3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is better then a Cari-bow Peregrine?  (Read 325 times)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
What is better then a Cari-bow Peregrine?
« on: June 05, 2012, 03:16:00 AM »
Well, the answer is easy: two of course! Two years ago I ordered my first one: 45lbs@29", quilted Bubinga limbs, diamond ebony/Bubinga riser, elk antler tips and riser overlay, black beavertail. It looks and shoots like a dream.

Some time ago my German friend Hubert offered me a like new Peregrine: 48lbs@28", Crema Etimoe limbs, diamond Birdseye maple/Pau Ferro riser, elk antler riser and tips, dark brown beavertail. This bow would offer 6 lbs more in draw weight as my first Cari-bow Peregrine: at my drawlenght of 29 inches it will offer 51 lbs.

I ordered an 8 strands SBD string for it, and made 12 new arrows, calculations based upon my experiences with my first Cari-bow.
Abe assured me that every Peregrine was build the same way, so I could use the same dimensions for the string as for my other Peregrine. The new string fitted like a glove on my new Peregrine and installation was a breeze. I set the brace height at the perfect height of 7 1/4 inch and nocking point at 9/16 above shelf.

So now I had two Peregrines: one of 45 lbs and one of 51 lbs at my draw weight. Both bows look awesome and the craftsmanship on both is impeccable. Hard to tell which is prettier? I was very curious if I could handle the 6 lbs more. I build and calculated some arrows. They have a total weight of 450 grains, so I will shoot 9 GPP with the 51 lbs version.

With my first draw it became obvious: those 51 lbs is easy to draw. To my astonishment I could not notice much difference with the 45 lbs version. My arrows hit the target a little bit higher and flew faster, that will be the difference in GPP’s I guess. After a shot or 50 my bow was getting a little bit louder, indicating I had to check the brace height... And indeed, it lowered to a 6 ¾ inch. I twisted the string until it was on a 7 ¼ again. After another 50 shots I checked again and had to turn it up again for ¼ of an inch. From that moment on he creep was over.
My new arrows seem to be perfect, because they fly like laser beams. At 9 GPP the Peregrine is still dead in the hand, has no Handshock or vibrations and is very silent. String silencers are not needed.
As I hoped and expected, the new Peregrine with an 8 strands SBD string and arrows in the 9 GPP range are a great combination. It shoots like a dream. I consider myself very lucky that Hubert offered my that Peregrine, because they are hard to find in the classifieds!  Oh yeah, I almost forgot the pics….

Here you see the riser of my new Peregrine: Birdseye Maple with Pau Ferro and a dark brown beavertail, an awesome combination.

And a close-up from the Crema Etimoe veneer. I did not expect it was that beautiful!

Crema Etimoe next to waterfall Bubinga limbs. What is prettier?

Both Peregrines have beautiful veneer on their limbs….

Both have elk antler tips….

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is better then a Cari-bow Peregrine?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 03:17:00 AM »
Both have elk antler riser overlays….

Both risers are beautiful in their own way…

Thank you for looking!
FD
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 03:36:00 AM »
Very Nice!!!

Offline TSHOOTER

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:40:00 AM »
You are doubly blessed!  Those are sharp  :thumbsup:
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son does not have life.  (1 John 5:12)

PBS
TGMM Family of the Bow
P&Y
Comptons

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:55:00 AM »
Very nice bows!
>>>------John------>

Offline Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
They compliment each other nicely, tough choice, between two nice bows.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 07:33:00 AM »
Don't know a whole lot about Car-i-Bow bows, but last year the bowyer uploaded a few pics of a special bow he made for some type of charity auction that he supports.  The bow was a TD longbow and I can't recall the name of it or the function it was sold at.
One thing I DO recall was how beautiful it was.  This bow, without doubt, is one of the prettiest bows I have ever seen.  The guy that got that bow certainly has a special piece of functional art.

Nalajr

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »
That was a very good insight to your passion for archery and cari-bows.  Thank you for that, I felt as of I had the new bow
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »
I sold the Crema Etimo Perigrine to Hubert. That is a fine shooting bow for sure. I don't know how Abe makes them so fast and forgiving at the same time, but he sure does. That bow was just a tad heavy for me at my length or it would still be in Mississippi. Congtats on two fine bows.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 08:33:00 AM »
Abe does a fine job on all his products. I know you are proud.
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
That is a nice pair, congrats!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
Nice bows!

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
AD,

That is a handsome pair...  :thumbsup:  

Hubi is a good guy for sure.  You are fortunate to have a friend like him.  Good people are always with good people.

God Bless,   Pierre
>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow---->

"if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space..." God Knows!
>>>----->  SBD...Bow Strings ..."not just another bow string"   www.sbdbowstrings.com

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
Beautiful bows  :thumbsup:

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
Hubi has a great heart at the right place and we are soulbrothers! He is a great guy and I feel blessed with a friend like that!
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »
Both of my Silver Foxes shoot like a dream too.  Abe makes a wonderful bow and his attention to detail is amazing.  Congrats!

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Beautiful bows.

There is a lot to learn in your posts regarding tuning if people read between the lines.  You seem to be one of very few people that are familiar enough with their abilities and equipment to be able to tune right out if the gate and know if it is a bow, arrow, or shooter error. Oh, and have the time and patients to do it right.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
Haha,

I make many shooter arrows. I don't tune (paper or bareshaft) anymore. I just develop an arrow for a certain bow based upon my experience and shoot it. I judge the flight of the complete arrow and see if I can hit my target. That can stand away as far as 60 yards. The further away, the beter you can se the tractory. If it flies straight, fast and hits the target, that arrow must be perfect.
Braceheight you can feel and nocking point you can see.

That's about it....
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Chimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 11:00:00 PM »
I have had many of Abe's bows and all of them are a work or art. Plus Abe and Tina are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. I have a new bow on order, hurry up Abe I can't hardly wait.

Offline jarradmears

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 11:32:00 PM »
AD,

You had to post those sweet pictures and rub it in while I wait for my Peregrine! Good looking bow for sure and what a deal.
"Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©