3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Silencer placement  (Read 833 times)

Offline gobbler10ga

• Trad Bowhunter
Silencer placement
« on: January 16, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »
If you shoot 3 under but bow tillered for split finger should silencers be off set for the difference in the tiller
TEAM HILLBILLY

Online Wampus

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silencer placement
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
From what I've read, the silencers are taking effect mostly after the arrow has left the string so placement should be based mostly on the string length between where it touches the limbs at rest.

This guy has an interesting technique for placement.  It's near the bottom of the page under "traditional bow setup - 4. string silencers"

http://waterandwoods.net/content.php?content.421

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silencer placement
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 12:03:00 AM »
I put on six.  Three up and three down.  I use those bow hushs for longbows.  I take out ten threads from each bundle and cut them in half.  I put the first half of the ten six inches from the string nocks and the next 12 and the rest 18.  Your trying to get rid of oscillation and I think 3 on each side will do that better than 2 or one.  It kind a looks pretty cool.  Two small bundles and one large.  Have had guys say to me your bows really quiet, but it should be with all that on the string.  I say its only for one bow, just different spots.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©