3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: O so quiet!  (Read 281 times)

Offline huntnut

• Trad Bowhunter
O so quiet!
« on: July 31, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »
While I was on vacation in the Ozarks I stoped by my brother-in-laws and we went to his local bow shop. Well I brought my longbow with, I started shooting it at there 20yrds indoor range, all the guys there (compound shooters) couldn't beleave how quiet that the bow was compared to a compound. And they couldn't beleave that I could hold a  group at 20yrds just shooting instinctive. I told them there are guys that shoot alot better then that. A couple of them shot it and said how the hell I can you shoot that thing because of the draw weight. But the biggest thing was how quiet the bow was. Its kind of neat haveing compound shooters ahh'ing over a stick. LMAO
Bear Grizzly 50#@28

Offline pointy sticks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: O so quiet!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
Had a similar thing happen last week. Our archery club was putting on a little display for the community. A couple of the compound guys were rather impressed that us longbow guys could put arrows in the kill zone (3D bear) at 26 yards. No not all in the "10" ring but all effective kill shots. Best part is that myself I'm comfortable at 18 yards or less.    :archer:
make em pretty and shoot em straight.

Secretary and Membership Chair
Bowhunters Association of Nova Scotia

Traditional Archers Association of Nova Scotia (member)

Archers Association of Nova Scotia (Member)

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
Moments like that make you smile. I always see at least one guy look at his contraption bow with that look of "Well I've spent all this money on this thing, so I'm going to brag about how good it shoots because that makes me feel better about how much I've invested in it. Maybe if I turn my nose up a bit at his stickbow, he'll think I'm disinterested."
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Legolas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »
I recall a story from a deceased friend that some pistol shooters were plinking at some targets and he pulled out his bow for giggles and on the first shot made a very lucky bullseye at a long distance. Jaws were on the ground. He said he just put the bow back in the case cause he knew he could not do it again and did not want anyone to find out.
Things seem to turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are probably right-Henry Ford

Offline huntnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
What really got under there skin is when I told them I picked it up for $150 new and that isn't a sale price thats every day price. By the way it is a Viper Deluxe w/ a custom string from Chad. I'm sure there are better more expensive bows that have less noise and hand shock but for the money I couldn't go wrong, and it really made some compound shooters heads turn. And yes I still hunt with a compound so I know how hard it is to go from it to traditional shooting.
Bear Grizzly 50#@28

Offline kybowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
"He said he just put the bow back in the case cause he knew he could not do it again and did not want anyone to find out."

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!!!! Made me laugh out loud!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©