3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need assistance in Ohio.  (Read 285 times)

Offline bansheewins

• Trad Bowhunter
Need assistance in Ohio.
« on: May 24, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
All, I know this may be far fetched but thought I would give it a shot.  I am in Ohio and unfortunately had back/neck surgery on C2 - C7 on April 6th 2012.  I have just got the release from the Dr. to start therapy and exercise.  I have been going crazy not being able to shoot my bows since January (missed Turkey season).  The only three bows that I have are all custom made long bows at 50#, 55# and 60#.  There is no way I am able to pull back any of these at this time, and if struggling to try don't want to get into bad habits or hurt myself.

My local area is not big on traditional shooting and therefore don't really know many people who are into Trad gear in the close vicinity. Is there anyone out there that has a longbow (don't care what kind or what shape) in a very light poundage (maybe 40#) that I could lease from  you for a period of a couple few weeks most?  I would be willing to pay for shipping both ways and would 100% treat it like it is one of my babies and replace if anything happened.  

I know this may be a weird request but thought I would give it a shot.  I don't really have the money to purchase a lightweight bow just to get my strength and form back.  I have a bear hunt in Maine the end of August (only 3 months) and want to get back into the groove and be prepared.

Again sorry for the unusual request but thought I would give it a shot.

Thanks
Larry
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach that man to fish and he will eat for a life time"

Offline JRHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need assistance in Ohio.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
I have one I just finished up for my wife. It is 34# at 28" draw. 64" longbow R/D cut on center. If your are interested PM me and we will see what we can do. I looked at your website. Pretty neat! God Bless

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
I have a # 31 @28" (I think) long bow if you want to use it.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline bansheewins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
WOW, thank you for the offers it is greatly appreciated.  I did have someone PM me as well and I will see if we can work something out.  If not, I will get with one of you to see if we can work something out as well.  Again thank you so much.

JRhunter, thanks for the comment on the website I should have my fist long bow buck kill from this January done and on there soon as well.  

Larry
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach that man to fish and he will eat for a life time"

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
What part of OHio,  My wife grew up in the North West corner, Wauseon, home of the Fulton County Fair.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline bansheewins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
Maineac, I actually live in Navarre Ohio which is only 10 minutes south of Canton (pro football hall of fame).  probably 10 minutes from Canal Fulton and Massillon if you have heard of them too. What a small world that she grew up around here.

I am actually going to Baxter Maine August 24th for the first week of bear season with my longbow.  I shot one there before two years ago but it was with my compound and since last year went 100% trad.  I am really looking forward to it.

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »
I have a 39# recurve if your interested. I know you mentioned longbow, but i just thought id offer! good luck!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
I have a 45# bear recurve. Ill let you use it if your interested. I'm only 20 min. or so from you.

Offline JRHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »
Thanks. I did the same. Switched to trad last year and took 2 does with recurve. It was like the first harvest all over again. Spent lst 30 years with compound and took alot of nice deer, but the trad evened the score a little bit. Looked at long bows and the price was pretty high so I built my own and it working out great. Got my wife interested and she asked me to build one for her, so I did. We have been getting her started. I love shooting her bow as it shoots as well mine and I can shoot longer. Hope to tag a nice buck this year. Good luck on your bear hunt.

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
I'm just north of Canton, in Hartville and have bows you can use. Let me know if you get hooked up or not. No shipping involved.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Steve in Canton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
I also have a longbow that is around 40 lbs that you can use, I have to go to Menards on Saturday, if you want we can meet up and you can use it.

Offline bansheewins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 08:26:00 AM »
WOW thank you everyone for the offers again it is greatly appreciated and I would return the favor if needed.  I didn't realize that we had so many trad members so close.  We should get a local shoot going sometime with everyone.  I have actually been in contact with a gentleman off of TradGang here who also lives locally and he has a variety of bows in the right range for me.  We are going to try and work something out this weekend.  Again thank you all.  Larry

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by bansheewins:
We should get a local shoot going sometime with everyone.
Lone Eagle Bowmen (massilon area) used to have a traditional only shoot once a year but I don't see it listed on their website for this year.   :dunno:

Offline bansheewins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
I used to shoot there quite a bit when I was shooting compound over the years.  I am going to talk to Matt Williams and see if it is something that they might consider again I have been friends with him for a while.  Plus I only live 10 minutes from the shoot.  HAHA

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 09:22:00 AM »
Good luck on your bear hunt, the North Maine woods is a special place!  I hope your recovery is quick.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Jimbow39

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
tuscarawasbowman and bansheewins are you sure the traditional only shoots your talking about wasn't at Lost Arrow Archery. I belong to both of these clubs and I know Lost arrow has their Traditional only shoot scheduled for August 20th at their new range at 3370 17th street SW Massillon, Ohio 44647.
I live In Canton, Ohio. JIM

Offline Jimbow39

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
tuscarawasbowman and bansheewins: I live in Canton where Lone Eagle Bowmen is and I belong to both Lone Eagle and Lost Arrow which is in Massillon. I don't know if you're mixed up on the clubs or not but Lost Arrow has their Traditional only shoot scheduled for :August 26 th at their new range at: 3370 17 th St. NW, Massillon Ohio 44647.

Don't know what happened to my earlier post but here goes again. Jim

Offline Jimbow39

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
Sorry about the error. The correct date for the traditional shoot is: August 26 th at Lost Arrow Archery. JIM

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
Hey Larry,Im in Bolivar and have a 38# recurve you can use I will even bring it to you. PM me if you want to hook up

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
Kenny can I shot some of your bows. :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©