get a nice tight group to the left of where I was aiming.

Any chance your eye is messing you up with your switch hand shooting.

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
I am left eyed dominant and a natural lefty for my whole life. I went righty several years ago and am accurate shooting righty. I have always shot lefty once in a while just to keep in touch. Shooting righty has lessened my TP shooting lefty considerably. I shoot exactly the same style right and left. 3 under and straight up and down bow. I am as accurate righty as lefty. Very comfortable both sides. The only difference is the tab comes flying off my hand left handed even with a much tighter fit of the tab.
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©