3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Don Batten's St Jude Hunt Raffle - Click HERE  (Read 887 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Don Batten's St Jude Hunt Raffle - Click HERE
« on: June 04, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »
If someone would be so kind as to pull out the highlights of this offer(copy and paste) that would be great....we are going to close this out Tuesday night at 10 PM Eastern.

CLICK HERE_CLICK HERE  

:campfire:      :campfire:      :campfire:      :campfire:      :campfire:      :campfire:      :campfire:      :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Don Batten's St Jude Hunt Raffle - Click HERE
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Here is the original post from Don for the auction:

posted 03-27-2012 20:30                        
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This will be a fri, sat, sun am hunt at a 400+acre private farm in NC. It will take place during the 2013 spring season. Our season runs from mid april to mid may. dates will be worked out after winner is determined. Farm is between Kinston and New Bern NC with closes small town being Dover. ncwildlife.org. for info on tags etc.

Now for the good stuff.

1st legend: Joey Buchanan from Oxford MS will be in camp and hunting with us. Most on here will know who he is but, for anyone who don't, He is to turkey hunting, what Gene and Barry Wensel are to whitetail hunting. Only person to take the royal slam with trad gear. He also makes his own bows, most of his calls and gear. He's given seminars at Kzoo, PBS, and Tannehill. All that and he's a regular guy too.

2nd legend:Cory Mattson from NC. Cory is a longtime member of PBS. He's taken game in Africa, Oz, and all over the US. Cory and Joey were charter members of the paradise club in ga and were in on the beginnings of hog hunting with a bow and arrow. Cory makes his living cooking. He's a 5 star chef and will be planning most of the meals on this hunt.

3rd Legend: Bernie Dunn. retired jarhead and tradgang icon. Bernie will be along as official Photographer and story teller. We also gonna get him out in a blind if he wants.

Your hunt can be blind or blindless. Guided or unguided. We aim to please.

OK here's the deal. After talking with Terry and all the above legends, and pondering for a few days, this is how it's gonna work.

This will be a game of chance and at the end all names will go into a bucket and Bernie will draw one winner and two alternates. I will video the drawing and post it on tradgang.

$20 for one chance or $100 for 6 chances. Limit is $100 or 6 chances per member. this way everyone has roughly the same chance to win.

When the bidding opens all you have to do is send a check or M/O, (be sure and make em out to St Jude) to Doug Campbell, 46 W Boulder Rd, McLeod, MT 59052 or paypal via instructions at the top of this forum, your TG membership # and batman turkey hunt on it. Then post on the thread that you are in for 20 or 100. If you post , we are assuming you have sent payment . 5 days after the forum closes we will draw and confirm payment has been received. then will post the results.

I'm not sure how many members are on tradgang but I think it's over 10,000. If half buy a 20 dollar ticket that would be 100,000 for the kids. and someone is gonna get a hell of a hunt a a bargin price.

Sunny Hill won this hunt last time I had it up. You can ask him about the quality of the hunt, food, and accommodations.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
Here is the skinny on what you have a chance of winning:

*3 day hunt at private NC farm for turkey
*3 other "turkeys" in residence to highlight the festivities: Joey Buchannan, Corry Mattson and Bernie Dunn as Robin w/ Batman!
*Wingbone call by Bernie Dunn
*Wingbone call in snakeskin by Guru
*Kanati Quiver from John Dill
*Longbox boatpaddle turkey box call by Joey
*Holmgard/Mellegabet flat bow by Bernie
*Loggy tree Stand
*Jay Massey book "Bowyer's Craft"
*$25 Shell Gas card
*3 pack of XXL Silver Flame heads donated by ABS
*6 pack of ABS Momentum FOC carbon arrows
*Waldrop pac seat
*Plains style osage self bow by Sticks/n strings
*Knapped primitive heads to go with above bow
and not least,

*Hunt at Marty's FL location for hogs in Jan with Batty hisself and ole generous Marty

* ADDED JUNE 3rd: Tippit Trout / Bird knife!

* ADDED June 3rd: unknown individual -Out of state license fee covered to winner

A $20 bill and you're IN!(or 6 ticky for $100 dollar) I mean, seriously!?!

$20 bucks for a chance for all those goodies to the winner AND you get to eat like a Roman Centurian till you upchuck and can't eat anymore good food AND---then HUNT with some wild and crazy people which is a guaranteed great time alone...but you come home with a semi full of toys!?

And best of all for last: You done helped out a bunch of kids who may not see next Christmas without you
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »
Ok, if you missed this package on the auction you still have a chance. Above is what you get. There is actually 2-hunts involved in this. Check it out and buy some tickets.

Come on now folks, lets break 5g's!!!!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
Is this where folks continue to buy tickets, Terry?

Does the money still go to Doug vs. added onto what's being sent to Walt for other stuff???

Saw some confusion on that last point toward the end where folks were going to send ONE check for everything...

Thanks!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
Yes Doc....post here...but follow same instructions as on the thread I linked.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
Just made the check out for 6 chances and mailing it to Doug today. What a great donation! Someone is going to have a heckuva fun time and even better, we get to help sick kids by participating!!!  :thumbsup:
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 02:02:00 PM »
Thanks, Terry!

I saw some of the late posts yesterday on Don's hunt were sending ONE check to ??? for everything.

I'd gotten corrected on that, but didn't want to confuse the issue in case I was wrong...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
So far here is what I have for a total.

I can email the spreadsheet to whoever needs it.

budnstefb @ aol.com

TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
ONE ticket = $20...(To Doug for this only)
6 Tickets = $100 (max allowed per person to keep things in the realm of "winnable" for the single ticket entry.

3 day hunt for turkey w/ Batman, Bernie, Corry and Joey (plus other projected Gang celebs for dinner)

3 days Hog hunt w/ Marty at mutually arranged time

Free license to hunt NC w/ Batman

And a whole boat load of goodies that will tally in the many hundreds of dollars (IF you could buy some of those things...maybe over a couple Grand considering a TIPPIT KNIFE)

PRICELESS...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
Just to clarify on the screenshot above, it IS NOT the whole spreadsheet you're seeing. I went line by line, entry by entry, and some folks had two or more entries, (some 5 - leatherneck) but each entry was entered as it came in, I did not combine them. But that's the beauty of an excel spreadsheet. Simple and sortable     ;)     I was looking to make sure no one had more than six tickets.

Now that it's back open, who can help us get to 5k$??????????

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
Oops, double post

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
DANG...using a touch screen laptop...it's winning

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bud B.:
Just to clarify on the screenshot above, it IS NOT the whole spreadsheet you're seeing. I went line by line, entry by entry, and some folks had two or more entries, (some 5 - leatherneck) but each entry was entered as it came in.

Now that it's back open, who can help us get to 5k$??????????
:rolleyes:  who me? Sorry if I made a bunch of confusion. I get caught up in the excitement sometimes.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
S'all good devildog!!!

You Marines are just used to attacking from all sides  :)

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
just sent paypal , I'm in for six , Thanks and good luck to everyone   :wavey:    :clapper:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
I hope you win, Drew!!!!!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
Thanks Ron , I'll be happy for the winner , great chance for someone to meet some some fine folks   :wavey:    :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »
Look who showed up...Drew Baby!!!  :)

Hey...you got a PM bud!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
$100 sent.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©