3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: torn meniscus  (Read 368 times)

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: torn meniscus
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
I had my torn meniscus worked on in an Army hospital about 40 years ago. They opened it up from one side to the other and removed a torn chunk. It took me about 3 weeks to recover, the first week in the hospital and I was in pretty good shape back then. Today, the arthroscopic procedures have you leaving the hospital the same day with two tiny little holes to heal and none of the butchery they did on mine. It lasted 40 years, but now at age 71 I've scheduled a total joint replacement. They're predicting about the same recovery period for a whole knee replacement. Ain't medical progress grand?
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »
MCL's are easy no worrys, i tore my ACL MCL and everybit of cartilage out of my right knee wrestling, i got an infection, and 6 surgeries later i finallly got it all done. My point is count your blessings! MCLs are fixed in less that 2 weeks! Good Luck!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline finkm1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
Yep, 2-3 weeks and you will be fine.Had my right knee done in 2007 but it has been bothering me the last 2 years. Might get an MRI this early winter to see if anything else is wrong with it.
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Piece of cake as operations go thesedays.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Liquid Amber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
I've had ongoing knee issues for several years but within the last month it has got me to where I can hardly go.  I'm scheduled a week from today on the right one, one day after my 67th birthday.  

Folks I know who have had it seem to get over it pretty easily.  I imagine the left one will get fixed within a year or so as it is going fast.

Offline JMR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
I had my meniscus removed a year ago in my.left knee and recovery was not too bad. Just listen to your doc and do your physical therapy. I had surgery at the end of March and was chasing turkeys the beginning of may. Good luck I'm sure it will go fine

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©