3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St. Jude sniping  (Read 732 times)

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: St. Jude sniping
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
I checked an item an hour to late too. Oh well, I'm sited in now.    :bigsmyl:
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »
I've been on the road for the 1st 2 closings and will likely miss tonight as well.  But I'll sure try hard the last two nights!

I generally will run items up as far as I am comfortable early in the bidding.  But I sometimes will save a shot for a final salvo in case someone else jumps in at the end.   And I've also been known to bump my own bid in the final minutes to try to keep the snipers on their toes.  

It's all in good fun with the ultimate goal being to help the kids.  If I end up with a cool item on some, that is just a bonus.  Bid early, bid high, and fire a final shot aggression the end!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
I learned along time ago.....there are no friends in an auction......   :biglaugh:   Bid high....bid often!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
I got by the snipers and got some more strings from Oliverstacey  :)  

BTW...I don't remember the TGr that suggested rounding up...but I added $10 mor dollars due to that suggestion...more than covering PP fees for St. Jude...GREAT idea for dumbing down the math and helping the kids!!!!  Whooo Hooooo this feels good!!!!  :)   Keep it up folks!!!!  :)
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by Raging Water:
It's the $1 snipe that I think causes the frustration.

So, if a person snipes, well, snipe with class and bid at least $5 more.

Bid for the kids.

Matt
I guess that was what got me.  But I'm over it now, different strokes for different folks.  That's what makes it fun for them I guess, and I'm glad they're contributing.  I just gave my money instead.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2012, 11:10:00 PM »
I got outbid several times tonight in the last few minutes by some extremely generous individuals. Thank God for those wonderful guys who made very sizable increases every time they bid. It makes me feel good to see that spirit of giving for such a worthy cause.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arrowest

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2012, 12:26:00 AM »
I was one of the snipers Allan, sure hope you're not PO'd.  The way we went at it meant the kids were the true winners.

I was in a business meeting last Thursday and it was noticed that I kept checking my BB.  Let's just say that those present got a quick lesson about Tradgang and this great cause.  It makes very proud to be a part of this community and everything you all do.
cheers, Dale

"TGMM Family of the Bow"
Kempf - Raven 50@28, Kwik Styk 51@28, Li'l Grizzly 50@28,
Checkmate Hunter III, 50@28, Bear Kodiak Magnum (70's) 45@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©