3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BigJim asks, "What would you do?"  (Read 1770 times)

Offline rick7

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BigJim asks, "What would you do?"
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
his fault, his lost.

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by Two Dogs:
Big Jim, those of us that have done business w/ you know better, nobody's going to run your name down!   :nono:  
+1!
Make him pay for the ruined limbs.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
I think no matter what you do the dude will drag your name through the mud.  Do what you need to do to minimize your losses as quick as possible and move on from this bad situation.

I've never personally done any business with you, but your reputation based on what I've read here on Trad Gang suggests to me that all the bad mouthing this guy could dish out wouldn't put a dent in your business.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
An older gent once told me in a somewhat similar situation where I was railing about idiocy of another person's behavior:"Son," he said, "if you're going to use logic to try to understand an illogical person's behavior, who's the fool?"

If this guy couldn't put limbs on and string a bow with functionally correct limbs, you've got a first-class, outa the closet, IDJUT.

Only way he could be dumber would be to be a wee bit bigger perhaps!

Whatever you do, do it for YOU and to your caliber of values. A man of his caliber cannot be made happy. Keep that in mind.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
He chose to modify the limbs prior to speaking with you.......his choice, his cost.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
I'd say the feller just bought a set of limbs...If he thought they were'nt right he should have sent them back untouched.

Eric

Offline Wickles

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
He owes you for the limbs, no brainer.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
Wow, the guy should have called you before grinding on the limbs..I wonder if he tried to put the bottom limb in the top limb pocket??.. Not your fault BigJim or Bears fault, when the sand paper touched the limb it became his.. All new Fred Bear bows come with a factory warranty. If they didn't fit then send em back..

Jim,give it a couple of more days and maybe the guy will see that he is the one who is "at fault" and maybe he will send you the money for the limbs... Thumbs up to Bear Archery for the offer of limb replacement! But this is between you and the "other guy".. Like others have already said "BigJim is a good guy to buy from" I have bought many dozens of arrow shafts and accessories from you and will continue to do so.

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
BigJim,This is one of those deals that went bad.After having dealing with you myself I know what type of person you are.The guy is in the wrong and everyone here knows that.You are in a business that depends on the public for retail sales.This guy will never due business with you again no matter what you do.If Bear will help you out its because they respect you as a business man and a person.I would take their offer to replace the limbs.That way you know that you have done everything you can and it should feel good to know that Bear Archery has your back.You just have to laugh about being called a lier.We all know better than that.It would be foolish for someone to come on here and bad mouth you in public,they would get tarred and featherd to say the lease.Just my take on this cause you asked.

Now for the more serious things,wheres my TC.You know our deal is good.....    :biglaugh:    

Danny
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
Guess I'm outnumbered BY A LARGE NUMBER Big Jim.

The guy pays for the damaged limbs.    :readit:  

Sometimes doing what's right will not be popular, but you have to do it.  I was just trying to save you some headache and the more I think about it, I have to say the headache is the best way to go.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
:dunno:   Has this guy never seen a picture of Big Jim?
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
Send him a picture of you holding a bill for the set of limbs he jacked up!!! LOL!
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline waknstak IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
You don't owe the jerk anything,He damaged the limbs.
 I'd send him him his stuff back and tell him have a nice life after the check clears.
"You can't have NO in your heart"- Joe Dirt

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »
I still think you should go with Robtatoo's idea

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
Big Jim....
    Sometimes ya wind up with a customer, that no matter what ya do, your still screwed....
    Ive had one so far, and dont want another....
Fred Bear respects you as their customer and are just trying to help ya....
    As mentioned above, go with your gut....
Good luck.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
Jim ;  Also being in business I believe that if the man did not like the deal he should have sent it back after talking to you, as a adult not a jerk,  before he altered it. Since he altered it  I would try to explain that he has damaged the merchandise and to please send a money order for it. He can cancel a check. After it has been recieved I would return his bow andoriginal check.  Just my opinion .   Jim Pyles  J.P. Enterprises

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
Jim it would take a more than a couple guys to hurt your reputation. You are Man of your word and we all know that.

I have been self employed for 16 yrs and know it's not easy to please everyone, that said:

1 post his name here so we all know the bozo

2 send him his bow and a check for the riser. Make him pay for the limbs he ruined.

My opinion

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
quote:
-------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Bill Sant:
Jim, As soon as he altered, sanded, played with the fit of any of the components, it is HIS. If it didn't fit like you sent it to him he might have a point, but in dealing with you as I have in the past, I'm sure he wouldn't have been dissatisfied with the final outcome. He screwed up when he took the sanding block to them. Good luck with the outcome, but your reputation as a solid guy to deal with is secure in my mind.

Ditto....
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Jim it would take a more than a couple guys to hurt your reputation. You are Man of your word and we all know that.

I have been self employed for 16 yrs and know it's not easy to please everyone, that said:

1 post his name here so we all know the bozo

2 send him his bow and a check for the riser. Make him pay for the limbs he ruined.

My opinion

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
I have no doubt, after the few dealings I've done with you that you've been fair with this person and he is unreasonable.

It seems that Bear values the relationship they have with you and they are eager to do you a favor they know they aren't obligated to do. Sometimes a company likes to provide legendary service because it is worth it's weight in Gold.

I hate to see a person (this customer) treat someone badly, do something ill-advised, and get off scott-free.  However, if the guy has even an ounce of decency he at least has been torn up by this whole thing, so maybe he's paid a price?

I'd cut ties with him pronto and return his goods and accept Bears offer to do you a favor.  No need to editorialize and tell him not to bother you again, etc. If he ever tries to do business again THEN you could let him know he is too difficult to satisfy and you choose not to try.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©