3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BigJim asks, "What would you do?"  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: BigJim asks, "What would you do?"
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2012, 08:37:00 AM »
I'd bet the no-show rate at the IBO shoot will be one person more than usual.

Here's my BigJim story.

My first purchase from BigJim was a couple of doo-dads including 100 grain brass inserts for MFX shafts. The order was filled immediately and I received the items. The inserts were the wrong diameter (I probably checked the wrong drop-down item?).

I contacted BigJim and he said he'd fix it. I sent the inserts back.  At the same time BigJim sent me the inserts I needed AND threw in a complimentary short-billed camo hat! The hat probalby cost more than the inserts!

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
That is the thing about traditional archery, most folks are so honest that that squirrels like this guy really stand out. Big Jim, you are a class act and one heck of a fine bowyer. This man has tried to use your generosity and good nature to take advantage of you. My guess would be this fellow is the type who is unlikely to confront you man to man, but rather would try something underhanded behind your back. Best of luck Jim and I hope this works out as well for you as possible.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline ray tareila

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »
Hi Jim: I know you and respect that you ask for advice in this situation with a "customer."
This man has the responsibility to contact you if he was not happy. However, since he didn't make the effort and then went on to modify the limbs, he is totally responsible and Judge Judy would back you up!
Regards, Ray

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by BigJim:
Today I explained to him that neither I nor Bear would bear the consequences of his actions. He kept telling me that because I lied, that he had the right to modify the limbs.

Anyway, after multiple conversations today, he told  me that I will have to answer to my maker and threatened to see me at the IBO shoot. He then called back and advised me to do what I thought was right.

Well, this is what I intend to do: I am going to cash his check and when it clears, I will ship his old bow (his bow was not as described...imagine that) and his newly purchased altered limbs back to him. I will also include a refund for any difference between his check and my "Cost" in this ordeal.

Not fun, BigJIm
Certainly agree with your decision here, very well done You and your company hve always been top notch. Mark a big plus in the column for bear archery for their offer.

Would love to know this fellows name to be able to avoid any dealings, pm is good.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by katman:

Originally posted by BigJim:
Today I explained to him that neither I nor Bear would bear the consequences of his actions. He kept telling me that because I lied, that he had the right to modify the limbs.

Anyway, after multiple conversations today, he told  me that I will have to answer to my maker and threatened to see me at the IBO shoot. He then called back and advised me to do what I thought was right.

Well, this is what I intend to do: I am going to cash his check and when it clears, I will ship his old bow (his bow was not as described...imagine that) and his newly purchased altered limbs back to him. I will also include a refund for any difference between his check and my "Cost" in this ordeal.

Not fun, BigJIm
Certainly agree with your decision here, very well done. You and your company have always been top notch. Mark a big plus in the column for bear archery for their offer.

Would love to know this fellows name to be able to avoid any dealings, pm is good. [/b]

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
oops, doubled up

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
Once he sanded he owned in my book guy should be accountable!  In my dealings with you Big Jim you have always been good to deal with and I am sure if he call and said they dont line up  and he sent it back you would have worked with him.  Dont have Bear eat it I am a shareholder of Escalade!    :biglaugh:
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
Done ALOT of business with BigJim over the course of time......every single time has been exceptional service.

Might be an excellent opportunity to "tighten up" your policies that pertain to situations like this to avoid a repeat in the future.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
I'm joining the chorus. Never had anything but good results dealing with Jim and that includes help here on TG.

When you return something (or expect to) it needs to be in unaltered condition. If you alter it, it's yours. Simple. Next question...
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Online toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
Big Jim, If I was the one who got the goods and altered them without waiting and contacting the seller and understanding, then I would not have the moxey to even begin to say something or ask something.  If I got something out of the box that wasn't right (it happens), I would contact the supplier and my experiance in this trad world is they would make it right and all happy.  If I was in your shoes with the customer, I would be furious as well and understand your dilema.  However, Bear is a fine company who takes care of there own.  Just the fact that you have hard feeling in wanting there help, makes one want to help more.  This is just another way for Bear to show that they still are a company of the past who HONORS customers, and believes in doing thing right.  Learn from the situation and move on.  We all are honest here, but there is always that 10% like this who screw it up.  I would never expect a company/bowyer to take my word for goods, cann't eat a word, and it takes effort and time to run a buisness.  Just MHO

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
I would say he needs to pay for the limbs that he damaged.
James Kerr

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2012, 12:40:00 AM »
Who the hell sands and alters new limbs in an exchange situation like this without at least calling?  That is the stupid part.  I'm not sure if it isn't more a case of no common sense.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2012, 01:00:00 AM »
Good choice Jim... as business men we always want to give the customer the benefit of the doubt in most cases..... but you have to draw certain lines and stand firm sometimes.

You are always going to find a small percentage of folks out there you'll just never please no matter how hard you try.... your workmanship can be flawless and they'll still find something wrong....

in this case, it was a done deal as soon as he modified those limbs..... Sorry you had to go though the hassle Jim.... i wouldn't mind having a name in a pm myself for my black list.....

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2012, 07:35:00 AM »
Some customers are not worth having.

If he does show up at the IPO. I would be a little nervous. As others said dumb people can do bad things.

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
Just a quick echo to what others have said on this thread: Both of my business dealings with Big Jim have been straight forward, upfront, honest, and trust based. A few months ago when I ordered the wrong size nocks, he sent me the correct replacements before receiving the returned nocks back from me. I enjoy doing business with people that operate that way!
In fact I'll be ordering more arrows from Jim this next week!!
Kevin

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »
Sounds like the man (woman) bought the limbs!!     :knothead:   Should have sent them back and not modified them.  What "X" are we up to now?   :dunno:    :dunno:

Offline coltar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2012, 01:00:00 PM »
I have done a little business with you ,Jim.Always very satisfied with your service.I am in the retail business & if the item was altered by the buyer,no warranty coverage should exists.Go buy a motorcycle or car & change the specs of the motor & see if any warranty exists.My opinion is he owes for the limbs & Bear nor you are responsible for what he screwed up.
P.S. Your rep is far greater than what one idiot could damage.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »
Big Jim,
  This person sounds like an ambulance chaser to me and I for one would put him/her on my blacklist of never doing bussiness with them again...I cann't believe they were that ignorant to even try a stunt like that but people do..I'm with everyone else on the subject and who in there right mind would grind a set of limbs and expect you to replace them...Shame on that person  :nono:

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
I've seen comments about this feller lacking common sense and the such but if he threatened Big Jim I'm pretty sure he has escaped the looney bin. Ever seen those comercials messin with sasquatch   :laughing:
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline stickandstring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »
I dont understand why the buyer would attempt to alter the limbs without talking to you FIRST. If there was a problem, Im sure you would have resolved it.
Let it fly ->>------>

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©