3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cuddeback worth the $?  (Read 636 times)

Offline Hill Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cuddeback worth the $?
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
no to cuddyback, another vote for Bushnell
Ps 8:3 ¶ When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Offline Mac Hicks

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
They are worse than bad, and the customer service is terrible.  Every time I see the "Pros"    :biglaugh:  raving about them on TV, I change the channel immediately.  You can probably tell that I don't recommend them FWIW.  :nono:
U.S. Navy Retired 1965-1989
TGMM Family of the Bow

There are 2 secrets to wisdom: 1. Never tell everything you know.

Offline Huntingnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
Well, I decided after reading this to pass on the Cuddeback's. I ended up ordering a Covert camera after reading several reviews on it. I appreciate all the advice!

Shane

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 04:07:00 PM »
Good call...agree with most of the comments

Online DGW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
2nd good call! I would never buy another one. I have had no trouble with moultre cameras and great luck with reconyx but they are not cheep.

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »
I paid a lot a lot of money for my first Cudde and I am less than impressed. I had to send it back to be reconstructed and it is not real user friendly.

Now I just buy the Moultrie Game Spy D-50 for 65 bucks to my door.

I can put several out, they work great, and if one breaks, I can take it back for warranty.
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline Redfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 12:02:00 AM »
Moultrie Game Spy D-50 has been great for me and if there is a problem send it back without any fuss. Mine have been through freezing weather,rain and the hot Tx sun and still have produced.

Offline snufer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 08:21:00 AM »
Good move on buying the Covert, they take great pics and have very long battery life. My old Cuddebacks ate batteries!!

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 08:31:00 AM »
Might a homebrew be an option?
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline stiknstringer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
I have not heard anything good about the newest cuddeback's but I do have 6 of the older ones and have not had a single problem with any of them. They are also so simple to use and set up. You can still get them at a reduced price in the sportsman's guide.

Offline muley40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »
I had one for 2 years, second year started having problems, and as stated by other owners the customer service is terriable, thats if you can ever get them to answer the phone, thats a job in its self, sold it switch to the Moultrie M-80 its seems to be a good camera and thats my opinion.
Independent Bow Hunter

Offline Running Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
I bought a moultrie M-80 this past fall. So far I like it, takes nice pics but battery life could be a little better. For the number of times I use it during the season and what I paid, I'm happy.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
IMHO, anything that is not a homebrew in a Pelican case will not last very long if used continuously.

Better to get a mid-grade and set it in your heart (and budget) that you may be replacing them every two or so years.

Also better to go for battery life than things such as more pixels, shutter speed, etc.

Set them up on feed or paralleling a travel route and you shouldn't have to work about shutter speed.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Online dixiearcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »
My  wife bought me a SpyPoint camera and it is amazing! very fast, good quality pictures, and very affordable at only $100! Better than any other I have used
Preach the gospel, die, and be forgotten
-Count von Zinzendorf

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
The Moultrie M-80 is all I use these days.  Compact, inexpensive, and does everything that I want them to do.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »
FYI:  I buy discounted AA Lithiums at SAMS CLUB and slap 8 into each M-80.  They last ALL deer season for me without a battery change.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Moon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
I've used the same (Moultrie Game Spy) game cameras for the past few years and have not had any problems.  I just change the batteries every year and they work great.  They are affordable too.

Good luck
Moon

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
For me you can't beat the little Covert Ca3. Super camera for the money.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hill Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »
I bought cameras from Bushnell, Covert and Spy-point over the winter, all from some bay and all under $160, I am pleased with all, but hands down the Bushnells are my choice, I still have one running on the same 8 rechargeable batteries since late December. good infrared width and range. all take great daytime pics.
Ps 8:3 ¶ When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
I purchased a Moultrie D55 on the advice of my cousin. He has a D 50 that has took hundreds of pics with no problems. My D 55 is simpe to use and takes great pics. Seems like alot of folks here use them. I got mine on sale for a little over $100.00
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©