3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: free marketing idea for 3R!!  (Read 388 times)

Offline calgarychef

• Trad Bowhunter
free marketing idea for 3R!!
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:58:00 AM »
I don't know about you guys but aluminum shafting pieces for arrow footing is getting hard to find.  I contacted 3R and they need to sell shafting by the dozen....understandable because it comes in dozens.  But I imagine if they took those dozens and cut them into 4 inch pieces they could get a lot more for that same dozen of arrows.  I know they sell the little aluminum collars but for serious stumpin' and also for tuning issues I like a longer piece of footing.

I mentioned it to one of their techs but you know how it goes the tech doesn't do the ordering etc. And getting any employee to try and improve things in their company doesn't usually work because they dont' think like entrapreneurs or else they would own the company. This isn't a slam against 3R it's just the way of the world in resale stores.

I know I'd buy a dozen aluminum footings every time I buy a dozen carbons,it might be a good item to stock.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: free marketing idea for 3R!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 08:22:00 AM »
That idea has come up a thousand times. There is no doubt that Dale at 3R has considered it.
John

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
Why don't someone start a new business of buying aluminum shafts, cutting them to different lengths, and selling them as footing????
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Jake Diebolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
I wonder what they do with the scrap aluminum from cutting down arrows for people? Maybe they could use that?

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
I would prefer if they recyled them for Beer cans.  :)

bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
I'm with BigJim.

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »
********* Archery sells individual shafts.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jake Diebolt:
I wonder what they do with the scrap aluminum from cutting down arrows for people? Maybe they could use that?
You're spot on, 100s of thousands pieces of footing has been trashed over the years, LOL.

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
Why don't every body gather up there unwanted aluminum shafts, and pieces they have cut off, send them to me, and I will cut footings from them and them list them in the classifieds.  How is that?
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline KOOK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »
What size aluminum is needed? I have a tube full at home. Just not sure what size they are.

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
Seems to me there was a chart started by someone that list all the alum. sizes that fits what size carbons.  Not sure where that chart is or if it was on here or not?  Maybe someone has it?

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline KOOK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »
Thanks. I'll look into it tonight. Maybe help someone out.

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »
Guess you are using the wrong carbons if ya need footings.

But if you need aluminums I have hundreds of used arrows in the garage. What size do most use for footings?  

Such a tiny market it would not make business sense.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline calgarychef

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
It's not tiny at all, if you consider that every carbon shaft is tougher with footings.  I suppose they might be cutting their own throat by doing this as the arrows would last longer and folks would buy way less carbon shafting.  Lone wolf what kikd of shafts do you shoot that never break?  I might want to buy some of those.

When I go gopher shooting I always use footed carbons, I can bounce them off of rocks and they dont' get damaged.  Last time I went I shot over 70 gophers, thats a lot of shooting and tough on arrows, I used 3 or 4 arrows for the whole day and only busted one.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
why do people always complain about what other people dont do?  Looks like a nitch market for someone!

Go get em Charlie!  Tracy please dont take my comment the wrong way, I just think if 3 rivers wanted to do it, they would have already done it.  Usually there is more involved than what meets the eye.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline 7eyes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
Yes,  Just ask in the classifieds for the size that you need and I'm sure someone will have some bent or broken shafts you can make footings out of.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by stringstretcher:
Why don't every body gather up there unwanted aluminum shafts, and pieces they have cut off, send them to me, and I will cut footings from them and them list them in the classifieds.  How is that?
Now that is thinking like an entrepreneur.  If I had some, I'd send them to you.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »
Well there seems to always be someone asking for footing material.  If there was enough used or pieces out there to cut them to a decent length, send them on, and I will cut them.  It might cost you some shipping, but it would be better than buying full length shafts to cut up?  Just a thought.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 06:59:00 PM »
I use Carbon Express Heritage 250's and 350's.

I have lots of aluminum arrows to re-fletch someday but I could cut up if that was needed.
PM me. I would assume one would use 22XX and smaller.

But I still stand by not much of a market from what I have seen at 3-d shoots.
What is a footing worth anyway?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©