3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Game cart  (Read 394 times)

Offline Blueridge

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Game cart
« on: May 23, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Had back surgery 5 weeks ago and thinking I might need something like this for the upcoming season.
Any one use one now and which one to buy?
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Game cart
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
The wide one at bass pro I think would be good. Sorry don`t know the brand but I think Summit maybe. I have one I use sometimes when I don`t want to "stink" up and area with field quartering. I made it from two old push mower handles and the back wheels from one. Works good. I will say you need a wide one or one with wheels leaning in at the top because they are easy to tip over on un even ground.RC

photobucket.com/albums/w39/rcswampbucket/cart.jpg[/IMG]

Offline Weasel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
I've hauled half a dozen blacktails out with the Cabela's Magnum deer cart.  Around $100.  I wouldn't even think about taking a deer out of the woods any other way.
I have a free roaming, ranging mind -- sometimes it reports back to me...
---------------------------

Offline Tomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
I have Cabels Mag Hauler works great. Take it easy when going over big logs the wheels will bend.

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
They work great ,built my own and put wheelchair wheels on it and the big wheels handle rough ground very well.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline WTT03

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
I've used Cabela's Magnum Game Hauler for quite a few years now with no problems whatsoever. I even had to take 2 deer out at one time with it, worked like a charm. I just bungee 'em down and go. I won't go back to dragging again unless absolutely necessary. HUGE backsaver.
Todd

Offline Kamm1004

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »
I always prefer sleds with a harness to drag them with. I thought the game cart i had was kinda clumsy over rough rocky terrain. But the cabelas game cart is probably the best deal.
Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and your bow and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me.- Genesis 27:3

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
I got this double wheel job at Cabelas.  Works great.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
If there are good trails or logging roads carts are great......if not they can sometimes make even more work out of a drag! The sled thing is good, really good on snow!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Blueridge

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
Thanks for the info .

Offline Blueridge

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
Thanks for the info .

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
I've built several, from steel and from aluminum. I made the wheels removable (20" lawnmower wheels attached to the axle with hairpin clips and washers), handles removable, and the frame collapsible.  I attached a 2" strap that goes around my shoulders and across the back of my neck like a harness.  It sure beats dragging, especially when you're alone and the drag is almost a mile!!!
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline TroyH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
That's what I use as I'm usually alone and don't own a 4 wheeler.  Don't know how I'd have gotten most of my deer out without it.
Formerly known as PastorHunter.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »
I usually just run a web belt through them and carry them like a shoulder purse!

:knothead:      :laughing:

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »
Cabela's Mag Hauler.  We have had ours for about 12 years and have hauled countless deer, two at a time multiple times.  Works great!
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
I have a few and the stronger, bigger and wider the wheel base is the better. I thought they would only work on logging roads and in fields but I have dragged them through swamps, over stone walls just about anywhere but through really thick brush. Often times we have 2 or 3 on it at a time too. Much better than any other way I have tried. Just make sure you balance the deer over the axel.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
Ameristep non-typ aluminum. 20#.  Carry in as a backpack (23 x 26 x 6), folds out (47 x 32), and works great.  Wt. centered, canted wheels keeps it from being tippy. Google search it- much info out there.

I do think the mag haulers w doubles are perhaps a little more stable- but the portability of this thing to carry in my vehicle and on my back is a huge benefit.  

This pic is a 220# field dressed deer- (can't see it in the pic, but there is a full platform under the rear quarters that centers the wt. on the canted wheels)

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 05:39:00 AM »
Made my own out of 1" galvanized conduit, 3/4 kindorf, 3/8" hardware and big tires.  Can haul over 500#'s with ease.  It's heavier than the store bought ones, but it is heavy duty as well.  I think Jason Westbrook had a thread on here years ago, that's what gave me the inspiration.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Online huntmaster70

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 06:24:00 AM »
I bought one last year from Sportsmans Guide on sale for $49.00(steel model- takedown for carrying convienence)I used it last fall twice -worked great! I hunt alone & without having any snow to make dragging easier,the cart is a great way to avoid a heartattack!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©