3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hoyt Buffalo opinions  (Read 242 times)

Offline EMS Pilot

• Trad Bowhunter
Hoyt Buffalo opinions
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:43:00 PM »
I am considering buying a Hoyt Buffalo and would like to from people who own or have shot one. Thanks.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoyt Buffalo opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 06:18:00 AM »
Me personally,Its the best bow I have ever shot! Like any bow you will get varied opinions though. I think the one thing that puts it over the top for me is the limbs combined with the para-lever system. It is the smoothest bow I have shot. Mine is a 60" and at #45, I can hold this bow at anchor for more concentration on the shot. Since I got this bow a year ago my shooting has improved greatly and I owe it to the bow, its a pleasure to shoot. The grip is what really sold me on it originally, it is the grip that actually comes with the Dorado, not the low wrist grip.A lot of people say its overpriced for what you get compared to other bows but I have always been a loyal Hoyt fan so it was well worth it. You wont be disappointed.

Offline T-D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
I really like mine. It is a very smooth bow. I had a lot of headache with noise at first but I finally fixed that situation. It is so quite now that I shot at a wild boar 3 times and he never flinched! If he would have I would have connected. Anyway the adjustablity of the bow is unreal.

I have two dislikes:
1. Mass wieght "the bow is heavy for my taste"
2. Overall Length "I really like a shorter bow"

If you purchase one PM me and I can tell you some little tricks I did that really worked for the bow.

Hope this helps!
Resident Hog Slayer

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
Search the forum, nothing but great things have been said about them. I have two  :)
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline CEW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »
Hawkeye was hitting everything with his in the "Avengers". At least it looked like one to me.

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
I'd have to go with what everyone else is saying.  I don't claim to be an expert, but I have shot a bunch of different bows.  The Buffalo wasn't even on my radar...until I shot it, then I bought it.  The draw is so smooth that it feels like a lot less draw weight than what it is.  Very nice bow, I don't think you'd be disappointed with one.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
I've been shooting mine since April 2011 and love mine. I like the mass weight. It steadies everything up nicely. BTW it feels in weight about the same as a Black Widow take down to me and shoots just as good.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
I sold mine.  Couldn't get it quiet!!!  You all correctly state that it is very smooth drawing though.  I have a very long draw, which probably contributed to the noise.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©