3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dacron,fastflite  (Read 260 times)

Offline Scattergun2570

• Trad Bowhunter
Dacron,fastflite
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
I am shooting a 45lb Savannah. I have ongoing neck issues,so on occasion it really hurts my neck. I was wondering if it would feel like less weight if I switched from Fastflite to dacron.. Thanks

Offline Scattergun2570

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dacron,fastflite
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
ttt

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:11:00 PM »
I don't think it will feel less. But there will be a difference in how it feels when shot. Try it, that's the only way you'll know!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline swampthing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
Nope.
   Try to not dip your head forward too much, get that string back with good shoulder and back rotation. Keep your draw elbow down, head relaxed, and don't let the draw movement cause your head to adjust to the string, bring the string to your head.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »
Not at all.  Most likely you'll feel more handshock with dacron.

Offline Widow's Son

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 12:30:00 AM »
For me dacron seems to shoot and draw softer. That's what I use on my BW mainly because it shoots quieter. Boy, those limbs really vibrate after the shot however.

Ross
1969 Bear Super Kodiak 45#
1966 Bear Kodiak 52#
2000 Black Widow MAII
46# at 28"
Roy Hall Navajo Stick, 64" Caddo 55#@28"

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by Widow's Son:
For me dacron seems to shoot and draw softer. That's what I use on my BW mainly because it shoots quieter. Boy, those limbs really vibrate after the shot however.

Ross
That vibration is because dacron is softer and does not transfer the energy built up in the limbs to the arrow. So, if the energy does not transfer to the arrow, it stays in the limbs and vibrates down the limbs and into the riser until it is absorbed in the bow and your hand and arm.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
I have never noticed such vibration or increased handshock with Dacron B-50 or B-55. But that's just me!!   :wavey:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Widow's Son

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
My BW is pretty lite poundage #46@28". This may have something to do with the vibration. I didn't notice it when using fastflight but the noise was unbearable.

Ross
1966 Bear Kodiak 52#
2000 Black Widow MAII
46# at 28"

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
In the same bow, lower draw weights generally have lower hand shock.

How the string is made, tuning, what material, etc. all affect noise.  A friend of mine got a new BW last year.  With one "FF" string, it was very noisy.  With another, it was very quiet.  Padded loops, proper tuning, proper silencer placement, etc. all help.

Chad

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
I think you will have less handshock and vibration with a properly tuned fast flight string over any other type string.
James Kerr

Offline Widow's Son

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
Here I was bragging about my dacron string and this evening it broke on me. This is a new string and only one lay broke. I must have scuffed or cut it on something. It broke after I shot an arrow. Luckily with only one lay cut it stayed together and didn't twist a bow limb. I've only had this happen a couple of times through 20+ years. Think I'll make up a FF string and a dacron and do some testing. I feel lucky this could have been worst. This is why I love Flemish strings.

Ross
1966 Bear Kodiak 52#
2000 Black Widow MAII
46# at 28"

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by swampthing:
Nope.
   Try to not dip your head forward too much, get that string back with good shoulder and back rotation. Keep your draw elbow down, head relaxed, and don't let the draw movement cause your head to adjust to the string, bring the string to your head.
There's some good advise!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©