3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tuning Wood...  (Read 171 times)

Offline mrpenguin

• Trad Bowhunter
Tuning Wood...
« on: June 10, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
I've had this Howatt Hunter for some time now and never really synced up to it. I tried shooting everything out of it, built at least three different strings, tuned, tuned and tuned... Never had it shooting to satisfaction... Until today. Honestly, I think God must have interviened... I was shooting woodies the other day built by a good friend.  One stuck into the shed after blowing through the old target.mwhen I removed it, the tip snapped off. I then decided to check my spine again. Everything seemed stiff, so now that it was shorter, I upped the tip weight. I put a 190 Woodsman Elite up front. Bam. Better flight. Then I noticed the bow was too loud... So I once again built another string, reduced the strands and added limbsavers to the limbs... Mainly because they always vibrate too easily. Well, new string, spider silencers, brace of 8.25" and the shorter arrow with 190 up front did it. This bow is finally, finally getting the job done. That took about two years. It's true, some bows just fit on the first shot, others you have to lern to live with... Good news is this baby is ready to hunt in a few months!

God bless!
God Bless,
Erik
_ _ _ _  _  
Crow Creek Black Feather Recurve 49@28
Browning Wasp 50@28

"And we know for those who love God all things work together for good"-Romans 8:28

"It's so hard to stop being a man and start being a wolf" - G. Fred Asbell

Offline critman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tuning Wood...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
Nothing more satisfying than not giving up and finally finding the magic combination. Good job mrpenguin.

Offline stickandstring

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tuning Wood...
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:42:00 AM »
Sometimes it takes much effort and perseverance. Great story with a great ending. Thank you.
Let it fly ->>------>

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©