3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Allans Shrew Safari  (Read 788 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Allans Shrew Safari
« on: May 18, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
Congratulations to Allan DeVore for another addition to his family of Shrew's. This beautiful Super Shrew Safari is destined to accompany him on his next hunting excursion.

The dark Koa veneers over the bamboo and carbon core of the bow are stunning. The combination of the bow bolt and phenolic riser gives the bow a reassuring heft that is sure to add to it's stability. The addition of black buffalo horn overlays on the tips and riser identify it as the "Safari" model.

This July Allan will be taking this bow to Australia after Water Buffalo. I'm looking forward to reading about his adventures when he returns.  

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Allans Shrew Safari
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
Now that there is pure ole PURDY Ron ! Awesome piece of work there JavaMan !   :notworthy:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
Ron,

I sure like the pictures, but I can't shoot them!   :saywhat:  

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
Slobber, drool, slurp.  Hmmmm, everything looks great except the draw weight (needs to slim down about 25# for me and I used to shoot an 85# Howard Hill longbow!).  Wow, that bows a beauty.    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »
OMG! That is some beautiful Koa, congrats Allan, but that 70# makes my shoulder hurt just reading about it and I used to shoot 80+# when I was younger. 60# is about all I can handle for very long now. I can still pull and hold the heavy weights though, not bad for a 61 year old fat man,LOL.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
P.S.  Hey Ron, you better send along one of the big knives instead of the neck knife you pictured. Allan's chasing big critters with that bow.   ;)
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 09:57:00 AM »
Beautiful!  And perfect specs.

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
That is a BEAUTY, Allan!

Hope to see pics in the future of you, the Shrew Safari, and a Water Buff you have "reduced to ambient temperature"!  :rolleyes:  

Have a great hunt!
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
 P.S. Hey Ron, you better send along one of the big knives instead of the neck knife you pictured. Allan's chasing big critters with that bow.  
Ray, that's not the Lil' Shaver it's the new "Big Shaver", 4" blade, 8" OA

Ron,  I sure like the pictures, but I can't shoot them!  Allan  
It's on it's way Allan...   :)

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
Ray and Danny,

I will be 60 this year, so that weight is a little tough on me too, since I don't shoot heavy bows much except when I am going on a hunt for something that requires it. I used to shoot a little heavier bow than this for everything, but that was long ago. I still have a number of bows that are around this poundage, but they mostly hang on my rack these days. I am still in the process of working up my strength for the July hunt, and I am right on schedule compared to last year when I went.

I would love to shoot a 55 or 60 pound bow on my buffalo hunt, but those big animals require more to get the heavy arrows up to a high enough velocity to get good penetration. Fred Eichler's 54# Palmer may be enough to kill any North American animal, but I doubt he would use it to hunt an Asiatic Buffalo! My right shoulder is literally popping and protesting, but it is getting stronger. After multiple injuries and surgery, it hurts every day of my life, regardless of what I do, so I might as well make it hurt for a good purpose.

This bow may not get a lot of use, because of its poundage, but the fact it will see the excitement of my second trip to Oz is good enough.

Allan

P.S. Thanks, Daryl. I will definitely post pictures and hope to have something worthwhile to show.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
Nice!!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 11:08:00 AM »
Beauty Allan! Wish you would have it for tomorrow. 2 pounds heavier than your prior buff bow, right?  Nice Koa!

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
Wow Allen, another beauty of a bow and hunt.  Good luck!
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
I have a Shrew with the carbon, phenolic riser and bow bolt.  Mine is 58" and just a wee bit lighter - OK much lighter!  :bigsmyl:   I shoot it better than any other longbow I have ever tried.  The veneers look great.
Mel Riley

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
Another beauty Allan!  I hope all the training goes well, and I look forward to your sharing of the trip!
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Cato

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 11:38:00 AM »
That thing is drop dead beautiful.  I'd be almost afraid I'd scratch it up.  Gotta save that pic!
Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »
AWESOMEEEE  :thumbsup:

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
Shuuuweee!
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©