3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does anybody shoot just one?  (Read 1030 times)

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does anybody shoot just one?
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
Same recurve for the last 3 years with no intention of switching. I have some other bows, but they are for a youth program I am working on starting through my church.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Excellent point Orion!

The longer it is to hunting season the more bows I'm shooting, even in a single day. It's not unusual for me to shoot at least a half-dozen different bows -- all recurves.

As hunting season approaches I start to narrow down what I'm going to hunt with -- about 2 months out. No later than a month out I'm down to "the" bow. I won't hardly touch another one during the entire season.  

I select my hunting bow based upon which one I shoot best and is quiet. Frankly, I feel very good with any of them at 20 and under and I won't shoot further than that anyway.

This will only be my 3rd season "back" to recurves after shooting compounds for 34 years (and recurves before that). I could see the time coming when I tag a deer with my "go to bow" and then switch to a different bow just for the fun of it.

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
here is "El Uno"

Make a life, not a living

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
Same bow 20 years.  One other that is a backup-have only shot maybe 50 arrows through it.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
I shoot one longbow, and one recurve.  I may eventually order an identical longbow at a higher weight.  But I believe that I have determined that these are the model bows that I want to shoot.  Period.

I think.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
I shoot dozens of bows, although I do have favorites that see much more action than others.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
I have two identical CHX same weight pull and length so it is like shooting only one bow one is backup I also have a sax that I do not shoot just have it because it was my first widow it is different length and lighter weight I like my pcxs better and may sell the sax some day.   Widow

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »
I have several, but have that "ONE" that fits like a glove.  When returning to shooting it after playing with the others, it is like an old homecoming, pulling up a chair next to the fire.  A comforting thing.
I shoot 3D tournaments with two fellas that only shoot one bow... and both of them are darned good shots. I can almost tell you what their final score will be at the beginning of the tournament.  Very consistant, they are.  Good archers, and gentlemen to boot.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 07:12:00 AM »
I shoot several for different applications.  And I even have a few just for deer, I like having to pick one for a certain day. They are all fantastic performing bows and I know how to shoot every one of them.
I may be a devoted one woman guy, but I'm a bow pig.
David M. Conroy

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 07:18:00 AM »
I only have two bows. They're listed in my signature. I shoot each one very well so I don't mind alternating between the two if something should happen to either one of them on a package type hunt.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline flinthead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 07:27:00 AM »
I do a lot of trading, buying, selling as shooting different types of bows is enjoyable. If I was just shooting one bow it would get boring for me. 3 piece Hummingbirds, Dale Dye recurves, Tomahawk, and even one Titan recurve round out the stable. Would shoot better with one bow, but would miss the different types of bows. Thanks, Roy
Maybe it is time to shoot what I have on the rack

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 07:28:00 AM »
I have sooo many bows and I love them all.I am able to shoot 6 different bows a day,but most of the time I shoot inside the 15 yards range and I don't see a great difference at this distance.When I decide wich one pick up for hunting I become confident of the trajectory in a few days and so fast I can switch from one bow to another pretty fast.Maybe the reason is that I shoot several hundreds arrows every day since years.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »
I shoot the only one I got a Quinn 64" Stallion. Hopefully in a couple of wks. I'll be shooting a 64" Sasquatch.

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
There is another saying about variety being the spice of life.   :biglaugh:

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 05:18:00 PM »
I might fit the one bow category. I currently have one riser and 3 sets of limbs.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
I pretty much stick with one brand.

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
I only shoot one at a time does that count ?  :bigsmyl:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Stonedog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
I shoot my homemade HBI longbow.....60# at my 25" draw.....works for me....so no need to change....same weight ash arrows with the same heads.....

As I have gotten older....I have learned to not fix what is not broke!
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying

Winter is Coming

-Stark family words

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by drewsbow:
I only shoot one at a time does that count ?   :bigsmyl:  
Beat me to it, was going to say the same thing!

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
I just shoot my Hill but I have a different brand bow that is a backup. I'm blessed to be on Nates (Sunset Hill) list and I will definately get one of his. It might be the "one".
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©