3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: FINALLY.......... the door bell rings!!!!!!!!!!( new pic on page 2)  (Read 301 times)

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
was working in the back yard when I hear my dogs going crazy. I know the mail man is here and I run through the house to try to catch him before he leaves the infamous pick up letter.  

I meet him just in time to sign for a long heavy duty carpet tube containing my new bow.  I sign the paper and my mom, how happens to be visiting says what is that hanging out of that tube!!!!!!!! OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! this is what I see  after the post man has left.      

I open the tube to find a bow in a leather bow case.

How in the heck could this happen.  Now im prepared for the worst.  but I have to go get wings like my friends and I do every sat, so I will be back later on.......

Offline iohkus

• Trad Bowhunter
DIRTY POOL!!!!  :dunno:  It's against the law to leave us hanging!
Hmmmmm. I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm
not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
I'd rather go kick a grizzly cub while his mom was watching than be mailed some where. I think I'd stand a better chance against the bear!    :eek:  

Here's what they managed to do to a thick PVC tube.Taped,glued and screwed shut and barber poled with bright red "Fragile" tape.   :banghead:  Must of run it over with a truck or forklift,scratched and gouged down the side.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Any Damage? What kind of Bow? Unreal and in a PVC Case too. I swear it's like let's see if we can damage this one!!??

Offline CoyoteCommander

• Trad Bowhunter
How the heck did it punch through the leather sleeve?

I can see it getting through duct tape if thats all the tube was sealed with, but a leather sleeve?!?!
Traditional "kill count":
3 Coyotes
1 Armadillo
Bunches of bunnies

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Goshawkin that damage is mild compared to what UPS did to a bow I sent in heavy PVC pipe like that--entire end broken off for the last 6 inches at least leaving jagged edges and the bottom cap had a big hole knocked out of it as well.  Miraculously the bow escaped with only minor cosmetic damage to a tip.  The UPS driver just left it at the guy's door like that.  :mad:    :banghead:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
Rummagin' through PHOTOBUCKET, I managed to find these historical pics of interest....

Shoot straight, Shinken
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by bentpole:
Any Damage? What kind of Bow? Unreal and in a PVC Case too. I swear it's like let's see if we can damage this one!!??
Nope,not even a scratch! The bow was in a case inside the tube and it got caught on that jagged piece of the cap or it would have slid right out.The arrows were sticking out of the hole when they delivered it,can't believe it but they were fine too.
I was sick when I saw the tube because the bow was a Pete George Timberline(it's hanging 3rd from the right in the pic)would have been a total shame to have that bow destroyed,plus it would be hard to find another one.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Yep, that's the one....brings back bad memories, Shinken.  Did you know that Stabow had that bow reworked by Craig?  Had it shortened to 66", grip changed to straight but still has the slight palm swells on the sides, and now 52#@28"...refinished, and new suede grip, nice tip overlays.....she's back at home here in WV. Boy does she sing now.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
Greetings David!

Yes, Boyd kept me posted on Craig's mods - sounded like a most-excellent piece of work.  I am glad that she finally made her way back to your stable David!

BTW - my jaw dropped when I saw that I mmmmmmiiiiisssssseeeeeddddd the opportunity to own a LH NM Shelton - at a draw weight I could handle!  Someone must be really happy with that acquisition!

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: FINALLY.......... the door bell rings!!!!!!!!!!( new pic on page 2)
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »
WOW how do these tube end up getting broken like this??????? It almost seems like shipping services test the tube out to see just how far they can throw em before they break.  

Anyways, I opened the tube yesterday and thank goodness my new Toelke Whip HS was safe from any major harm.  It had a few very minor scuffs on the bottom limb tip, but i guess it could have been worse.  I havent had much time to mess with it yet, but I am gona shoot it today so I will try to get a few good pics.  these will have to do for now.

Offline DWilhelm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 08:15:00 AM »
I guess I got really lucky.  When I ordered my HH longbow from Craig, it arrived in a simple cardboard box with some cardboard taped to the limb tips and the box barely had a wrinkle on it.  That was from Montana to Ontario Canada!  Sometimes I wonder if they see an almost bullet proof package, it becomes a challenge for them to see if they can damage it!

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 08:44:00 AM »
DW
I had the same experience with a bow from Craig Ekin, simple box and it was delivered in 2 days from Montana to NY.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 08:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by LongStick64:
DW
I had the same experience with a bow from Craig Ekin, simple box and it was delivered in 2 days from Montana to NY.
I just got one from Craig 2 weeks ago,came in a heavy duty plastic tube.

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
Here's a lesson for anyone that shipping a bow uses bubble wrap on both ends and wrap the bow as well it must be tight no movement. I work for The Department of the Army and we ship out 10,000 package and receive just about the same.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
WHEW!
Very happy to hear there wasn't any major damage.

That riser looks cool!
I can't remember ever seeing one made with the different layers of materials like that.

Gotta be STRONG.

more pics!!!
more pics!!!
more pics!!!more pics!!!

more pics!!!
     :thumbsup:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
Glad there was no damage. Great looking bow!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
Glad there was no damage. Great looking bow!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
Nice!

Any more pics?

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
well finally got around to shooting my new 58" 49@28 WHIP HS.  All I can say is Dan did a great job!!!  the riser is made from black micarta to give it some mass weight, just a personal choice. I really think it turned out well!! here are a couple more pics.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©