3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St. Jude Auction, Maddog Bow, Turkey...havin' a good day :)  (Read 354 times)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well I came home last night and the wife didn't even tell me I got a long box delivered.

Glenn Hermon, aka Hermon, listed the dual shelf Maddog Prairie Predator in auction 1. I lucked up and got it.

Glenn shipped it toot-sweet and here it is.

This is a four arrow group after shooting it for about three minutes. 15 yards.

I think I found a tree stand bow   :)  

I spent all morning preparing to go to the PO. I shipped EVERYTHING I had listed, so I'm glad to have that finished. I was able to get back home and shoot a little. VERY impressed with the dual shelf Maddog. Mike makes some sweet bows for sure. ( he should, he was USAF...AIM HIGH! right?   ;)   )

Well, I also had time to paint up my turkey target. ?????

I bought another boogie board from a local thrift store. I use them to cut discs for aerial targets. I had some leftover pieces and thought I saw something in the foam. I did a little more knife work, glued some stuff up, then put on some paint today.

Work has had me bummed of late, but I had me a pretty good day today.

:thumbsup:  

TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online Dennis Allman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: St. Jude Auction, Maddog Bow, Turkey...havin' a good day :)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »
I like it, Bud.

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 01:11:00 AM »
I remember making that bow, I had fun trying to shoot it as well left handed as I did right handed.  I almost got it mastered but I had to finish it and send it to the guy that ordered it from me.  A few more days and I'd not have been able to tell the difference in my groups, right or lefty.  -Mike
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 06:45:00 AM »
Mike,

You remember the woods?

Looks like Cherry and Walnut, with maybe a Purpleheart center strip?

I shot a few RH also. And yes, I don't think it would take long to get good at 15 or so, hence the good treestand bow. You never know where they're coming from.

Nice bow.

Thanks Glenn and Mike!

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 07:55:00 AM »
Way to go Bud on helping the kids. You do a lot to help! Nice shooting and I love the turkey target!!!    :thumbsup:
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
I think the riser is bubinga the limbs are walnut for sure and the "I beam" is purple heart.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline Archeradam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
Im thinking of ordering one of the maddog midsized longbows and this wood combinations is great, what length bow is this?
If your never prepared to make mistakes you will never come up with anything original

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
Nice lines on that one! Turkey is great!  :thumbsup:
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 11:38:00 AM »
Maybe Mike from Maddog will jump in. This is a wonderful little bow. It's short, but not Supermag 48 short. I want to say 56" but I'm at work and will measure when I get home. It'll be late though....tick-tock, tick-tock  :(

Offline Archeradam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »
Thats fine  :)  It does look really awesome and apparently performs likewise?? what do you think, It was between this bow and the falco storm bow,

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=107241;p=0

but I have to admit I like the look of this bow more  :p
If your never prepared to make mistakes you will never come up with anything original

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 11:55:00 AM »
This bow shoots very smoothly, as do all of Mike's bows that I have shot. The grip is small but surprisingly just enough of a handful for my hands to control very well without any torquing. There is zero handshock. Mike's bows are one of the best buys in custom bows out there. It's a simple workhorse of a hunting instrument that won't break the bank to purchase.

If you're getting a mono-shelf bow or dual shelf, this is a good one to consider.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
Oh, and welcome to TradGang Archeradam.

Bud

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  It's coming up on 7 years of being in Business, and it's due to the posts like these and the words of my customers, that enable me to keep my advertising costs nearly non existant, and keeps me going.  The truth is Maddog, as a facility, is a small humble shop about 900 sq ft, behind my home and really not much to see there.  I get most of my ideas for designs based on what bow hunters post here on the tradgang.  Topics like, "describe your ideal longbow"  stuff like that.  I read those, take heart and get to  designing.  Trad bow hunters here have literally designed most of my bows with their ideas,  not as indiviuals, but collectively.  

New for 2013,  I'll be putting dynaflight 10 (BCY force 10) strings on everything I sell, youth and adult bows alike.  I'll still sell some B-55 strings to those that want them, until it's gone, but I'll be on the low stretch bandwagon otherwise.  The 60" recurve bow I make is now named the "retro recurve" since it somewhat mimics the bear recurves of the '50s, and the Ben Pearsons on the '60s. (another tip from the tradgangers)

Thank you for posting the pics,  That bow was one of the simple ones I enjoyed making, and it also does my heart good to see it get put in the St. Jude's auction and go to work for the kids.  Happy new year.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
Thanks for the input Mike. As alot of tradgang sponsors, you're receptive to us mere mortals of non-bowmaking abilities and our desires.

I'll bet your new design will be equally as impressive as the bows of yours I have seen. bartcanoe has a beautiful one of yours that I laid eyes on earlier this month. It is beautiful maple with black glass. And he was hitting stumps quite well with it in Uwharrie.

Thanks again for a great hard-working bow product.

Bud

Offline fling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »
Bud, Just bought a prairie pred for my wife from a fellow member 56" 36@28 and was not prepared for the performance this little bow exhibits. this is more bow then I paid for. I can honestly say all the good things I've read about Maddog bows are true. enjoy Bud.

Offline Archeradam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
After that I am definatly going to Order one of your bows! wow , and cheers for the welcome bud  :)

Offline Archeradam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 06:19:00 AM »
hey bud.b what length is your bow?  :)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
My apologies.

60"

Smooth drawing from start to finish.

Offline Archeradam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
Thank you very much

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©