3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BigJim asks, "What would you do?"  (Read 1767 times)

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: BigJim asks, "What would you do?"
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2012, 01:32:00 AM »
Big Jim, I've never corresponded with you before, but I think this whole deal will make a lot of folks here do MORE business with you, not less.

1. The customer in NOT always right.
2. Thanks for demonstrating INTEGRITY in dealing with a very difficult person.
3. The definition of excellent customer service, honesty and integrity does not include allowing the wrong to run over or run down the right, and get away with it.  
4. You, Jim, showed us the "Bigger Man"...Thank You!
CoilSpring

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2012, 06:24:00 AM »
BigJim, I agree with the others here.  You continue to display professionalism and integrity that we all are accustomed to from you!  You will not suffer any ill effects from this unreasonable customer; you've established yourself as a top shelf Gentleman!  Keep up the good work!

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2012, 06:45:00 AM »
Good job Jim.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
Great job Jim!!!    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
  Mr. Pete
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline Robhood23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
Hey Jim,
    By owning and seeing alot of your bows you do fantastic work! Could you refinish them bigjim style and resell them that way? I am in business for myself and have dealt with people like this! Sometimes it is just better to take a little loss and chalk it up to education and refuse to do business with them again!If not send them back to him!
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »
All I can say is this dude has alot of nerve and his nuts is bigger than his brain! "I'll see you the IBO" has this guy ever met you? The only advice I can give this fellow is: If longevity is desired I'd think twice about threatning Big Jim in person!!!

Jim: You have done more than most would have done for this guy. Most would never have sent out bow etc without seeing his money and his bow first. He has no right to alter any new product and expect a refund from you. If he was unhappy he should have packed it up asap and returned it. Alter something and you own it, end of story.
hunt it

Offline Jeff Roark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
it doesn't matter how big you are when someone sticks a knife in you or puts a pistol in your face.

I'd be careful, especially now a day.

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
You are handling it great, besides I don't think it would be a good idea to confront you is person unless he has very good insurance. I thought everyone knew why they call you Big Jim.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
A threat is a threat, like said by Jeff those things are to be taken seriously.

I think your decision of making him pay for the cost of the limbs is fair and square.

I am starting to really want to know the name of this moron now, just to make sure never to share a campfire with him!
Your customer really appreciate you, this thread shows it clearly, and I know I am one of them.

Sorry that you have to go through all that

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Igor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »
Big Jim

I only conducted business with you and your team once (camo-dipped bow) and I'll have to say that you both went up and above standard customer service to make sure that I was satisfied (I was).....that along with what I've read on this site and others about your business ethics....in my mind there is no question who is at fault here....I have to say that I'm dumbfounded at the lack of responsibility demonstrated by this individual and many others in our current culture (God save us). He modified them without your expressed consent ....so he owns them.

The truth is the truth no matter if no one believes it

A lie is a lie no matter how many people believe it.

I and my wife ran our own businesses for about 15 years and dealt with many more great people than we did the unpleasant ones. I usually had the privilege of being the one that would fire a customer if the situation called for it (never easy). If this gentleman doesn't man-up you might have to fire him...

Good luck with it

><>>
Glenn
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all your ways submit to him and he will direct your paths

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »
Your plan sounds good to me.  See you at Denton Hill.      Jeff
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »
Big Jim for President!!!!

I call this the Walmart syndrome. Lots of folks think that a business is supossed to lose money at their bad decision in the name of "good customer service"....in this case as is most cases,is dead wrong. Customer responsibility is the dying trend out there these days. Good job Jim!!! And thanks for posting before he got here to bash you in an alterior motive.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
boy oh boy..

You've done good Jim.
Maybe the guy will learn from this.

I wish your customer would have the courage to post on this thread.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Boomerang

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
BJ,
I think you are doing the right thing. There are alot of idiots out there that try to take advantage of you.

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
Hmmmmm.. I was not planning on the IBO but this could be good.

Offline Tradcat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
Jim....the fact that YOU wouldn't let Bear archery eat the cost is PROOF that you live up to the "BIG JIM" name...keep the faith brother !

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jeff Roark:
it doesn't matter how big you are when someone sticks a knife in you or puts a pistol in your face.

I'd be careful, especially now a day.
Sad, but true. Watch your topknot, Big guy. This guy sounds like a flake, and my old police mind is throwing up red flags.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »
this guy sounds like a douche.  What kind of dimwit takes and brand new bow out of the box and goes at it with a grinder?  There is no reasoning with a guy like that, you're right to cut bait and get away from this whacko.

And the "you'll answer to your maker" threats to boot.  That's real christian...

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2012, 01:46:00 AM »
A different thought. If someone borrows money and doesn't repay it, then I consider it worth the extra cost to be rid of them. I know a set of limbs cost a lot but I was wondering if the limb is repairable? and if so it might be worth fixing and selling as a used bow, the take the difference between the new cost and what you'd get for the new used bow?????
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2012, 05:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bill Sant:
Jim,  As soon as he altered, sanded, played with the fit of any of the components, it is HIS.  
:readit:
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©