3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kifaru UltraLight Packs....Opinions?  (Read 165 times)

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
Kifaru UltraLight Packs....Opinions?
« on: June 06, 2012, 05:55:00 AM »
Been looking at buying a KU pack, would be interested in hearing your opinions

chris <><

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kifaru UltraLight Packs....Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »
I'm not sold on the durability of the silnylon.  I went 500d.  I am a big fan of the ultralight pack stays though.

Offline elkbreath

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 06:35:00 AM »
One things for sure, if Patrick sells it it has been through a grueling process of real world use and testing. I've Owned lots of their products and never been disappointed.  What will ou be using it for?

Regards
77# @ 29.5 r/d longbow homer
80# @ 29.5 GN super Ghost

Offline mrjsl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »
Couple of years ago I was looking at packs, and looked close at the Kifaru offerings. I needed a relatively small one I could strap a stand too. I ended up with a Mystery Ranch Saddle Peak. One of the best hunting items I've ever bought. I can wear it all day scouting and forget I have it on.

Offline wigeon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
I have the ul 5200 and I was concerned about durability also because material is very thin.I used it last year on pack in elk hunt for 11 days I have also used a lot on preparing for hunt hiking with weight .I have had no problems at all with pack.It is a lot more durable then guys think.Patrick test all of his products in real conditions.I love this pack.I am sold on Kifaru products.I bought a para tarp /annex and stove,also a slick bag for this years elk hunt.Kifaru products are expensive but to me well worth it.

Offline Onions

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
Thanks for the info!
My plan was to use this pack for a upcoming elk hunt this fall, and Lord willing many more hunts in the future!

chris <><

Offline Dan Adair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 06:13:00 AM »
I bought mine used from a good freind, and I've used it some...  I hate to say it, but the pack stays are starting to come out he bottom of the bag, which seems to be something that tends to happen.

No big deal, Kifaru said they'd be happy to fix it, and its not the type of failure that just pops up (it takes time and abuse)  When I get it back, it's going to be a hard decision between keeping it, or ordering a Timberline (not the new Duplex one) and selling off the KU5200.

Kifaru makes great gear, and they are super people to deal with.  I'm not your average backpacking hunter, and I know I abuse stuff.

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
I'm on my second year with a K U 5200.I like it and would buy again
Tim

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©