3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: AD trad or trad lites?  (Read 592 times)

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
AD trad or trad lites?
« on: May 31, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »
I'm wanting to give these a try and from what I've read they sound like they tune very easily through a wide range of bows. I'm wanting to run them through both a 50# and 55# @ 28" MOAB, and I draw right at 27". Currently I'm running GT trad 35/55's @29" and they shoot very well with a point weight range from 200-250grs. I'd like to end up with a finished weight of 550gr+- and running the same shafts through both bows would be a plus.

I'm guessing that the trad lites would probably be the way to go but figured I'd ask what was working for you guys before I plunked down the $$$$ for them. Thanks for your time and advice, Brad.

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: AD trad or trad lites?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
From my experience with them I would say the Lites.

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
I shoot the trad lites in bows up to 60#. Over 60# I use trads. Great arrows!
:campfire:       TGMM Family of the Bow       :archer:      

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
The Trad Lites spine out 35/55...same as the GT your shooting now.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »
Trad lites   Check out the trad lite hammer heads. I really like them.

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
Yup, the lites  :)
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
I would think the trad lites would work if you are going to use a point weight under 200 grains. If you go over 200 grains I would go with the regular trads.
James Kerr

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
Sounds like the lites should work out for what im wanting to do.

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
Sounds like the lites should work out for what im wanting to do.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
Lites for sure!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
Yes Lites, also I would recommend you foot them, as they are not as tough as some other carbons & a bit pricey.   However , they fly so well and are tolerant of a range of different weights.  My bows are generally 50-55 lbs. & I shoot these, GT 3555's & Heritage 150's.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline elkbreath

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
As an aside, I shoot hammer heads through an 82# bow, full length with 300 grains up front.  They fly awesome and are every bit as tough as my grizz sticks and eastons...if not tougher.  

GREAT product, great flight.
77# @ 29.5 r/d longbow homer
80# @ 29.5 GN super Ghost

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 08:26:00 AM »
Well, all you guys were right, these are very forgiving arrows. I got home late last night and the 11 trad lites I snagged from the classifieds earlier in the week were waiting for me. They were full length and fletched with 3 5" parabolic turkey feathers. I threw some 200's up front and they shot very well after a slight tweak to the brace height on the 55# moab. I stuck some 250's on there and they too shot great. So I just took one shaft and cut it down to 29" and tried the 200's and 250's, both still shot like the proverbial dart. So I then took one shaft and stripped off the turkey feathers and added a 7" white wrap, 3-5" white sheilds. I stuck 250 on that and it weighed right at 600gr. I shot it and it flies like a dream......I think I've found my new shafts. I shot the same arrow through the 50# moab and it too loves those arrows. I've got 6 of the new 160 grizzly's sitting here that I sharpened and stuck 100gr bh adapters in and I'm just itching to run one through something. I shot one of them about a dozen times this morning and they fly great too...It's gonna be a long 3 months til deer season.      :archer2:    

My buddy Ted had been out trout fishing by the house yesterday evening and stopped in when he went by to show me some nice brookies. He shoots one of John Maus' longbows. He grew up knowing John since he is a family friend of theirs and he lives just up the road from us in town. Anyway, Ted happened to have is bow with him and I asked him to try some of these trad lites out of it. They flew awesome from his bow too(who'd have thought) He REALLY liked the all natural turkey fletch that was on them when I bought them so I gave him 5 of them to take home and shoot (actually I din't just give them to him, I traded him for some brookies    :D  )  . Those arrows shot so well out of his bow that I just couldn't send him home empty handed. Great arrows!!!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:     :bigsmyl:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
I cut my arrows at 29 1/2, with 175 grain heads.  For recurves cut past center, I have been shooting ADs.  Out of long bows, AD Lights.  All my bows are between 52 and 55 at 28", I pull right at 28 inches.
Mel Riley

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
Love my AD's  :thumbsup:
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »
45# to 55# AD lights with 180 t0 200 gr up front work for me
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Greg Clark

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Sounds like spine wise, the Lites are where you should look.  I have been shooting them for a few years but recently purchased some much cheaper parallel shafts because the Lites do not seem to be any tougher than the shafts I was shooting before at half the price.  The Traditionals are pretty much'bullet proof' and I have lost a few of the first set I purchased but have yet to break one.

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
The lites are shooting great. I had been out wandering around the pasture stump shooting for awhile this evening and figured I'd wander back up to the house and put a couple shots target. Shot 1 arrow each at ~20,25,and 30 yards. They're working for sure. while it may just be in my head, the Trad Lites seem to shoot more accurately for me than the GT blems in this bow. It could be just the tuning though. The footed GT's in the quiver are my stumpers. They are pretty dang tough as well. The Trad Lites I bought from the classifieds came with carbon collars on them but I haven't really tried seeing just how tough they are yet. The only flaw I've noticed is the nocks on the Trad Lites seem weak. I've blown out and snapped off a couple already and they've been shot much less than the GT's and I've not had much problems with those GT nocks. I plan on ordering some of the nock adapters and just using my glue on nocks to alleviate that little inconvenience.  Thanks again for everyone's recommendation. Brad.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 12:48:00 AM »
Brad....I may have some nock adapters laying around and I'll just send them to you. Should have some 9/32 nocks also that you can have. PM me back with your mailing address.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©