3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: USPS tracking number  (Read 262 times)

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
USPS tracking number
« on: June 03, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
I sold a bow to a gentleman here on Tradgang. I sent it out on May 29th got insurance and tracking number for it. But I'm worried because it still hasn't updated on where it is. It still says its was accepted to the post office on May 29th and doesn't say anything after that. Has this happened to anyone before or do you think the tracking system isn't working?
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: USPS tracking number
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »
I had sent one and they said it takes 24-48 hrs to update the info into the system. Take the receipt to the PO and ask them about it, it may still be sitting there forgot about propped up in the corner.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline PICKNGRIN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »
The only updates I have seen on USPS deliveries is the day it gets loaded for delivery it will say "out for delivery".

Offline bulldog18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
For me the tracking number updates have been pretty good. I would give it a few more days and see if it is updated. I have heard of people going into their post office and have them look up the number for you.
Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
Howard Hill Big 5, 68" 50@28
Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
St. Patricks Lake Mushin Styk 45@28
Black Widow PSA 60" 46@28
Black Widow PL 47@28
St. Patrick’s Lake Northern Styk 68” 44@28

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
Not unusual at all.  Sometimes they track better than others. Give it another day or two, and all of a sudden the tracking info. should all be there.
I have seen this repeatedly, but always gets updated in a couple of days.
Ken Thornhill

Offline Eric Sprick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
Not unusal x2. Have had most arrive before any update.  Delivery Confirmation packages tend to update faster.

Eric

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
Got one shipped on the 19th from TX to AL still not delivered and tracking dead where it left sort facility on the 20th, It was shipped priority,what a joke!

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
I wouldn't be to worried.
USPS doesn't update their tracking in a timely matter at all.

You'll know when it's accepted and when delivered pretty quick, but the inbetween stops are a crap shoot as to when you'll be notified.

I've had quite a few shipments by USPS that had the tracking show the package has been sitting 3 days somewhere in the middle of the trip.

Then out of the blue it's out for delivery.

If you see no progress by Wed and you sent it priority..then I'd get a bit worried.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
Did you send it priority? If not,it is probably totally normal.
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »
You have to understand that it is not a tracking number.  It is a delivery confirmation number (unless you sent it express mail) and it was designed to do exactly what it says, give you confirmation of delivery.  It was not designed to trace and track your package, all along the way.  It does sometimes pick up scans as it moves through the processing plants, but that isn't 100% and isn't really what the service is about.  
  Delivery times will vary depending on the distance and class of mail.

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
What I have been finding out if it's non machinable it will only have the drop off and delivery scan. That is why you won't see any other scan. Packages that are machinable you will see all the scans.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
Some of the mail ordering companies,  Amazon, LLbean, etc. are using private mailing companies who then take them to the USPS for delivery. You will see it scanned and sit there for a few days and then it's scanned by your office out for delivery. The Gov. is trying to give some buisness to private companies. Will be the down fall of the USPS.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline eminart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
The USPS "tracking system" usually goes something like this, in my experience:

Tues May 1 2012: Package received for shipment

Monday May 7 2012: It's at your house now.

Not a lot of filler.
“...the old ones ... knew in their bones... that death exists, that all life kills to eat, that all lives end, that energy goes on. They knew that humans are participants, not spectators.” -- Stephen Bodio, On the Edge of the Wild

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »
lol
Funny, but sadly true.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
I get delivery confirmation, but also tell the recipient what the receipt says as to the expected delivery date. I sent a bow to Brian today. The receipt says, Expected Delivery: WED 06/06/12.

Priority usually hits it right on the head.
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline WoodsyDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 04:53:00 PM »
I have to say that I bought a bunch of arrows from a guy in Pa. a while back. The tracking number showed it was scanned leaving the drop off facility in route to the sorting facility. A week later it still showed the same. A week later it still showed the same. I called the post office and the response was "we can't do anything until the package has been scanned again". How smart is that?! If it is never scanned again, nothing is done to find it.

So, I asked the obvious dumb question... "Since it was scanned being picked up from the facility where it was mailed, but never scanned in at the sorting faciity, wouldn't you check with the driver or others at those places to see if they can shed some light"??? or even find it.  The reply was "No"  Naturally, that whole fiasco gave me a lot of confidence in how much our postal system really cares....   Good luck!

WoodsyDave

Offline LPN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
Take the insurance receipt to the post office and they'll be able to find it they won't be able to use the tracking #.

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
I will give until Wednesday if he hasn't received it by then. I will take all my receipts with me.
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm glad I'm a part of this brotherhood we have.
Thanks, Mike
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©