3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Back Quiver for the "Little Man"?  (Read 816 times)

Offline ALW

• Trad Bowhunter
Back Quiver for the "Little Man"?
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »
I'm wanting to make a back quiver for my little boy.  He's almost 2 1/2 now and still a little small for shooting, but I want to get his gear ready now.  I found a good tutorial on making a back quiver in the how to section, but was wondering what dimensions I should use for a quiver for such a small guy?  I hope he can use if for a few years anyway, til he's 5 or 6.  

Also, I have a small roadkill rattlesnake in the freezer that I plan to skin out and dry and maybe use to decorate the quiver with.  Can I dry it like you would to back a bow with or does it need to be tanned?  And what's the best way of attaching it to the quiver, say for a decorative band?  Barge cement, sewing, ect..?

Sorry for all the questions, but I was working on a bow for him this weekend and I got the hankerin' to make him some gear.  Thanks in advance.

Aaron

Offline ALW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Back Quiver for the "Little Man"?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
Anyone?

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
ALW....
    Here ya go....
Use the basic plans on the how to section....Butt reduce it to 11 1/2 wide....And it will come out close to 4" wide when put together....
    The height is maybe 15" give or take an inch....Deoending on the little Mans arrows....
    This size will look pretty good on Him....Just about what my 6" medium Q. looks like on an adult....
    On the cross laceing for tying the Q. together space the holes about 1/2" apart width wise and about an 1" spaceing vertical....
    The holes at the bottom spaced about 1/4" apart and the thickness of the bottom piece from the bottom edge....
    This size maybe a tad big for now, butt he will grow with for quite awhile....
    I hope this helps....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline ALW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
Mike G, thanks a lot for the dimensions.  How about on putting the snakeskin on?  Should I sew it on or would barge cement work?  Again, thanks.

Aaron

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
Barge will work....
Let both pieces tack up....
Place it on with some weight....
Ya might want to make a leather frame to go arounf the edges and stith it....So the fram holds the edges down....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©